Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
01 Sep 2016, 14:27
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: There is a cap on the Eeofol wishing well
Replies: 3
Views: 2891

Re: There is a cap on the Eeofol wishing well

I used to abuse the well in the past too, but never to the point where it gave out on me, so I've found out only recently. But yeah, funny that.
by Xfing
01 Sep 2016, 10:50
Topic: There is a cap on the Eeofol wishing well
Views: 2891

There is a cap on the Eeofol wishing well

I found this out the hard way yesterday when beefing up my party to extreme levels using the well. I 60'd all the major skills for 3 of my chars, but found much to my chagrin that nothing remained for my Archmage - the well simply stopped reacting to both clicks and the "trigger" button, i...
by Xfing
23 Aug 2016, 17:07
Topic: The choice which wasn't there (MM7 spoilers)
Replies: 2
Views: 2395

Re: The choice which wasn't there (MM7 spoilers)

I think having this choice defeats the whole purpose of having two paths TBH.

If MM had the budget and scope of The Elder Scrolls, it could work though.
by Xfing
07 Aug 2016, 10:00
Topic: Monster generators don't work in WoX
Replies: 6
Views: 3514

Re: Monster generators don't work in WoX

Yeah, I remember reading some min-maxer's guide that said you only need to train 3 of your guys to 196, two to 194 and one to 192 and still have enough permanent boosts available to get them all to 255. Don't quote me on it though. Right now I wanna get that +50 to all stats below 50 from Corak's po...
by Xfing
07 Aug 2016, 09:53
Topic: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect
Replies: 17
Views: 10094

Re: mm7) Plate vs dodging vs unarmed GM effect

Half physical damage is a good perk to have for sure. But AC gives you a chance to avoid an attack. These two shouldn't be counted as things in opposition to each other, but rather as things that synergize with each other. At a high enough level of dodging and leather, a GM dodger with a master-skil...
by Xfing
03 Aug 2016, 09:13
Topic: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?
Replies: 50
Views: 28851

Re: What do you think the future of Might and Magic Shall Behold?

If Ubisoft knew what's good for them, they could make and advertise MM as a competitor for The Elder Scrolls or something. Pandering to niche players was yet another bad decision (quite likely), since there are barely any players of MM1-5 younger than a certain age. I have little doubt that directin...
by Xfing
03 Aug 2016, 09:02

It's still very much possible to get all the guys to level 255, so I guess I shouldn't worry.
by Xfing
03 Aug 2016, 09:00
Topic: MM10 old universe references
Views: 2019

Re: MM10 old universe references

Holy cow, these references are pretty strong! As in, there's no mistake! Sweet, thanks a ton!

I wonder if he was referring to Cron, Varn or Xeen? Xeen was known to have been restored to a round shape in WoX, so could MMX be.taking place before it happened?
by Xfing
01 Aug 2016, 20:16
Topic: MM10 old universe references
Views: 2019

MM10 old universe references

I haven't played the game because my laptop won't run it, and I don't feel like watching such a lengthy LP (LPers tend to miss lore in favor of gameplay anyway). Could anyone who has played the game quote or approximate for me some of the bits that suggest Ashan might be just another planet? I wonde...
by Xfing
15 Jul 2016, 16:02
Topic: Tolberti and solo druid
Replies: 20
Views: 8931

Re: Tolberti and solo druid

Make this easier for yourself and get my balance mod, it's presented in a thread in this forum. Druids get GM in all seven schools in it - which, let's be honest - they should have had in the original game by right. I don't think it makes them broken, as they still don't do any Light or Dark stuff, ...
by Xfing
15 Jul 2016, 15:57
Topic: Level Cap in MM7
Replies: 2
Views: 4660

Level Cap in MM7

I know it's not 200, so what is it? 500? I'm starting to think I'd like to try a Paladin instead of a Knight, even though Paladins have horrible mastery caps (i made balance revisions, but they still can feel a bit like cheating, knowing the authors' intended design). Can a super high level Paladin ...
by Xfing
22 Jun 2016, 11:51
Topic: "Boss fights" in MM6-7-8
Replies: 7
Views: 5155

Re: "Boss fights" in MM6-7-8

To be honest, all the game needs in terms of bosses: - double the damage of the unique dragons, give them insta death on hit and weapon/armor break on hit too - give old loeb 4000 hp, Ilsingore 3000 and Yaardrake 3500 - give Blackwell Cooper double HP and give his attacks some effect, like insanity,...
by Xfing
20 Jun 2016, 12:44

So you mean there is no inherent respawn in WoX, at all?

Though it's not so much of a problem I guess, since there's the Warzone. Yeah :D
by Xfing
18 Jun 2016, 20:47

I agree about MM8's visuals. They feel the most modern and streamlined out of the bunch, and combined with the simplification of gameplay and removing most of the early series RPG tropes in favor of realism, it definitely makes MM8 feel he most modern. Hell, the only way to increase stats in MM8 wer...
by Xfing
18 Jun 2016, 18:13

MM6 was super hard due to lots of monsters having unblockable insta-death. In MM7 many monsters had insta-death, which was now blockable, but it was compensated for by some monster attack effects, for example dragons broke your equipment simply by attacking. Even this no longer happens in MM8, since...
by Xfing
18 Jun 2016, 18:06

Monster generators don't work in WoX

After beating 3 and loving the hell out of it, I started playing WoX. Almost done with Cloudside as of right now, having also cleared out Castleview in the meantime, but I've noticed that my copy of the game has some problems. I play using DosBox of course. The bugs are: - Can't tip bartenders, the ...
by Xfing
16 Jun 2016, 17:41
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32405

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

I dont analize your fantasions. Im talking about real game. If you dont want see its your problem. In MMI and MMII we dont have countries like in HIII fabula. We dont have fabula in MMI and in MMII we have only conflict between Roland and Archie and the same themes in MMVI. I dont see big differenc...
by Xfing
23 Apr 2016, 00:15
Topic: Your favourite non-original M&M music
Replies: 4
Views: 3256

Re: Your favourite non-original M&M music

Oh, boy. For many years I played both MM7 and 8 without the built-in music, so I had many songs imprinted deeply on me which I then associated very closely with the games. Such imprinting happened much more to me and in a much more intense manner when I was a child, but it still does to an extent. F...
by Xfing
23 Apr 2016, 00:11
Topic: Anybody solo M&M8 ?
Views: 5033

Re: Anybody solo M&M8 ?

I've done it more than once with the Necromancer. Once you get promoted and get a high enough level in Dark Magic, it becomes a trifle. Not to mention you can level up extreme amounts just by Armageddon cleaning - and you get 5x more exp for it than normally. I do remember not being able to clean so...
by Xfing
23 Apr 2016, 00:07
Topic: MM8 GM bow isdue
Replies: 11
Views: 5780

Re: MM8 GM bow isdue

Bow + Darkfire really make Dark Elves amazing. It just would have been so nice to receive the damage perk from bonuses to GM Bow. Also, daggers are for pussays - give your Dark Elf Elsenrail + Glomenthal. Being able to dual wield swords makes using daggers an extreme waste. Even though it's the civi...

Go to advanced search