Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
Nov 7 2010, 16:35
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 134847

And i don't mind Seraph, but why Celestial, Archangel sounds better... Because neither the Seraph, nor the Celestial appear to be Angels in the terms of Ashan's mythology. This is hinted in their description and Sir Charles mentioned that "they are something else". Semi-angels, non-angels...
by Zenofex
Nov 7 2010, 16:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Angels in the original Might and Magic universe
Replies: 57
Views: 13946

Yeah, I know about the heart attack part. The question is more about whether the devs of the previous games had released anything more specific about the potential cause of this heart attack before the original world went into oblivion.
by Zenofex
Nov 7 2010, 16:12
Topic: The Angels in the original Might and Magic universe
Replies: 57
Views: 13946

The Angels in the original Might and Magic universe

OK, I don't think I have seen any good reference stating for certain the actual origin of the angels in the JVC M&M universe and I have read a few speculations regarding their origin - none of which completely reliable. Some people here seem to know the answer, so... what are the angels? :)
by Zenofex
Nov 7 2010, 15:32
Topic: Igromir news
Replies: 74
Views: 22802

In defense of your fellow countrymen, I'd say that hardly even one half of the decisions about the game are their own. Ubisoft has the final say here, so they bear the greater part of the responsibility regarding whether the game is good or bad.
by Zenofex
Nov 5 2010, 10:10

It would be ideal but H5 was built with inherently flawed balance. Do you want to take down sylvan with dungeon week 7? Not gonna happen, very rare. Dwarves? Even worse. Beyond week 5 summoning/destructive/machines are relatively weak, come week 6, 7 and later on almost worthless. After week 5 the ...
by Zenofex
Nov 5 2010, 8:47

I am talking about long-term balancing between factions, spells, skills, etc. The obvious flaws are Necropolis and to lesser extent - Castle (Conflux is deadwood meant to replace Forge, not a faction), and some useless skills. The spells scaled pretty well which was never achieved in the next games....
by Zenofex
Nov 5 2010, 7:51

And it's no marginal scenario nor am I talking small maps. Most of the more balanced maps were large and week 4 was still the norm, underground or not. It's been tried, shorter duration maps gave an edge on warmachinists and magic heroes whereas on week 5+ maps the balance was shifting towards migh...
by Zenofex
Nov 4 2010, 21:14

Elvin, I hope you are not getting the impression that I am blaming you or something, I am fully aware what is the difference between a VIP community member and a dev/publisher employee. What I'm saying is that the information released so far is often vague and where it isn't, it does nothing to rein...
by Zenofex
Nov 4 2010, 20:24

Also I think people misunderstand the part about destructive spells. It's not like they won't be strong, they'll simply not be enough to destroy whole stacks in one cast. Take dungeon, it could either be slaughtered in the first 1-2 rounds or nuke the hell out of the opponent in the same time, the ...
by Zenofex
Oct 28 2010, 13:02
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 100452

Well, enough is enough. If you want, we can continue on PMs or start a new topic, but the current one's spammed enough already.
by Zenofex
Oct 21 2010, 22:44
Topic: The Best And The Worst
Replies: 153
Views: 29978

Nice topic, it could be used to give the devs some direction if they are really checking these boards. Best 3: 1. More detailed and customizable hero development. 2. More variegated battles. 3. New creatures per faction, enhanced faction uniqueness. Worst 3: 1. Nearly the same immature art style of ...
by Zenofex
Oct 16 2010, 19:48

Forget it, you win. I am out of ideas how to convince you that you are talking nonsense.
by Zenofex
Oct 14 2010, 22:13

They are affordable because they cost *nothing* but the food and drink required to sustain the laboring army, which the state has collected in rents This sentence negates everything before and after it (some of which is nearly ridiculous, but this is neither the topic, nor even the forum to discuss...
by Zenofex
Oct 14 2010, 21:25

Your example is completely wrong, are you sure that you understand the concept of "payment" at all? Payment doesn't necessarily mean money in narrow sense. When people perform some task, they incorporate their labour into now-created value of the product, which then can be traded against a...
by Zenofex
Oct 14 2010, 21:11

Who are "we"? Be welcome to quote here (or on PM, no need for spam actually) all the posts on all the boards where I'm registered with this account name, where I say that I don't like the MMH VI creature design. I believe you will have great difficulties finding more than one or two apart ...
by Zenofex
Oct 14 2010, 20:26

Good memories. The dialogues between Sandro and "Mr. Hack" are among the better conversations to be found in the games as a whole. :-D About the pictures - the unupgraded Haven units are bearable and even somewhat good-looking, but it seems they are promoting them from military units to fa...
by Zenofex
Oct 14 2010, 20:10

So we are now arguing about what we are arguing about. Hm... No matter. Heck, his argument i wrong because of the simple existence of artifacts, which are better protection that normal armour... and those are the products of magic... These artifacts are rare. We can safely assume that most of them a...
by Zenofex
Oct 10 2010, 11:50
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 88162

These "visitors" are most likely the Ancients themselves - installing local "governments", constructing something that looks like SAM weapon (I think this has already been mentioned before in this thread once) and fighting "demons in the sky", which could be exactly bef...
by Zenofex
Oct 9 2010, 12:52
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 88162

Actually, there as the Kreegan invasion of Axeoth in the distant past. Angel's Blade and Ebora are apparently remnants of this invasion. I doubt there were "invasions" so to speak. With the Kreegans' breeding capabilities and intolerance towards the natives, the planet should have been ov...
by Zenofex
Oct 8 2010, 21:26

This explanation might be used for a realm where the people are working to feed their souls and feel the joy of labour, but not where they actually (more or less) get paid for what they do. Or otherwise said, in a world without economy you can have as many plate mails as you want. But that's not rea...

Go to advanced search