Search found 929 matches

by Xfing
10 Jul 2017, 14:09
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: [lore] Is the continent Enroth a landed nacelle?
Replies: 2
Views: 2522

Re: [lore] Is the continent Enroth a landed nacelle?

Well from what I gleaned from the lore text, it was supposed to be some sort of huge ship carrying lots and lots of colonists, so I thought it maybe was a nacelle or something.
by Xfing
03 Jul 2017, 09:16
Topic: [lore] Is the continent Enroth a landed nacelle?
Views: 2522

[lore] Is the continent Enroth a landed nacelle?

Replayed MM6 recently, obvious question comes to mind, given the Tomb of VARN is a thing. Is the planet Enroth just like Terra, in that various nacelle worlds have been landed on its surface?
by Xfing
28 Jun 2017, 11:46
Topic: Was the name "Cuisinart" an inside joke or developer prank?
Replies: 4
Views: 4465

Re: Was the name "Cuisinart" an inside joke or developer prank?

Macros the Black wrote:If you imagine your party members as vegetables, and the Cuisinarts as slicing and dicing you, then you kinda get the joke they were going for I think.
Shoulda called them "Blendtec" then, the joke would have been much more obvious :D
by Xfing
23 Jun 2017, 01:18
Topic: Was the name "Cuisinart" an inside joke or developer prank?
Views: 4465

Was the name "Cuisinart" an inside joke or developer prank?

To be fair, when you hear "cuisinart", you think more of a kitchen-savvy chef than an undead knight. Turns out that when you google it, it's a name of an American kitchen appliance brand. Do you think the developers snuck this name in as a joke and it was meant to be something else in the ...
by Xfing
16 Jun 2017, 11:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Remove Conflux for random maps?
Views: 2836

Re: Remove Conflux for random maps?

Play with Horn of the Abyss, they've fixed all of these problems and more. It's hard to get back to vanilla Heroes once you've tried it. The only downside is that you can't play the 3 original campaign series through the HotA application.
by Xfing
16 Jun 2017, 11:35
Topic: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?
Replies: 34
Views: 20653

Re: MMX Legacy expansion or MMXI?

I wonder what ramifications would an acquisition by Vivendi have for the IP.
by Xfing
06 Jun 2017, 20:37
Topic: MMX Legacy review
Views: 2993

MMX Legacy review

I've finally gotten around to playing MMX: Legacy. As such a big fan of M&M, I just couldn't pass it up after all. My team were a Warmonger, Blademaster, Runemaster and Archmage. Here are my impressions: Setting: It will probably come as no surprise to anyone when I say that based on this game a...
by Xfing
06 Jun 2017, 11:22
Topic: [SOLVED] MM7/8: Mouselook isn't working after moving the game to another PC
Views: 3194

Re: MM7/8: Mouselook isn't working after moving the game to another PC

Thanks for mentioning it! I had overlooked MouseLook=1 it seems. The devil is always in the details :D
by Xfing
05 Jun 2017, 22:47
Topic: [SOLVED] MM7/8: Mouselook isn't working after moving the game to another PC
Views: 3194

[SOLVED] MM7/8: Mouselook isn't working after moving the game to another PC

I think I didn't do a proper reinstall when I moved my MM7 and 8 to my new PC a while ago. Haven't tried to play them a lot, but recently trying to fix this. I managed to get the Hardware Acceleration option available by setting a compatibility mode, but for some reason I can't make Caps Lock toggle...
by Xfing
05 Jun 2017, 22:33

No one's soloing the Summer Residence, not a chance in hell. Maybe if the chars received 4x the experience if only they were conscious, but that's not the case.
by Xfing
05 Jun 2017, 21:13
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Cosmology of the Might and Magic Universe and Ashan
Replies: 35
Views: 50336

Re: Cosmology of the Might and Magic Universe and Ashan

The biggest problem about all of this is assuming that Asha and Urgash have any influence outside of Ashan. They don't, and are probably some Ancient constructs themselves. There's no way Asha can stand above the Ancients, like, come on.
by Xfing
27 May 2017, 23:24

Truth is, even Heroes 7 was relatively low budget, and according to many, a step back from H6 in everything, including the graphics. This franchise was bought for 1,3 million, Ubisoft can't expect it to be their biggest earner. I really hope someone with genuine love for the series acquires the fran...
by Xfing
13 May 2017, 11:24

Welp, I hope the next M&M game is real-time and not locked to a grid, 's all I'm saying. I've also said that this franchise has the potential to compete with Elder Scrolls if enough money and time was invested into it, but guess Ubi won't go that route. Anyway, M&M games have magic to them t...
by Xfing
15 Apr 2017, 11:57
Topic: Why are Cuisinarts called that?
Views: 2515

Why are Cuisinarts called that?

Are they connoisseurs of cuisine or something? :D
by Xfing
28 Jan 2017, 15:37
Topic: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 552
Views: 7639648

Re: GrayFace MM7 Patch v2.0 [Sep 21, 2015]

Thanks for addressing some of the bugs I mentioned!

Do you think you could comment on the other ones I posted? They're on Page 10 of this thread. Thanks and keep up the good work!
by Xfing
23 Sep 2016, 20:30
Topic: Level Cap in MM7
Views: 4660

Re: Level Cap in MM7

I heard that in MM7 there is no limit with the Nighon trainer.
by Xfing
23 Sep 2016, 20:29
Topic: Problems under Windows 8
Replies: 1
Views: 1183

Problems under Windows 8

I got a new machine a while ago, and it uses windows 8.1 with a Win 7 shell add-on. MM 7 and 8 do start with GrayFace's patch, but only after setting their compatibility mode to windows 7. The problem is, even though CapsLockToggleMouseLook is set to 1 in the ini files, I can't switch between the mo...
by Xfing
04 Sep 2016, 20:52
Topic: Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8
Replies: 1
Views: 1999

Enchanting low quality equipment in MM7-8

Do lower quality items become enchantable once you increase your skill in Water Magic, or is it a permanent problem? It would be fun to enchant low quality items, especially since you do see such items every once in a while in treasure hoards (Leather Armor of the Gods, anyone?). They have to come f...
by Xfing
04 Sep 2016, 06:33
Topic: Max level training hall (MM8)
Replies: 12
Views: 11333

Re: Max level training hall (MM8)

It would be cool if someone patched Balthazar Lair to be unlimited or say, 500. Shadowspire could stay at 200.

If you think about it, 200 is still way short of truly, fully optimizing your char.

Go to advanced search