Search found 77 matches

by TheAnyKey
22 Oct 2014, 06:59
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong
Replies: 29
Views: 16701

Well, it did make the game not that fun after. I mainly do that when I'm not in the mood to keep playing for too long, or when I'm testing a class, trying to get used to it. Hm...I just had this urgent feeling to play the game again. Oh, NO! :shh: I sometimes even play parties without a Cleric, jus...
by TheAnyKey
20 Oct 2014, 11:46
Topic: mm7 get off dagger wound island rich and strong
Replies: 29
Views: 16701

You can also abuse the Paladin promotion quest. Just take Quixote from Erathia with you and as long as you don't kill Wromthrax there will always appear 1-3 dragons of a random color upon resting in Wromthrax's cave. If you rest right next to the entrance of the cave, in that little niche, you'll be...
by TheAnyKey
20 Oct 2014, 06:26
Topic: MM9: Dungeon of Secrets is impossible
Replies: 2
Views: 2568

It's annoying to get the last room done, but most of it is like other rooms. Make sure you have quicksave/quickload ready. Make sure you hit the jump from the correct angle. It's a fairly similar puzzle to get the cheese from the dungeon in Ravage Roaming in MM8. Load/retry as necessary. This takes...
by TheAnyKey
19 Oct 2014, 11:25
Topic: MM9: Dungeon of Secrets is impossible
Views: 2568

MM9: Dungeon of Secrets is impossible

I am stuck in the last room. No matter how I jump and walk we always take damage or trigger a trap. Also jumping gets us often stuck on the ceiling. No kidding, I must have tried to get through that single room at least 200 times. It is so frustrating. I'm already thinking about making my second Cru...
by TheAnyKey
12 Oct 2014, 09:25
Topic: MM9 Install-Wizard won't start (Win 7 64-Bit)
Replies: 3
Views: 2363

I was able to install it. I had to shut off "setpoint" from my logitech peripherals.

Now MM9 won't start though. I just get a black screen and a couple seconds later I find myself back on the desktop, with the error message: "MMIX has stopped working".
by TheAnyKey
12 Oct 2014, 03:54

Arret wrote:Never had a problem with the installer on Win 7 64 bit. The problem is the load screen gets stuck unless you use one of the fixes.

Also it's MM9, you really aren't missing out on anything.
I kind of like MM9. What fixes are you referring to?
by TheAnyKey
11 Oct 2014, 22:01

MM9 Install-Wizard won't start (Win 7 64-Bit)

I have Win 7 Pro 64-Bit. After clicking setup.exe nothing happens. The task manager shows though that "Setup.exe*32" is being executed. The menu never comes up though. Is the 64-Bit OS the problem? I have tried different settings in compatibility mode (XP SP 2/3, 95, 98/ME) I think I had M...
by TheAnyKey
05 Mar 2013, 13:19
Topic: MM7 GrayFace Patch: How to lower the music volume?
Views: 2166

Does anyone at least experience the same issue or is it just me? Thanks.
by TheAnyKey
28 Feb 2013, 10:55
Topic: MM7 on Win 7 64: Does not start in Hardware mode
Views: 3781

Flodarien wrote:Did you get Greyface's patch? It does not modify the game, but fixes some bugs. Maybe that would help
Yes I did and it works fine, thanks. But I can't change the music volume anymor. :)
by TheAnyKey
28 Feb 2013, 10:53
Topic: MM7 GrayFace Patch: How to lower the music volume?
Views: 2166

MM7 GrayFace Patch: How to lower the music volume?

Hi,

I can't reduce the music volume in the MM7 menu anymore. The sound and voice volume can be changed but not the music. So, how can I lower the music volume?

