Search found 163 matches

by Taro
Jan 14 2016, 13:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Collaborative H4 campaign
Replies: 98
Views: 18856

Re: Collaborative H4 campaign

Axeoth and Christian are not vital to me so if we create new hero in another world it's fine. For example, we have a young lord called Leoward Pegason. He's not good or evil, something between and his actions are about to give him glory. He's not dangerous to innocent but on the other hand he doesn'...
by Taro
Jan 12 2016, 19:41

If there are better heroes for the purpose of campaign then you should name them.
by Taro
Jan 9 2016, 21:19

Heroes 3 AB, Foolhardy Waywardness campaign. It's locked until you finish another five campaigns.
by Taro
Jan 9 2016, 10:00

So, we have four mapmakers, am I right? Maybe it's time for some story or concept? As for me Christian the knight would be a good choice. He was pretty famous in the old world and it would be interesting to know his new adventures in Axeoth. Let's say in the first scenario he needs to defeat some sl...
by Taro
Jan 7 2016, 15:55
Topic: H4 window mode 1280x1024
Replies: 6
Views: 2483

Re: H4 window mode 1280x1024

Can anyone show us a screenshot with 1280x1024 in a window mode?
by Taro
Jan 3 2016, 19:08

As for me: 1) Single resources boost. If we give the AI so many resources every week there is no point for it to take the mines. 2) Speed boost on advanced, speed and defense on expert, speed, defense and attack on champion. For starting heroes only. This would be "hard to see solution" bu...
by Taro
Jan 2 2016, 7:50

Tawni and Wearjack can have SOOOO much attack that they don't need spells to win. They can have also stealth skill and with this they can avoid difficult battles. Now, about PoIs. You sound like a guy who played mostly single scenarios. Because when you play single PoIs are rather bad strategy, that...
by Taro
Dec 31 2015, 17:54

Original h4 campaigns are pathetic even on champion. Only in first scenarios you need an army, but after level 10 you need only PoI, after 20 you don't need them at all. I don't want to create another campaign where the best strategy is a single fighter. By classic campaign I mean a campaign where t...
by Taro
Dec 30 2015, 20:30

Allright, so how can we create an army oriented campaign if we choose high level caps and allow combat skills? Level 10 - 15 hero is strong enough to beat neutrals even o champion. Without a lot of power ups.
by Taro
Dec 29 2015, 18:25

If we give five skills to starting hero we will be sure that player will not choose combat skills (because slots are taken). And I insist on low level caps. If they will be high and combat skills will be allowed, then we will make another campaign with god like hero. And I want totally opposite effe...
by Taro
Dec 27 2015, 14:05

I was sceptical about such thing but it would be interesting experiment, so.... who knows. But there are more problems. Should this campaign be easy or hard? Hero oriented or creatures oriented? Heavy scripted or not? I think in h4 there is a lack of classic campaigns like in h1, h2 or h3 where you ...
by Taro
Dec 2 2015, 16:06
Topic: Random Map Chooser
Replies: 4
Views: 1886

Re: Random Map Chooser

H4 utility can create random maps, but they are ugly as hell.
by Taro
Dec 1 2015, 6:46
Topic: H4 earning achievements
Replies: 8
Views: 2743

Re: H4 earning achievements

I don't know. Fun achievments are impossible to implement. And I play sometimes like Great Emerald - no immortality and healing potions, no combat skills, ogre magi instead of cyclopses, etc. I think your own restrictions are the best way to have fun and satisfaction. In Oblivion I played barbarian ...
by Taro
Nov 15 2015, 14:39
Topic: Playing/streaming the Enroth series. What order?
Replies: 4
Views: 1890

Re: Playing/streaming the Enroth series. What order?

Indeed, scenarios from HC are pathetic even on impossible because you have overpowered hero while AI doesn't. I was playing Warlords of the Wasteland several months ago, so maybe I'll watch how you made it.
by Taro
Oct 31 2015, 13:16
Topic: Megom Chronicles Project
Replies: 189
Views: 52311

Re: Megom Chronicles Project

I'd like to read how you break Astral Romance (another Duzeom's campaign).
by Taro
Oct 14 2015, 13:25
Topic: HoMM2 campaign progression
Replies: 9
Views: 4148

Re: HoMM2 campaign progression

1) Yes, there are different scenarios. 2) They are all unique. And after some you get a bonus to the rest of campaign. It's important to finish some maps to get very powerful bonuses. If you finish a 'bad one' then you can have troubles later. 3) They also have different paths to take. You have two ...
by Taro
Oct 1 2015, 20:54
Topic: H2-3: Lord Haart
Replies: 5
Views: 2189

Re: H2-3: Lord Haart

He poisoned king Gryphinheart, then was killed by his undead form and AFTER that the necromancers ressurected him. Who and why we don't know. Nothing to talk about Enroth storyline.
by Taro
Sep 13 2015, 18:55
Topic: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature
Replies: 170
Views: 51138

Re: HoMM III: Best level 3 creature

In latest version (4.0) there are some changes. Archangels cost is 3 gems, some fortress creatures are stronger, and cerberi have damage of 2-7. So yes it was fixed. If we talk about brute force then ice elementals are strongest. But I like dragon flies because of their speed and tactic ability. I'm...
by Taro
Sep 8 2015, 13:13
Topic: Homm IV might campaign
Replies: 2
Views: 1090

Re: Homm IV might campaign

Well, I checked this campaign in map editor. There is no standard victory condition, it is in continous events - and they are bugged sometimes. I advice you to restart PC, load game and try to destroy some neutral stack, it should remind a game that both players are defeated.

Go to advanced search