Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
12 Feb 2011, 08:53
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: No Blackies = please no Dungeon
Replies: 100
Views: 42363

The Black Dragon to Dungeon is what the Lich is to Necro, or the Gryphon to Haven I don't get the part with the Griffins either, they've been Haven's allies only in Heroes III and Heroes V and only because human kingdoms are identified with lions and other such "proud" creatures. They are...
by Zenofex
12 Feb 2011, 08:32
Forum: Campfire
Topic: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of
Replies: 112
Views: 53874

Ever since we stopped oppressing the females more of them have been serving as soldiers just fine... we're still only slowly letting go of old habits. This is not about habits but about predisposition. As already pointed out, many Western-type states allow military service for both men and women an...
by Zenofex
09 Feb 2011, 19:54

As opposed to an old guy with a wooden staff? Or something the size of a 12 year old with a wooden boomerang? Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I've mentioned somewhere that I approve of these designs. And by the way the Goblin seems surprisingly stout for a 12 year old, don't you think? Y...
by Zenofex
08 Feb 2011, 08:56

I don't mind a few Amazons, but their approach is blatantly deliberate. Why did they need to turn the Centaurs into females? Well, to fill the female quota for Stronghold, that's why. There are similar cases in all factions and frankly only Inferno looks OK at the moment in this regard. And even if ...
by Zenofex
07 Feb 2011, 13:07

Could be, but this doesn't really change the fact that the chances of survival of some unarmed nun in her Sunday's best on the battlefield are between zero and non-existent and her combat efficiency will be the same or worse. People had and still have reasons for these sexist and discriminative armi...
by Zenofex
06 Feb 2011, 19:05

Re: the unproductive thoughts of a guy you've never heard of

what does III have that V doesnt Playability, replayability of the single-player games, working RMG with Armageddon's Blade, excellent Map Editor, plenty of maps, story written by someone who actually has a general idea of what this thing is, Might and Magic classes for each faction, good AI... Ser...
by Zenofex
31 Jan 2011, 09:52
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 142546

They won't change anything even if they announce it today, Corlagon pretty much made this clear more than 2 months ago. Localization and stuff. And where did you get the impression that they give a damn about our feedback from? :|
by Zenofex
30 Jan 2011, 09:00
Topic: Devs in the Black Hole
Replies: 44
Views: 16861

The Communities will no doubt play a bigger role in the future; the fans have all complained about Ubi's information policy via Facebook, and encouraged them to use the fan sites for releasing info instead. They are also stepping up their activity on their new main page. So far their response to th...
by Zenofex
29 Jan 2011, 22:50

That's right, it's the publisher's job. And the publisher definitely has to do more than asking some privileged fans to spread the word how good the game is (apparently saying how bad it is doesn't really count for advertising) or generally just to tell us something we don't know when the time is ri...
by Zenofex
29 Jan 2011, 18:50

We cant tell you ouer opnion until a later date of ubis choosing. That is the only limitasjon. We will be alowed to post evertying we saw from that test, and you can ask questions and youll get ouer opinons. ill get back to you when its time. Why are you supposed to give us the answers instead of U...
by Zenofex
16 Jan 2011, 21:42
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107286

...then insiders from VIP forum are not trustable (see Elvin&co. comments for these pictures at HC) and all what they said can be deception (so far they comments were true - in one way or another). ;P But then again we have the LaBoule case - the "Christmas tree" had the faces of two ...
by Zenofex
09 Jan 2011, 21:06
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107286

Actually the Wyrms from Might & Magic came before all other "Kirins". :)
by Zenofex
08 Jan 2011, 09:33
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 142546

Name for the first picture: Geralt attends the announcement of Anton for heir before getting back to work at the nearest graveyard Name for the second picture: Alight angel persuades a nearly-alight subject of unclear gender to move to a less fiery place before they both become part of the landscape...
by Zenofex
01 Jan 2011, 21:39
Topic: The Best And The Worst
Replies: 153
Views: 45970

Not random if the mapmaker: 1. adjusts resources to chosen town type 2. anticipates the player's choice of building order 3. anticipates the player's skill Now I'm confused. The first - OK, but reducing the number resources just to standardize the building plans of all factions means among other th...
by Zenofex
01 Jan 2011, 21:09

In most heroes games, choosing a building path is as much a gamble as a strategic decision. Because the random pile of resource you find on day 7 might turn out to be yet another sulfur while you chose the path where gems are key. It's not a gamble at all. The resources placed on the maps can be sp...
by Zenofex
26 Dec 2010, 23:40
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 33783

You know, I'm beginning to suspect that you are the author of the HoMM V story. Even if you aren't, they should have chosen you. You are pretty good at telling how the things are supposed to be and know all the basic rules. :applause:
by Zenofex
25 Dec 2010, 14:02
Topic: Who else hates the Inferno?
Replies: 101
Views: 33783

Yeah, whatever. :|
by Zenofex
23 Dec 2010, 20:29

What's with this trend to announce new things on Facebook anyway? I consider this thing a total waste of time (and from what I've seen - intelligence too), so can't I have another news source? Pretty please? Now!
by Zenofex
16 Dec 2010, 19:00
Topic: New Creature Tier System
Replies: 26
Views: 11122

RTS and TBS can not be compared, the dynamics levels are very different and usually the TBSs are much more complex than the RTSs, which at one point are normally reduced to who-can-click-faster. Moreover, the greater part of the RTSs are no strategies, but tactics at most (including StarCraft), whil...
by Zenofex
16 Dec 2010, 11:34
Topic: Do you want a Michael Archangel Figurine?
Replies: 13
Views: 7075

Not interested at all, but will gladly pay a few more pennies for a Heroes III Arch Devil figurine.

Go to advanced search