Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
31 Oct 2014, 10:14
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM7: Weaponmaster only partially (N+E) affects Unarmed?
Replies: 10
Views: 7614

It's a formula error. Normal and Expert Armsmaster bonuses indeed apply to even your bare hands, but the Master bonus doesn't. I'm not really sure though, but this might be intentional. I was thinking of removing the Monk's Master Armsmaster perk at first, and turns out it would have been a good dec...
by Xfing
31 Oct 2014, 10:11
Topic: Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?
Replies: 9
Views: 7074

I never got the trumpet quest in my save. Time passed, and then I immediately got the message about Grey dying. This is not the first time it's happened to me, I don't really know what determines this. But no matter, I still have a somewhat earlier save ready, so I should be able to play back to tha...
by Xfing
30 Oct 2014, 23:59
Topic: Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?
Replies: 9
Views: 7074

Is it possible to edit event flags in MM7?

I know MM7view might be capable of doing it, but I don't know how. My problem is: I've completed the war quests for both Erathia and Avlee, stole the Riverstride plans and rescured Loren Steel. But whenever I warp back to Castle Harmondale, it sets it automatically so that Erathia wins and I never g...
by Xfing
30 Oct 2014, 10:35
Topic: MM7: Yet another skill table mod! (for better balance IMO)
Replies: 34
Views: 23376

I feel the same way about the Rogue quest. The easy way is to hire a gate master, but if you want to do it as designed (without massive save abuse) it isn't something you likely touch until after you have chosen light or dark. Yeah. The Warrior Mage quest/Dwarf Rescue is similarly tricky to pull of...
by Xfing
30 Oct 2014, 00:12
Topic: mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong
Replies: 29
Views: 16537

Armageddon doesn't really work in MM6, though. It's just not well implemented in terms of code. Flying enemies resist it outright. It's probably been patched already, though, but I'm not sure. And as for the wel in Eeofol, abusing it sure is fun, but then you entirely lose your perspective as to how...
by Xfing
30 Oct 2014, 00:09
Topic: MM7: About using 2 melee weapons
Replies: 1
Views: 2592

Re: MM7: About using 2 melee weapons

When holding 2 weapons, do you get all the the benefits from both weapons? E.g.: 1. Does a thief with a sword(M) and a dagger(GM) still get the triple damage chance, the added damage/skill and the attack speed of the dagger? 2. Does a Paladin with a Mace(GM) and a sword(M) still have the chance to ...
by Xfing
29 Oct 2014, 02:13

Okay, still playing the game with the spawn mod... Entire party is already Level 25 and I still haven't even done the barrows or the Rescue the Dwarves mission. I cleaned out the Tidewater Cavern on level 11, but it took me like at least 3,5 hours of real life time! Now that's what I call an adventu...
by Xfing
26 Oct 2014, 21:17

I'm always at around level 70 when I finish a vanilla game. Learning is supposed to compensate for the fact that frail characters will supposedly spend more time unconscious, but in practice you can keep everyone conscious quite easily, and then discrepancies become clear. Would probably have been s...
by Xfing
26 Oct 2014, 15:41

Looking good. Are you still planning on adding a monster spawn modification? What would you say is reasonable? I'm only editing character skill levels, a spawn mod would have to be done separately I'm afraid. But look around in this thread, one spawn mod has been posted and it works quite fine. I m...
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 20:52

Hmmm... if it's really possible to go past 200 in Nighon then it's awesome! I wouldn't know, though - like 100 is as far as I've ever come in vanilla MM7. Playing with an increased spawn mod now, this should make things much easier.
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 12:01

I don't know where you get that level cap from. It is true for MM8, there the cap is level 200. Try for yourself and see, you can't train past level 200 anywhere. Eofol? Do you mean the Land of the Giants? Yes, which is a part of Eeofol. I use scholars usually just for Wromthrax's cave. Beyond that...
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 10:16

Ok, let's get to changin'! Thief: Merchant: MMMM -> MMGG Paladin: Self Magic: BEGG -> EMGG Sword: MMMM -> EEEE Spear: EEEE -> MMMM Merchant: MMMM -> EEEE Archer: Elemental Magic: BEGG -> EMGG Ranger: Magic: -BMM -> -EMM Cleric: Self Magic: EMGG -> MMGG Merchant: MMGG -> EMMM Meditation: MMMM -> EMMM...
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 01:05

Are you including the extra 3-18 fire from the enchant? That's why dual wielding feels so strong, you get a second weapon enchant. Right... but you can get expert Dagger with a Ranger as is, and use it along with an axe. No need for getting swords dragged into this IMO. Sorry I wasn't clear. I mean...
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 00:15

Another balance update draft: updates to the files will be made tomorrow, I think. I have noticed that due to buffing the magical classes I have created a situation where a class jumps two levels of mastery after a single promotion, such as BEGG for the Archer's Elemental Magic schools. This really ...
by Xfing
25 Oct 2014, 00:03

Are you sure there's a penalty for dual wielding with a spear? MM6 had one, but even that wasn't all that big a deal. Using a spear in one hand removes 1d9 from its damage output. Not much, it would seem, but due to the bugged dual-wielding mechanic I made a thread about, even adding in a 2d3+7 dag...
by Xfing
24 Oct 2014, 22:57

Does this work? (A mod of some variant of the survival mod, except with vanilla items and less absurd monster hp values.) Hmmm... not sure what to do with it. Do you insert it into Events.lod with MM7view or what do you do? Judging from the name it's just Survival's spawn mod without the new item i...
by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 19:40
Topic: MM3 - some questions, just started playing
Replies: 30
Views: 10767

The only way to get that much gold is hoarding it and then when you are ready to make a level push spend years doing and re-doing the "job" in Fountain Head which instantly burns one week. The interest is 1% per week in the bank. Doing this hundreds of times will eventually get your gold ...
by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 09:15

[quote="TheAnyKey" I sometimes even play parties without a Cleric, just so I can't overuse the well in the Land of the Giants. I often don't kill the dragon on Emerald Island but I still keep getting loads of levels and stuff from killing countless dragons in Wromthrax's cave. It's just to...
by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 00:27

Killing the dragon is valid in my opinion, but I think you should only pick up the contents of its corpse once for it to be fair. I don't like teaching Bow to all my characters, usually only Archers and Rangers have bows in my party. And I never really play as Rangers because they're abysmal. Might ...
by Xfing
22 Oct 2014, 00:22
Topic: Was the MM7 skill and magic system a good design decision?
Replies: 3
Views: 5148

Well as you've probably already seen, the mod has been already made. We can continue with this discussion in that thread, I think :P But to address this one thing: I do not think giving the Paladin GM in self makes him broken and preferable over the Cleric. The Cleric can get Master and GM in Light ...

Go to advanced search