Search found 70 matches

by Super Goober
Feb 27 2014, 17:16
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Announcing Project Ironfist, new HoMM II mod
Replies: 93
Views: 76006

I made this back when I first saw the Succession Wars mod for HOMM3. Does this fit well with HOMM2? It has no animations yet.

by Super Goober
Feb 23 2014, 1:29
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Brrapp Games: Might and Magic successor game confirmed
Replies: 6
Views: 3471

Brrapp Games: Might and Magic successor game confirmed

This is Ryan Smith, Sound Designer @ Brrapp Games. If you read the last thread I posted, you'll know what we were considering a spiritual successor to the Might and Magic series, Mandate of Heaven in particular. Well guess what... It's coming. Tim Lang, founder of Brrapp Games has confirmed today th...
by Super Goober
Feb 19 2014, 13:08
Topic: Brrapp Games is considering a "spiritual successor"
Views: 3607

Brrapp Games is considering a "spiritual successor"

Hey everyone, This is Ryan Smith, sound designer @ Brrapp Games. I have something to announce that any Might and Magic fan may want to hear: Tim Lang, as we all know was a level designer and a big part of Might and Magic 6, 7, and 9. He currently heads a game development studio called Brrapp Games. ...
by Super Goober
Jan 3 2014, 20:38
Topic: Tim Lang interview
Replies: 2
Views: 1732

Tim Lang interview

I saw two other people post threads on NWC/3DO people being interviewed and I figured I'd add this to the list. :) This interview comes in three parts. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nssrt8qpiaM - Part 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BjA1PLvkp8M&feature=youtu.be#! - Part 2 http://www.youtube.co...
by Super Goober
Jul 2 2012, 16:26
Topic: Might and Magic X fan interaction Skype Chat
Replies: 0
Views: 777

Might and Magic X fan interaction Skype Chat

Come join the developers in our very own fan interaction stream.

Add Puzzler0625 on Skype (I have his permission to post it) and he'll add you to the call. :)

Here's the link to the livestream:

http://www.livestream.com/MM10

We're also doing one tomorrow.
by Super Goober
Dec 1 2011, 20:53
Topic: M&MX: December 2011
Replies: 25
Views: 5129

Once we finish with the spell table and make all the changes we both can agree on, I'll continue working on the player dialogue scripts. :)
by Super Goober
Oct 3 2011, 14:29
Topic: Might & Magic X: Character Races?
Replies: 72
Views: 16779

Problem with extremely exotic races IMO from role playing point of view would be why none gives a damn that your team have some sort of "insert monster here" creature with you. As long as team consist of races that inhibit land it's ok. But unless there is large populations of anubis guar...
by Super Goober
May 28 2011, 11:57
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: HOMM3: The Succession Wars Mod has been released
Replies: 1
Views: 2964

HOMM3: The Succession Wars Mod has been released

mister_kalu of Heroes Community has just released the mod that he was working on. The total conversion mod is available for download here: http://www.4shared.com/folder/QrFaLyji/_online.html Unfortunately, he said that he was unable to continue with the project, due to IRL responsibilities. However,...
by Super Goober
May 21 2011, 18:07
Topic: My favorite bug, gone. :(
Replies: 10
Views: 2438

There was also that bug where if you purchased all the skills a character can use at say, Blades' End, you can keep clicking on the text, and you can learn all the otherwise unavailable skills. Sorcerer + Dual sword = win.
by Super Goober
May 21 2011, 18:02
Topic: HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)
Views: 5492

Qurqirish Dragon wrote:Question: do the warlock dragons have 2 upgrades? WoG-wise, a triple upgrade can be done, but I am curious how this project does it.

