Search found 316 matches

by Vlaad II
31 Jan 2008, 00:07
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: The Return of the King (new XXXL map)
Replies: 50
Views: 16542

Beautiful... just beautiful... Still I saw some stuff like a gem mine next to one of the human castles (the one that's up to Minas Tirith, forgot it's name), but nothing that a map editor can't fix :) Also I liked the "Ent's Hut" where 2 conscripts are needed to get like 25 Treants, I spe...
by Vlaad II
30 Jan 2008, 06:07
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Led Zeppelin
Replies: 93
Views: 17891

Now anyone can call me unoriginal for that, but my favorit Zepp song is Stairway to Heaven, and actually that is one of my all time favorits. My 15-year-old students were not impressed... We did a speaking exercise (listening to the song and discussing it in English afterwards), but it went really ...
by Vlaad II
29 Jan 2008, 18:20

Vlaad, I played it for a couple of hours last night. I like the concept, but the performance was really bad. I have a 2.8GHZ processor, 1GB RAM, and a fairly good graphics card (NVIDIA 7900 GTX). Even when I lowered the graphics settings, it was very slow. Also, the AI turns were very long, especia...
by Vlaad II
29 Jan 2008, 05:45
Topic: Comic book disscussions
Replies: 166
Views: 36124

I hope Elvin will forgive me for crossposting... :D If you're looking for something serious, here's a list of recent books for mature readers: Daniel Clowes: David Boring (Pantheon Books, 2000, 116 pages) Alison Bechdel: Fun Home - A Family Tragicomic (Houghton Mifflin Company, 2006, 232 pages) Jas...
by Vlaad II
29 Jan 2008, 00:00

Looks great, Vlaad. Can't wait to dig my claws into it. Thanks. :) The only thing that worries me is whether performance lags due to the large size of the map. Others have been wondering the same, so let us all know how it goes. I have 1.8 GHz and 900 MB of RAM and the map runs smoothly when I lowe...
by Vlaad II
28 Jan 2008, 22:25

The Return of the King (new XXXL map)

VERSION: Tribes of the East 3.0 AUTHOR: Vlaad, January 2008 TYPE: singleplayer / multiplayer SIZE: Impossible (320 x 320) with underground DESCRIPTION: Aragorn and his companions rode to the halls of Theoden, where Gandalf healed the aged king and rescued him from the spells of Wormtongue. They won...
by Vlaad II
27 Jan 2008, 06:11
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Troglodyte Evolution
Replies: 16
Views: 10156

H4 Trog's corpse looks like a penis.
by Vlaad II
26 Jan 2008, 07:13
Topic: Comic book disscussions
Replies: 166
Views: 36124

Yeah, Sinestro Corps was amazing... as long as there are no Pink Lanterns :D (as Gardner put it). I'll miss the Reis's artwork, but the epilogue seems promising too. As for the Mephisto and the whole Spidey hoopla, it sucks so much I consider it fan art. :D What do you think about Simone's Wondy so ...
by Vlaad II
20 Jan 2008, 00:56
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: so who is still making XL maps?
Replies: 30
Views: 9723

A tip for those making XL maps for H5 - don't ever leave the passability check ON when you close the editor. LOL My computer never managed to open the scenario again (I had to open a small map first, turn off the passability check, then open my XL map).
by Vlaad II
17 Jan 2008, 00:14
Topic: Waiting for Campaigns feat. "The Lord Of The Rings"
Replies: 17
Views: 9047

Not a campaign but a simple map:

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.p ... genumber=2

All your suggestions are welcome. ;)
by Vlaad II
16 Jan 2008, 03:59
Topic: What makes a good map?
Replies: 51
Views: 12025

A good analysis, ByteBandit. Has Vel ever published his? It would be interesting to compare notes.

As for the language factor, the explanation is quite obvious - English is spoken all over the world, while Dutch, Serbian or Polish are not.
by Vlaad II
12 Jan 2008, 00:06
Topic: A simple Working Quest Hut
Replies: 21
Views: 9882

Thanks, but I had done all that before (to no avail). Anti-Victor at HC mentioned the same problem but solved it by setting the player # (under parameters, e.g. [0]Muscip, [1] PLAYER_3). I haven't tried that yet. By the way, when trying to set this quest hut, I began to realize there are A LOT of th...
by Vlaad II
09 Jan 2008, 01:51

Probably. That's where I would look for such a tutorial. :)
by Vlaad II
07 Jan 2008, 20:32

ByteBandit wrote:If this thread is for H5, then my bad. It will be included with the other texts when I release Asiatic Empires anyway. Sorry Vlaad.
Don't apologize LOL - I was just saying your tutorial would get more attention in a separate thread. :)
by Vlaad II
07 Jan 2008, 18:15

ByteBandit, I think this thread is about the H5 editor and its issues, not H4. Those who are interested might miss your excellent post since it's kind of misplaced here. Personally, I gave up H3 and H4 mapmaking, since the fan base imploded and I get little to no feedback. In addition, the two moddi...
by Vlaad II
03 Jan 2008, 17:45

King Imp wrote:I'm currently in the process of making an Impossible map in TotE. I just hope when it's all done, the size isn't so great that it won't play properly.
I've finished half of my Impossible map and it plays smoothly. :D
by Vlaad II
31 Dec 2007, 19:45

I've already tried: Naadir, Muscip, "Muscip" and MUSCIP, but to no avail.
by Vlaad II
31 Dec 2007, 01:17
Topic: H5 - Editing Hero Portraits/Biographies
Replies: 9
Views: 12216

I guess not...? :)
by Vlaad II
31 Dec 2007, 01:16

Dimension Door and Town Portal were game breakers in Heroes 3. Besides, there's Summon Creature, right...?

Back on topic, I must admit the performance of the editor has improved with Tribes (or perhaps it's my new computer B-) ).
by Vlaad II
31 Dec 2007, 01:09

If I chose "defeat hero" under the "kind" of quest, what would I have to put under "parameters"?

Go to advanced search