Search found 60 matches

by Bersaglio
20 Jan 2012, 10:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Patching Heroes 4
Replies: 5
Views: 2342

GreatEmerald wrote:Except that the expansion packs already include all the patches. Otherwise they would simply fail to install.
Likely You are right. I found only one small noncritical difference between Full and simple H4->H4: TGS->H4: WoW (US) installations. UK installations are fully identical. :)
by Bersaglio
20 Jan 2012, 08:55
Topic: Patching Heroes 4
Views: 2342

To make sure the game and its content is fully patched the proper installation order should be like this: 1. HoMM 4 US v1.0 (main game). 2. HoMM 4 US v1.2 patch (optional because there is a cumulative v1.3 patch but recommended). 3. HoMM 4 US v1.3 patch. 4. HoMM 4 US v2.0 patch. 5. HoMM 4 US v2.2 pa...
by Bersaglio
17 Jan 2012, 08:23
Topic: Are there any patches for Homm 4 complete? (solved)
Replies: 10
Views: 6831

If as you say HoMM 4 Complete is the official version then please post link to HoMM 4 Complete readme file from the DVD. I want to see what is written in this readme. Example: here is the official readme file for Heroes of Might and Magic III Complete (Version 4.0) released September 8, 2000 by New ...
by Bersaglio
14 Jan 2012, 22:13
Topic: Are there any patches for Homm 4 complete? (solved)
Replies: 10
Views: 6831

There is no HoMM 4 Complete officially exists. New World Computing/3DO never released them (never ever). Moreover NWC/3DO never released ever a single game on the DVD.
So HoMM 4 Complete is a 100% unofficial and homemade version. No way there can be patches for such version.
by Bersaglio
14 Jan 2012, 21:51
Topic: HoMM 3 complete - GOG
Replies: 2
Views: 2764

I have original NWC/3DO released version of HoMM 3: Complete (2CD), total size ~1.13Gb (1155Mb). And my version have copy protection also (Safedisc v1.50.020). ;)
by Bersaglio
06 Dec 2011, 07:58
Topic: Back to heroes III, suggestions?
Replies: 12
Views: 7778

Warmonger wrote:HC
HC = Heroes Chronicles?
by Bersaglio
02 Dec 2011, 11:38
Topic: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery
Replies: 58
Views: 77244

There is a v1.1 official release of Heroes II TSW. Its main difference from the first release is it contains a demo version for 3DO's game cheating app. Are you sure that this is not a Soldout 2001 version? Where can I find a detailed breakdown of the map problems? (1) H3: RoE + 1.1 + 1.2 + 1.3 + 1...
by Bersaglio
02 Dec 2011, 09:03

New World Computing commercial CD releases complete list

Heroes Community posted by Evaline A long time and with varying success I am trying to assemble a collection of HoMM game series from New World Computing. Only original commercial PC releases of NWC games in English (or Multilanguage versions with English) are welcome. I am not interested in non-NWC...
by Bersaglio
21 Jul 2011, 18:34
Topic: creature dwellings or economy buildings on week 1?
Replies: 35
Views: 13271

Banedon wrote: Rampart: ... + Centaur Warchiefs
No such creatures exist in the game. Only Centaur Captains. Try to play the game first.
by Bersaglio
19 Jul 2011, 06:10
Topic: Which is your favourite Lvl 8 creature (WoG only)
Views: 3457

WoG and other crappy third party modifications have no relation to the original game and should not be discussed here. It can be discussed only in this forum.
by Bersaglio
12 Jul 2011, 10:25
Topic: Heroes Chronicles added on Good Old Games.com!
Replies: 40
Views: 19026

There is another problem associated with the use of cracks. Cracks may not work as intended by developers. Moreover, the probability of this is much more than you think. May simply not work (cracks for Heroes Chronicles: The Final Chapters done by DEViANCE release group for example). Can be partiall...
by Bersaglio
08 Jul 2011, 19:24
Topic: Start HMM1 on old hardware
Replies: 7
Views: 2344

I'm running Windows version... case with Windows is preferred. There is no need to using old hardware. You may run HoMM1 for Windows on modern hardware with x86 operating system (Windows XP or later) with only one problem - b/w cursor in Windows version... You may run DOS version on any operating s...
by Bersaglio
08 Jul 2011, 09:15
Topic: Start HMM1 on old hardware
Replies: 7
Views: 2344

green
Try HoMM1 for DOS. It should work fine
by Bersaglio
07 Jul 2011, 11:02

Is it the same scan as seen on Replacement Docs here? http://www.replacementdocs.com/download.php?view.6825 Sorry but I don't have one from replacementdocs.com It seems that this project is dead now, if You have the manual from replacementdocs please upload it somewhere and I will compare. That's v...
by Bersaglio
05 Jul 2011, 17:58

Just downloaded GoG version and thoroughly checked it. Hmm. Only facts : The manual comes from Clash of the Dragons and in very poor quality. Soundtrack is identical to MP3 folder in the game folder. The main self-extracting archive called 'setup_heroes_chronicles.exe' utilizes Inno Setup Version 5....
by Bersaglio
29 Jun 2011, 07:20

The GAME ITSELF is a perfectly legal distribution of it and did not use "3rd party no-cd executables". Gog actually has permission to remove DRM from the game they distribute. In this particular case, that permission was given by Ubisoft, current holder of publishing rights for all Might ...
by Bersaglio
28 Jun 2011, 15:06

The main goal of Heroes Chronicles series of games has been the narrative history of the world of HoMM3, the addition of the connecting elements with subsequent games of the series and the creation of a bridge to HoMM4. For these reasons they are worth the money. I don't like the idea of electronic ...
by Bersaglio
20 Jun 2011, 20:03

Every version of H3: 2 files in HEROES3\DATA: HEROES3.SND and HEROES3.VID. (The HEROES3.SND on CD is different from the file with the same name in the game's install folder.) For Heroes Chronicles the following files from \Data folder on the CD are used: Warlords of the Wasteland (US): Hchron.vid H...
by Bersaglio
20 Jun 2011, 14:04
Topic: The infamous Heroes 3 armorer turret bug
Replies: 21
Views: 18320

kyrub
Any chance to patch icd file and leave exe untouched? Or is it not possible?
by Bersaglio
17 Jun 2011, 10:49

Copy Protection

Unverified: The original release of H3 Complete utilized SafeDisc v2 for copy protection, and was known to cause problems on some CD drives. Dispelling the myths about the copy protection. Heroes of Might and Magic III (original versions by NWC/3DO) Heroes of Might and Magic III: Armageddon's Blade...

Go to advanced search