Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
Oct 8 2010, 21:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 88162

The Kreegans were already in Axeoth long before Gauldoth opened up the portal to the Fiery Realm. There is no source in Heroes IV that says otherwise and plenty that say so. Show us this "plenty" please. Something which actually says that the Kreegans arrived to Axeoth en masse from Enrot...
by Zenofex
Oct 7 2010, 12:09
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 wish list
Replies: 39
Views: 16191

DO NOTs : - Do not release the game before it's as bug-free as possible. The initial version of HoMM V was next to unplayable; - Do no make Sylvan-like factions with almost no weaknesses / too many advantages compared to the other, this is spoiling the multiplayer games by making one or more factio...
by Zenofex
Oct 6 2010, 21:35
Topic: The Nature and purpose of the Kreegans.
Replies: 46
Views: 7111

I think this thread should be locked and even deleted. It's like posting in an archaeological forum about the Egyptian pyramids that they are created by aliens for a fact because in some history textbook the author wrote a footnote stating that "some people think that the Egyptian pyramids are ...
by Zenofex
Oct 6 2010, 21:20
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 100452

Let's make a quick summary. We disagree on an imaginary situation. You are saying that magic can help the production, I'm saying that there is no reason to believe that this is so. There is no way either of us to completely prove his point because we are lacking information about Ashan and specifica...
by Zenofex
Oct 5 2010, 19:19

It's almost certain that Zydar is an Efreet (see below), I was just saying that certain sources aren't completely reliable.

by Zenofex
Oct 5 2010, 10:45

You just don't get it, do you? As long as you use the sheepish explanation that is magic, I can use another stupid explanation to prove you that your magic explanation can easily fail. Or you are trying to argue that there is "reasonable" and "unreasonable" magic now? Damn, your ...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 22:22

Devils are not a minuscule part of the Kreegans. The Enrothians call the Kreegans devils, because they look like mythical devils. This. Also: If you want me to believe that not all the creatures in the Inferno lineup are Kreegans, I am going to require some actual references. You have already been ...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 20:32

There are certain contradictions in the descriptions in question, one being that Zydar, who is an Efreet according to the manual, "shows more promise than any of his demonkin" when it comes to spell casting. It could be just a note for his allegiance to Inferno though, not a non-deliberate...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 20:10
Topic: New Creature Tier System
Replies: 26
Views: 7371

Let's wait and see. They said tha the creatures will co-operate with each other, so maybe each tier group will be synergically stronger when all the creatures from it are recruited and work "as a team" during the battle than if you mass produce one or two specific creatures. And maybe the ...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 20:02

Well if you're lying dead in a gutter who is gonna make more posts arguing against me here?! See, you can as easily argue that if the enemy came and destroyed the mine or blacksmith etc. you would no longer be able to use it... Same situation. Except that if it's only an enchantment you can probabl...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 13:13

So i take it you admit it's all your fault.... :devil: I don't, you are pushing it. And really, sabotage?! that's the best counter you can come up with?! Oh noes, they can bomb us... lets do nothing then I'm not countering anything, just continuing my point and in this case, you are not even answer...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 8:51

If we take into account the fact that every hero can learn magic and that there are like a zillion units that not only use magic but are a direct result of it it's only because you don't want to that magic isn't the same as mass produced bulldozer. And are you actually arguing that the biggest prob...
by Zenofex
Oct 4 2010, 7:37

Yeah, it cost more then miners but does more work faster... and that's why a wizard getting paid would just bring the price to the same point. Of course it should be pointed out that the miners you're talking about probably have a union etc... *********** Because that's the logical conclusion to yo...
by Zenofex
Oct 3 2010, 18:16

Well it depends really, because for example an archer will be weaker than a swordsman just because he can damage units from a distance, and a griffin is likely to be a bit weaker as well since it will be faster and probably act first as well. I don't think this will be the only difference, we've ha...
by Zenofex
Oct 3 2010, 16:12

It solves some problems (like tier 1-2 being nigh useless in late game) One of the few things that HoMM V managed to do right is to make the lower ties units usable in the late game, with some exceptions, so I don't think this is a valid point. Just a few examples: Sprites - very useful for blockin...
by Zenofex
Oct 3 2010, 9:39

You think a modern bulldozer is cheaper then some low class miners (which where even kids too)?! Why would I think that? And we can obviously have cheap plate armour in Ashan otherwise you wouldn't be able to recruit Paladins or even Crossbowmen (they have armour in h5) after a certain time because...
by Zenofex
Oct 2 2010, 21:36

I wasn't, what i was saying is that the presence of magic (which is wide spread enough to be used in every battle and to make pretty light when screaming GRIFFIN ETERNAL!) should have quite an effect on how fast stuff gets done You can't rely on the magic to explain everything. If it was that easy ...
by Zenofex
Oct 2 2010, 20:52

Demons and Pit Fiends almost certainly ARE Kreegans, as the heroes whose race is given as "Demon" in H3 and 4 are clearly Kreegans themselves (Calh, Nymus, Grok and so on)

Agreed, I forgot about this part.
by Zenofex
Oct 2 2010, 18:00

Well that's new. You see, this is the problem. Almost everything is new to you. And I'm not talking about this particular case. If you want to learn about the different inhabitants of the Inferno towns, play the games, read the lore carefully, then apply this "logic" that you so adore. Th...
by Zenofex
Oct 2 2010, 16:15

No it isn't. My whole argumentation is built around Heroes IV Death Campaign and Might and Magic IX. I'm quoting this just to make sure that you won't edit your post later and claim something else after you have finally finished the first 20% of the HoMM and M&M games which are relevant to the ...

Go to advanced search