Search found 56 matches

by Quantomas
Jan 14 2017, 15:22
Forum: News
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 12705

Re: Marzhin Moving On

Thank you for your answer. One day you might realise that you are now the most senior Might & Magic creative talent Ubisoft has, if the management indeed recognizes Erwan's effort as a failure. He is possibly still credited the 2 million sales of Heroes V and the reasonable sales of H6, but ulti...
by Quantomas
Dec 22 2016, 20:02
Forum: News
Topic: Marzhin Moving On
Replies: 45
Views: 12705

Re: Marzhin Moving On

I assume you mean mock-ups of the landscape. May I ask what tools you use for this? On a different note, it is such a pity that your Lota 2 was not completed, because your first part was such an outstanding achievement. As I understand it, the team working on Lota 2 had already most of the work on t...
by Quantomas
Dec 22 2016, 19:25
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: H7 vs taking things into our own hands
Replies: 108
Views: 41462

Re: H7 vs taking things into our own hands

I wish happy holidays to all of the Christian faith. To all go my best wishes for a peaceful and inspirational period leading up to the new year. I wish I could thank all who have contributed to this project in one way or another by presenting finally the 3.2 release. Alas, as much as I tried, it wa...
by Quantomas
Oct 12 2016, 19:42

Cheers guys. :) Indeed, innovation is helped by courage and vision. Detractors and ignorants are everywhere. Yesterday I watched the CitizenCon 2016 presentation ( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XuDj5v81Nd0 ). It does not look grand, but it is great stuff, honestly. Most of you have seen the forums...
by Quantomas
Sep 20 2016, 14:52

TESLA MINDS LTD is already set up legally. The main issue why the development is slow is that I only get a couple hours to work on the code each day, which is primarily a financial issue. There isn't that much left to do, at least compared to the entire task, but things have to change if we really w...
by Quantomas
Sep 18 2016, 14:54

Sorry for the late reply, but the CH notification robot failed me somehow. Nice to hear that you like the H5 gameplay. I always found it cool, all it lacks is a competent AI. But that is being worked upon. :wall: Hopefully we can all play it in the near future. In general things are looking good and...
by Quantomas
Jul 3 2016, 11:12

Actually, I stopped playing GalCiv because of the AI. Have you ever examined the planets of your opponents after you take them over? This AI couldn't even get the basics right and the conclusion is simply the only way that the opponents appear to be powerful are massive cheats. Ubisoft and Limbic ar...
by Quantomas
Jul 2 2016, 13:44

If there was another, less talented, less experienced and less ethical programmer, who just wanted to fix H4 AI and ready to type all his code by himself with no help from assistants and junior programmers - what would you tell him? Start with a more simple project. Try to get a grip on the AI in t...
by Quantomas
Jul 1 2016, 20:37

To clarify a couple of things: I studied computer science quite some time ago and used that knowledge to work on highly advanced tech. I worked for large and small companies and had the good fortune to pick up a good deal of organizational and management skills as well. Today I could work fulltime o...
by Quantomas
Jul 1 2016, 18:41

:no: Not so. IMHO a remaster of H4 would need to address more than one issue: the AI of course, the battlefield, and somehow a smart solution will be required to rework the heroes' presence on the battlefield. Do you think I only could do that if I were hired? Mostly it requires access to the source...
by Quantomas
Jun 30 2016, 12:16

I honestly believe that Heroes of the Ancient Order can revive the community big time. We can revive the popularity of Heroes V and build a much more advanced game, with a lightning fast and competent AI to start with. CH may blossom again and we might make it a popular destination once more. My adv...
by Quantomas
May 28 2016, 15:22

Since my last post I hardly got to work on the AI because too many other things demand my time. The situation is far from ideal. It's a pity though because there is not much missing. But you can bet that I won't give up on the opportunity to have a Heroes game demonstrate what a proper AI can do for...
by Quantomas
Apr 17 2016, 18:15

Mostly all parts of the AI have now been written. The next step is to review and adapt all AI routines to the changes in this development cycle. Essentially the AI makes an initial guess of the strategic and tactical situation to arrive at a suitable behaviour. Then it can drill down to analyse any ...
by Quantomas
Feb 28 2016, 15:16

I wished I had a bit of funding. So many small obstacles and detours that all add up and eat my time. Not much work left though.
by Quantomas
Jan 30 2016, 22:35

Thank you. Well said. HoMM is a strategy game foremost. I get the impression that this focus on story and roleplaying and other stuff is mostly a reaction to hide the deficiency and their failure in developing AI. Vice versa, if we have a fully fledged AI (soon!) we can create unheard challenges for...
by Quantomas
Jan 5 2016, 20:16

@Groovy Cheers, good to see that you have the stamina and will to keep going. It's astounding how much time some tasks can consume. As the years pass you realize time is relative and doing your own thing helps you growing. The reason that I posted here is that H7 is in a way the current state of the...
by Quantomas
Jan 1 2016, 20:30

H7 vs taking things into our own hands

Happy new year to the fans of our beloved Heroes strategy games! A lot has been said and it is time that we *do* something. If we wish, we can create a greater more advanced game, a hub like DotA only for TBS, including: * A spectator mode for arena based multiplayer and an elimination tournament mo...
by Quantomas
Feb 8 2012, 20:42
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New unofical AI patche for h5
Replies: 71
Views: 59787

That's a known issue listed at our site. Resolutions that are not 4:3 and not widescreen, but rather highscreen. Workaround: set the in-game resolution to 4:3.
by Quantomas
Jan 29 2012, 0:26
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: New unofical AI patche for h5
Replies: 71
Views: 59787

I am also using Win7. My first guess would be that the 3D model for this tower is somehow not loaded into the video memory. Typically bugs of this type are too complex to analyze these in detail (graphics hardware, drivers, operating system). But a simple test with another graphics card could help t...

Go to advanced search