Search found 84 matches

by Quantomas
28 May 2016, 15:22
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 113
Views: 94659

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Since my last post I hardly got to work on the AI because too many other things demand my time. The situation is far from ideal. It's a pity though because there is not much missing. But you can bet that I won't give up on the opportunity to have a Heroes game demonstrate what a proper AI can do for...
by Quantomas
17 Apr 2016, 18:15

Mostly all parts of the AI have now been written. The next step is to review and adapt all AI routines to the changes in this development cycle. Essentially the AI makes an initial guess of the strategic and tactical situation to arrive at a suitable behaviour. Then it can drill down to analyse any ...
by Quantomas
28 Feb 2016, 15:16

I wished I had a bit of funding. So many small obstacles and detours that all add up and eat my time. Not much work left though.
by Quantomas
30 Jan 2016, 22:35

Thank you. Well said. HoMM is a strategy game foremost. I get the impression that this focus on story and roleplaying and other stuff is mostly a reaction to hide the deficiency and their failure in developing AI. Vice versa, if we have a fully fledged AI (soon!) we can create unheard challenges for...
by Quantomas
05 Jan 2016, 20:16

@Groovy Cheers, good to see that you have the stamina and will to keep going. It's astounding how much time some tasks can consume. As the years pass you realize time is relative and doing your own thing helps you growing. The reason that I posted here is that H7 is in a way the current state of the...
by Quantomas
01 Jan 2016, 20:30

H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Happy new year to the fans of our beloved Heroes strategy games! A lot has been said and it is time that we *do* something. If we wish, we can create a greater more advanced game, a hub like DotA only for TBS, including: * A spectator mode for arena based multiplayer and an elimination tournament mo...
by Quantomas
08 Feb 2012, 20:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New unofical AI patche for h5
Replies: 71
Views: 72946

That's a known issue listed at our site. Resolutions that are not 4:3 and not widescreen, but rather highscreen. Workaround: set the in-game resolution to 4:3.
by Quantomas
29 Jan 2012, 00:26

I am also using Win7. My first guess would be that the 3D model for this tower is somehow not loaded into the video memory. Typically bugs of this type are too complex to analyze these in detail (graphics hardware, drivers, operating system). But a simple test with another graphics card could help t...
by Quantomas
26 Jan 2012, 18:13
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 309574

This is only a brief reply in order to avoid hijacking this thread. I also play in 1920x1080 resolution natively, quite a good number of maps for fun and testing, and had both a Nvidia and ATI card, but never encountered those two bugs. So, I only can assume it is setup or installation related. If y...
by Quantomas
23 Jan 2012, 16:57
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes V Legends of the Ancients
Replies: 317
Views: 309574

Re: Chinese New Year is Coming Up

Chinese New Year will kick start tomorrow, and this guy here is ready to install the last two parts of the Legends of the Ancients saga in 24 hours from now, as promised by Corlagon. I'm planning to try out the full campaign with Wizard Q's magnificent H5 AI boost mod. Let's hope that using the afo...
by Quantomas
15 Oct 2011, 13:02

3.1i is out. Enjoy the incredible Power of Dragons and an array of substantial improvements. The Heroes V experience is different now.

---

Current stable build:
3.1i public release (10.5 MB)

Project website:
Heroes 5.5 - Eternal Essence
by Quantomas
13 Jul 2011, 07:09

What can you possibly do wrong copying two files into the /bin directory?

Maybe someone can help you in our bugs thread: Bugs and known issues

If all things fail, I recommend a clean reinstall, no mods. It might also be a good idea to do a virus check on your PC, check drivers and so on.
by Quantomas
11 Jul 2011, 17:25

These options are on the next screen, once you have selected "Create".

However, you need to run the H5_AIadv_31g.exe instead of the vanilla. The version on the start screen should confirm this.
by Quantomas
08 Jul 2011, 17:08

Hi Quantomas, the project website gives some very interesting reading about AI conceptions. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I have not played Homm V yet (being warned off by poor AI reports). Seeing your plans, I really should. Also: Of course I have full access to the AI source code because I de...
by Quantomas
08 Jul 2011, 17:07

Otherwise I like how the improved AI moves - you can see it esp. good on the battle field, where it ignores the summoned troops to attack your original ones, even though this ignore sometimes just does not make sense. There you have picked a thing with which I am not satisfied. :disagree: BTW, have...
by Quantomas
01 Jul 2011, 16:12

Also - can you make a "mod" in which the externals to accumulate guardians? :D What do you mean by "accumulate guardians"? Technically, we can do all kinds of things. What we actually are doing is to improve Heroes V in its current form until we have a proper 3.2 patch (unoffici...
by Quantomas
28 Jun 2011, 13:29

Seems too buggy at this stage. Apologies to all who were using 3.1e. There was indeed a weird critical bug introduced in 3.1e that corrupted maps being loaded. 3.1f fixes this. This reminds me that we should go back to the time-honored practice of testing new builds first in a beta release for two ...
by Quantomas
26 Jun 2011, 11:51

Cheers for the friendly words. :) It is always good to see that this mountain of work, that it really is, is appreciated. I played the ToE campaign with the AI patch on hard. It is like Ya5MieL said, the balance is a bit different and it plays out differently. But I removed the AI cheats Nival put i...
by Quantomas
11 Jun 2011, 16:24

Does this mod just beef up AI and smooth out gameplay time... or does it change gameplay (other than what the above post showed in increase in options)? I don't mind having 8 skills instead of just 6, or having heroes pop up in critter battles... but does the mod make other changes such as balance ...
by Quantomas
10 Jun 2011, 11:08

Re: some comments

Having downloaded and played this for several hours, I must commend the makers for a good quality product. I've always believed that my true standard as a player was Average or Normal, except I can play Heroic because of the stupidity of Heroes V AI. Now I see that on Hard, it is really Hard! What'...

Go to advanced search