If WOG can support 3 golem upgrades, then it certainly can support two dragon upgrades.
by Super Goober
May 21 2011, 17:56
Topic: My first custom MM6 portrait :)
Replies: 4
Views: 1641

If I knew how to use a custom avatar, I would have already done so. :P

EDIT: You learn something new every day.
by Super Goober
May 21 2011, 17:19
Topic: My first custom MM6 portrait :)
Replies: 4
Views: 1641

My first custom MM6 portrait :)

First off, if you don't like bunnies, then there's something wrong with you >: O. But seriously, this is my first MM6 portrait (I made one for Pokemon before, but that was more of a showoff to a few friends). http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2011/141/8/3/might_and_magic_vi_portrait_by_malfunit-d3gu...
by Super Goober
Apr 18 2011, 0:19
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: My first HOMM2 Sprite :)
Views: 2582

My first HOMM2 Sprite :)

I'm aware that I may or may not have posted in the right forum. If I didn't, feel free to move it. I've been working on my first HOMM2 creature sprite. The Necromancer isn't as powerful as the Lich, but provide valuable ranged support, nonetheless. They are intended to have a 20% chance of casting D...
by Super Goober
Apr 12 2011, 19:18
Topic: HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)
Views: 5492

HOMM2 fans will be very happy with this :)

Someone on Youtube started a project to put HOMM2 into HOMM3. That project has made unbelievable progress. Watch this video. Maybe if enough people support his project, he might release it soon. Right now, he hasn't posted a link yet, but the mod is compatible with WOG, but he says that all the WOG ...
by Super Goober
Feb 9 2011, 23:09
Topic: Might and Magic 6: Improving the Knight, Paladin, and Archer
Replies: 23
Views: 13805

Here's an idea, though I don't know if it can be done without some programming: Instead of making the staffs a melee-only weapon, why not allow the wielder to shoot magical projectiles from it? That way, the mage-like classes wouldn't have to use a bow. It would make sense, since the sorcerers from ...
by Super Goober
Dec 2 2010, 14:00
Topic: HOMM2 project on Sourceforge you might want to check out :)
Replies: 9
Views: 4023

Here's what I can gather and guess about the file formats in HOMM2: .AGG: The archive that's used to store all the HOMM2 files. .82M: This is used for the game's sounds. You can open them in Audacity if you click "Import Raw." In the dialogue box, change the Hz from whatever it is now to w...
by Super Goober
Nov 30 2010, 16:27
Topic: HOMM2 project on Sourceforge you might want to check out :)
Replies: 9
Views: 4023

HOMM2 project on Sourceforge you might want to check out :)

It's called fHeroes2 and it's basically a reimplementation of the Heroes 2 engine. It's like the VCMI project for Heroes 3. The project is active (2 releases in the last 2 days) and is going strong. You need to have the original data files from the CD in order to play it. Here are some of the things...
by Super Goober
Nov 20 2010, 18:49
Topic: Anyone know how to stop Rogues from playing Gremlin sounds?
Views: 1532

Anyone know how to stop Rogues from playing Gremlin sounds?

I've checked every file I can think of in HOMM3's lod and snd files. I'm trying to figure out a way to assign the original Rogue sounds (e.g. ROGUATTK), to the Rogues.

So far, I've had no luck and I'm stuck on what to do next. I'd really appreciate some help with this.
by Super Goober
Nov 14 2010, 5:11
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Official VCMI project thread
Replies: 98
Views: 57224

It can easily be introduced as new feature with a simple WoG script, on a random value triggered by negative luck. The original misfortune animation can be used with BM#:V48 and its sound could be triggered, but not sure they can be synchronized. The hardest part remains to display a negative luck ...
by Super Goober
Nov 13 2010, 21:26
Topic: Wishes ideas and proposals for the next version
Replies: 152
Views: 74244

There are a couple of things I want to suggest: 1: Bad luck - No body cares about bad luck because it doesn't happen to begin with. Having bad luck actually occur in the game would make Misfortune a lot more fun to use. I can imagine the Misfortune spell graphic appearing when bad luck occurs, but m...

Go to advanced search