Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
24 Sep 2010, 09:50
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Archangel Castle's Q&A session
Replies: 16
Views: 12991

Great work, it's good to have a light in the dark once in a while. Some things sound nice (7 schools of magic - quite nice actually), others - not really. This particular one bothers me a bit: How can we customize heroes ? You'll be able to select your hero's name, sex and might or magic orientation...
by Zenofex
23 Sep 2010, 22:28
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 100254

Well I gather that the Ubisoft producers do have a rudimentary understanding of the MM lore, if perhaps not a perfect one. As I understand it at this point, the decision to create this new setting was indeed partially made out of respect for the continuity (and I do have reason to believe that) - i...
by Zenofex
23 Sep 2010, 20:23

They bought NWC, so they had rights to access to the "blue print" / "bible" of HoMM / MM universe. Off course they had already learned and known the story of the original M&M world. How can you say such thing ? Ubisoft bought the M&M franchise, not NWC. NWC died along wi...
by Zenofex
23 Sep 2010, 09:36

In my opinion Ubi don't know the story of the original M&M world, simply some of their rookies played HoMM III and/or IV and decided that this is it. The NWC M&M universe is vast, the stories within it could be everything from standard fantasy, through sci-fi - fantasy hodge-podge, to pure s...
by Zenofex
22 Sep 2010, 21:53
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Views: 119855

But still, they'd rather just use transporters and such - they're technologically, not supernaturally advanced. I'm not arguing about this at all. It just seemed that you downgraded their overall intelligence wee to much. I don't think that the geometry of their Hive, is proof of higher intelligenc...
by Zenofex
22 Sep 2010, 21:46
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 142816

Mirez wrote:what makes you think so? Just because juggernauts are elite doesn't mean devils can't be champion
My mistake, I forgot that Champion is above Elite.
by Zenofex
22 Sep 2010, 19:35
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 142816

No Devils? :disagree:
by Zenofex
22 Sep 2010, 19:28

And they're really not that smart. They're sentient, but their society is much like ants. There's no way workers could feign death or shapeshift. Disagreed with this part. The regural Kreegan "grunt" may not be exactly intelligent (just like the regular human isn't), but you are forgettin...
by Zenofex
22 Sep 2010, 11:01
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 107489

You are too quick to dismiss the Wizards, it could appear that we'll actually lose Dungeon withe initial release, not Academy (and of course there is an option both of them to fall off). This will make either the Black Dragons or the Titans unavailable or at least factionless (though I really won't ...
by Zenofex
21 Sep 2010, 09:22
Topic: Lets talk about War Machines
Replies: 58
Views: 19007

The very purpose of the moat is to render the entire siege equipment, except the artillery (catapults, trebuchets, ballistas and so on) and in certain cases - the battering rams - almost useless. You can improvise with what you have depending on the circumstances, but normally a well-constructed cas...
by Zenofex
20 Sep 2010, 16:44

Having not played HoMMIV,I have to ask. What is the "Fiery Realm"? That's debatable, it could be the Fiery Moon from Chronicles or basically any other volcanic world, but it is a Kreegan-inhabited realm for sure. Gauldoth Half-Dead, the Necropolis protagonist, travels to it through a port...
by Zenofex
20 Sep 2010, 14:19

The Kreegans in HoMM IV did not arrive from Enroth/Antagarich and were not exactly a sub-faction. Gauldoth took them from some unknown world, possibly a planet who-knows-how-many-star-systems-away and actually limited number of them followed him back through the portal. So they were not enough to fo...
by Zenofex
20 Sep 2010, 10:26

The repeating ballista is not imaginary, there are historical records of such devices. See this: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Polybolos . As for the imaginary stuff - it's not that difficult to invent new things. For instance, Academy could field some grenade-launcher-like device, which fires some c...
by Zenofex
19 Sep 2010, 15:51

Personally I use war machines very rarely, even in HoMM V where they are significantly more reliable than in the previous games. The damage of the ballista is insignificant after the mid-game phase and its lowish HP make it very vulnerable to area-of-effect spells. The First Aid Tent is even less us...
by Zenofex
19 Sep 2010, 14:43

Well, I admit that this caught my attention and maybe I'll play M&M IX after all. What has always seemed a bit inconsistent to me about the wide-spread explanation of the events is that Escaton claims that he has failed in the end of M&M VIII. It can be explained with a malfunction of his ci...
by Zenofex
19 Sep 2010, 10:04

Erm, is this in some other world? In the M&M world I know one part of the Kreegans (seemingly the larger part of the force that landed on the planet) travel to Antagarich under Zenofex/Xenofex and lay waste there and those which remain on Enroth are completely destroyed with the loss of the hive...
by Zenofex
18 Sep 2010, 08:24

In Might and Magic the Kreegans may be as you say. But in Heroes of Might and Magic, the Kreegans are supernatural entities. They are able to establish themselves by 'raising a volcano' (the first scenario of Dungeons and Devils mentions this explicitly) and then manifesting themselves into existen...
by Zenofex
17 Sep 2010, 20:12

This is more or less addressed in Might and Magic IX Guilty, haven't played that one. I was overwhelmed with negative reviews of the game back then and ultimately decided to skip it. Out of curiosity, what is this speculation about Ashan being actually Axeoth? I couldn't find anything that can supp...
by Zenofex
17 Sep 2010, 16:41

Dont see anyone bashing new King bounty although that's as generic universe as generic universe can get. Generic demons, elves.. and so on. Come on, King's Bounty is a fairy tale about heroic deeds, damsels in distress, princess and princesses - i.e. it's not pretending to be serious at all. It's j...
by Zenofex
17 Sep 2010, 12:02

Frankly, the Kreegans' presence on Axeoth wasn't exactly logical, even though they were brought there from some "fiery realm". The portals leading to it are clearly of Ancients' design, so the planet should have had some defensive mechanism against the appearance of the arch-rivals, like o...

Go to advanced search