Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
06 Dec 2010, 15:19
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Suggest a better name thread...
Replies: 52
Views: 15878

I haven't ready the HC boards. Where does "Lilim" come from? If the implication is that the "-im" suffix is plural, then I assume the name comes from Hebrew, in which case Lilim would also be MASCULINE plural. Feminine plural would be Lilot. This assumes the singular is "Li...
by Zenofex
06 Dec 2010, 14:36

... and provided the fans with even more reasons to hate them. Well... persistence is still valued... sometimes...
by Zenofex
06 Dec 2010, 11:53

And like I said on the HC boards, Lilim is plural. Very nice change, eh? Actually I can't say I like even one of the changes, especially the Sister. Skeletal Spearman is stupid as well - this thing is armed with javelins and looks like ranged support, while the spearman is melee infantryman. The oth...
by Zenofex
02 Dec 2010, 18:50
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 33964

Looking at HoMM III - the units were somewhat diverse, the story was also quite boring involving several invasions and building a sword to destroy the whole world etc. Armageddon's Blade story was rushed and put together only to fill the shoes of the short-lived Forge anyway, I suppose the writers ...
by Zenofex
28 Nov 2010, 22:32
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: The Angels in the original Might and Magic universe
Replies: 57
Views: 25253

Damn it man, Angels, the Angels, not the Kreegans! I have all read your theories about the latter, we have all disagreed, nothing has changed. I was answering Croix's question and implicitly asking you to stop with this "Kreegans are not what you think they are" twaddle at least in this to...
by Zenofex
26 Nov 2010, 19:08
Topic: The Best And The Worst
Replies: 153
Views: 46154

Why would it be harder to balance? As long as the 1st tier's upgrade matches to the other factions' first tier it's fine. I don't really understand this. If it means what I think it means, then the faction which has to upgrade one creature to match the strength of unupgraded creature from the same ...
by Zenofex
26 Nov 2010, 14:56

Are you agreeing or disagreeing with me? Both and neither. My point is that the upgrade-per-creature system does not negate the possibility the upgraded creature to have different abilities than the unupgraded. Not that this is absolutely necessary. Incredibly difficult to balance? Once you leave t...
by Zenofex
25 Nov 2010, 22:47

Except it will make the factions incredibly difficult to balance properly and will ultimately boil down to perfect template scenarios (lower tiers upgraded on small maps, lower and middle on medium maps and middle and high on large maps). And this will get pretty boring pretty soon, not to mention t...
by Zenofex
25 Nov 2010, 08:22

Can anyone go find our undoubtable proof?! A quest, I say! In the time since the Silence, your world has lost knowledge of the Kreegan's origin. That they resemble the devils of myth has been enough for you, and indeed, "devils" is what most call them. The truth is they came from the beyo...
by Zenofex
24 Nov 2010, 20:59
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 33964

So you want Inferno scrapped or you want the current Inferno scrapped? The first will make me very hostile towards whoever does it, the second I can agree with, even though what we have now looks marginally better than the HoMM V Inferno (mainly the new models of the Succubus and the Pit Fiend are f...
by Zenofex
24 Nov 2010, 15:33
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 173932

Yeah, it almost seems like they have a quota for male/female creatures for each faction. While I don't mind some variety, it could be stupendous and as an end in itself if taken too far. I hope there aren't any Afroamerican elves or Chinese orcs because they have an ethnic quota too.
by Zenofex
22 Nov 2010, 08:48

Erm... Maniacs, Masochists... Inferno will ultimately turn to be a badly maintained madhouse. Cepheus mentioned in a HC topic about the same thing that the time for name revision is quite limited (or something like that) and that was weeks ago, so I don't know if making new suggestions is worthwhile...
by Zenofex
20 Nov 2010, 10:40

You mean the looping? Or the erroneous/flawed information? =/ People always bring information like that with them, it doesn't necessary kill the thread. I mean one particular person who claims quite many things backed up almost exclusively by his imagination and nothing substantial from the games (...
by Zenofex
18 Nov 2010, 10:01

Actually Elvin kind of confirmed them as Core. :)
By the way it is not impossible the glowing creature and this Priestess to be one and the same - the "lighter" version could be some battle spell effect that they cast on themselves or something. Though I doubt it.
by Zenofex
11 Nov 2010, 22:07

Well, I actually expected this to happen even earlier...
End of topic I suppose...
by Zenofex
09 Nov 2010, 20:42
Topic: Igromir news
Replies: 74
Views: 34884

Re: Igromir news

Sometimes you have to tear the whole thing down and rebuild instead of adding on all the time. Yeah, destroying something and pretending that it still exists and is actually not very different than before makes a hell lot of sense. ;) And can`t some games just be fun? Why do we nead this balancing ...
by Zenofex
09 Nov 2010, 12:02

Angels are far less powerful than the Ancients, so they can hardly be them. Do we have an actual text stating exactly how powerful each single Ancient is? I don't think I have seen one. 1. could they be one of pre-existed humanoid races much like Humans (Earth?), Dwarves and other shorties (??), El...
by Zenofex
08 Nov 2010, 08:42

The Ancients could be related to regular human or generally humanoid races (also dwarves, elves) like the homo sapiens is related to the ramapithecus. About the angels - we know that they can't stand Kreegans and attack them on sight. Also they arrive from "heavenly" portals and are genera...
by Zenofex
07 Nov 2010, 20:18

The only explanation I can think of is that the HoMM V Seraphim are named after the MMH:VI Seraphim because the latter gained the reputation of mercykillers. I.e. the Heroes V Seraph is actually an Angel with a nickname or title that initially was the name of a lesser or at least more earthly creatu...
by Zenofex
07 Nov 2010, 18:31

Pity, I was hoping for something... definite. The theory about their artificial nature is plausible, but sometimes I wonder if there is any chance the angels to be the Ancients themselves - like their warrior caste or special forces. It is quite unlikely given all the information from the games, but...

Go to advanced search