Thanks.
by TheAnyKey
26 Feb 2013, 07:48
Topic: MM7 on Win 7 64: Does not start in Hardware mode
Views: 3781

MM7 on Win 7 64: Does not start in Hardware mode

Hi, I just installed, I had two red "Failed" test warnings during installation, one was CPU and the other DirectX. When starting Hardware Accelerated I get this warning: ====================== This device supports D3D hardware acceleration. WARNING: Might and Magic® VII has detected that y...
by TheAnyKey
29 Oct 2011, 07:00
Topic: MM7 Level One Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 6234

Hi,

sounds interesting. I never did something similar in MM7 but I went through MM6 with a single level 1 knight(+3 corpses). It was quite challenging but lots of fun.

I'd love to hear how your journey will conclude, if you'll go through with it.
by TheAnyKey
28 Oct 2011, 16:41
Topic: GrayFace MM8 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 366
Views: 251496

I've noticed that "Increases light magic" rings/amulets give the proper bonuses(+1 for every even level) up to level 40 light magic(+20 bonus). After level 40 the bonuses decrease again. Had it at level 41(+19 bonus). Don't know if it is the same with the other magic skills, thus far I onl...
by TheAnyKey
09 Mar 2011, 21:25
Topic: MM6: What's the recovery cap with GrayFace's patch?
Replies: 9
Views: 6606

all around level 150, after 11 years Wow! I don't believe I've ever made it past level 60 with my main character in MM8. 11 years? Goodbye Enroth :P Lol, I thought the same thing. Enroth is in dire need to be saved from impending destruction and the chosen heroes take 11 years to fulfill their task...
by TheAnyKey
09 Mar 2011, 16:14
Topic: MM6: What's the recovery cap with GrayFace's patch?
Views: 6606

Re: MM6: What's the recovery cap with GrayFace's patch?

Yes, the limits are correct, but in MM6 'Increases recovery rate' enchantment takes the limits even further down. Note that ranged limit can be changed in ini, it's something like "BlasterRecovery". Will I be able to reach the maximum attack speed anyway, no matter which weapon(s) I use, ...
by TheAnyKey
08 Mar 2011, 12:13
Topic: MM6/7/8: What happens with leftover HPs from Shared Life?
Views: 1822

MM6/7/8: What happens with leftover HPs from Shared Life?

My MM6 party consists of 3 Knights and 1 Cleric. If the Cleric casts Shared Life he has his life bar full, most of the times. So I guess his share of HPs exceeds his HP maximum. What happens with the rest of the HPs, that do not fit in the life pool of lower HP characters? Are they split amongst the...
by TheAnyKey
07 Mar 2011, 09:08
Topic: MM6Where may I look up the reset times of maps and dungeons?
Views: 6298

Why did you assume I'm from Russia? Past and past participle forms of 'reset' are 'reset'. ;) Sure, as I said my English is rusty but still, why Russia? In most countries the native language is not English, not just in Russia. I could be from Sweden, India, Spain, Brazil or quite a lot of other pla...
by TheAnyKey
07 Mar 2011, 08:25

Re: MM6Where may I look up the reset times of maps and dunge

I'd like to know how long it takes in MM6 until the outdoor maps and dungeons get resetted , when the enemies and treasures come back. Probably you're from Russia. Try mm6rus then. No, I'm not from Russia and my Russian isn't particularly well either. I know my English is quite rusty as well but wh...
by TheAnyKey
07 Mar 2011, 06:46

MM6Where may I look up the reset times of maps and dungeons?

I'd like to know how long it takes in MM6 until the outdoor maps and dungeons get resetted, when the enemies and treasures come back.

Is there a list where I may look this up?
by TheAnyKey
06 Mar 2011, 14:39
Topic: MM6&7: How do Scholar/Teacher/Instructor NPCs work?
Views: 9193

MM6&7: How do Scholar/Teacher/Instructor NPCs work?

It says they add 5%/10%/15% to your experience gained but in MM7 the 5/10/15 is shown as bonus on your learning skill. So do they add points to the learning skill which then multiply with the higher ranks in learning so an instructor e.g. gives effectively a 30% experience bonus on expert, 45% bonus...

Go to advanced search