Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 00:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Regarding blaster weapons in MM6 and 7
Replies: 16
Views: 13085

Arret wrote:I believe the GoG version is patched with an earlier version of Greyface's patch, rather than just the official 1.1 patch.
Haha yeah, that must be why he's so happy with the game as is :P
by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 00:11
Topic: MM3 - some questions, just started playing
Replies: 30
Views: 10832

Getting the team to 200 is easy, you just run out of gold unless you want to wait 10 years on bank interest (the same problem happens in MM5). In MM3 just don't use a full team, those Kudo Crabs in the whirlpools and the Vultures in the sand digs on the earth isle are millions of xp. For a full tea...
by Xfing
21 Oct 2014, 23:24
Topic: MM7: Yet another skill table mod! (for better balance IMO)
Replies: 34
Views: 23608

An interesting take, Bloax! I'll definitely check out a character using this setup, though I think they might be a tad overpowered. As of right now, I'll be reuploading the balance fix factoring in the new change in magic thresholds for the Paladin and Archer, along with a MMExtension file. Funny th...
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 16:26

Yeah, indeed. But I didn't know that, I'll need to look into that more. Let's just make it the balance discussion thread, then :P Hmm... playing a MPAC party with the new setup and I think limiting the Paladin and Archer to Expert levels in magic until the final promotion would be a good idea - the ...
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 13:31

zeus-online wrote:But haste works with blasters? I can see that the rof is greatly increased
Ok then, supposedly it was the Haste portion of Hour of Power that didn't work. But I think Haste was already fixed with Mok's patch, and the GOG version might have it applied by default
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 12:40

Yeah, that's true. So, basically once I've cleaned out all dungeons and destroyed all breeding huts there's nothing else I can really do to get more cash... getting the entire team to level 200 is impossible, unless you exclude the hirelings and wait off years upon years to gain enough interest on y...
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 12:37
Topic: World of Xeen modding and bux fixing
Replies: 27
Views: 16720

Ok, and are you planning on making some patching executable so that all of us can apply these patches?
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 12:35

I am using the GoG version, and dont have greyfaces patch so i don't know anything about that. Download it, then. The thread is on the boards. It's a great patch that fixes quite a number of issues already. I've been reporting additional bugs, but I'm not sure if Grayface is still working on it. Bu...
by Xfing
17 Oct 2014, 12:23

MM7: Yet another skill table mod! (for better balance IMO)

Ok guys, so today I decided that Clerics and Sorcerers were too good and there's basically no reason any sane adventurer would choose any other spellcaster class over these two, unless he's a masochist. Druids suffer especially, since they're a really bad hybrid, all things considered. So I decided ...
by Xfing
16 Oct 2014, 19:46
Topic: MM 6-8: Mass distortion
Replies: 15
Views: 10021

the beavers1 wrote:I guess I am the only one here who has never actively used shrapmetal.... I never thought it was much good when i read its description.... apparently I was wrong :D
I hadn't used Shrapmetal either until recently. I had played MM8 for like 5 or 6 years before I realized how awesome that spell was.
by Xfing
16 Oct 2014, 19:41

zeus-online wrote:
I am using the GoG version, and dont have greyfaces patch so i don't know anything about that.
Download it, then. The thread is on the boards. It's a great patch that fixes quite a number of issues already. I've been reporting additional bugs, but I'm not sure if Grayface is still working on it.
by Xfing
16 Oct 2014, 19:39
Topic: Problems with 2-wielding and overall dmg calculation in MM8
Replies: 2
Views: 5430

Ok, as of today I can confirm that the bug was also present in MM7. I tried dual-wielding a spear and a dagger with an Archer - the output of the halberd alone was greater than of the halberd + dagger, even tough using a spear with one hand is supposed to remove only 1d9 from the damage, while the d...
by Xfing
16 Oct 2014, 18:57
Topic: Was the MM7 skill and magic system a good design decision?
Replies: 3
Views: 5184

Was the MM7 skill and magic system a good design decision?

MM7 brought class-specific skill level restrictions to the fold. I think the idea in itself was good, but the implementation - not entirely. I'm talking particularly about the magic skills - I believe the weapon and secondary skills were done sufficiently well, but the way the magic skills were hand...
by Xfing
16 Oct 2014, 17:30

I was talking about being able to waltz right in between them and not even bother to dodge, letting the weapons do your entire job. You would need a level around 100 to be able to do that comfortably. Also, the blasters receive a recovery penalty from armor just like any other weapon does, but other...
by Xfing
15 Oct 2014, 23:38
Topic: MM 6-8: Mass distortion
Replies: 15
Views: 10021

The problem with Shrapmetal is that you need to get in close, as it works best at point blank range. Grayface's mouselook tweak lets you aim your shots from bows and blasters where the unmodded game wouldn't let you to, which lets you take care of monsters well outside their own natural range of fir...
by Xfing
15 Oct 2014, 23:32
Topic: mm8
Replies: 4
Views: 3426

Even though MM8 was my first MM game and on my first run I spent like weeks even trying to get off the Dagger Wound Island, the only class I've successfully soloed with was the Necromancer. You can easily train up to level 200 just by Armageddoning the shit outta everything and using Invisibility fo...
by Xfing
15 Oct 2014, 23:26

zeus-online wrote:They are ridiculously overpowered anyway, was just curious.
Only with Haste, only in real-time mode and you still won't be able to mow down Titans by the legions until you're at least level 85 or so.
by Xfing
15 Oct 2014, 23:24
Topic: Who Sunk Might and Magic? My analysis.
Replies: 10
Views: 7390

Re: Galaxian Defender

Also, Second Corak said to the ending party that one of the gateways MIGHT take them to the Ancients, amongst a thousand possibilites, so further MM games could take place on a new VARN each time with a hidden connection subplot hidden in the main plot of the game. "Which one leads to the Anci...
by Xfing
15 Oct 2014, 23:20

Talin_Trollbane wrote:
Doe Meister is a good code to know for extra cash...
Yeah, I believe I've actually used this code - in fact I did it right off the bat to give the team a head start. But towards the endgame 2 million gold is not an impressive sum by any means :(
by Xfing
13 Oct 2014, 18:31
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 9523532

Found another bug just now: - the "remove magical aging" portion of the Sacrifice spell doesn't work. EDIT: To avoid any more multiple posts, I'll just keep adding the issues I see to this post here. I'll also compile all the past bugs that haven't been dealt with yet. - There are 8 chest ...

Go to advanced search