Search found 151 matches

by Zenofex
Oct 1 2010, 20:52
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: What happened after the Kreegan Invasion?
Replies: 274
Views: 85740

I can't remember myself, it's been a while, but it is possible. It's made of three artefacts which could as well be from before the Silence. If I recall correctly, some of the otherwise "medieval"-looking artefact-class equipment in M&M had something like "property of VARN armoury...
by Zenofex
Oct 1 2010, 20:10

First, I want to make clear that I'm answering you because I've just finished my dinner, I don't feel sleepy enough to go to bed and have nothing interesting to do at the moment - i.e. I'm just wasting my time. Otherwise it's completely unreasonable to keep arguing with someone so persistent in his ...
by Zenofex
Oct 1 2010, 13:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 96254

That's why i said "easier to make"! Pay attention. I am paying attention, but I don't understand why do you assume that the armors will become easier to make at any point in the future. I don't have the impression that the Ashan's humans economy, technology and pretty much everything is p...
by Zenofex
Oct 1 2010, 10:23
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 84831

I don't mind some "pure good" and "pure evil" factions and ideologies, but I want their alignment to be intelligently explained. I detest these marginal categories, but I can tolerate them in the fantasy worlds in case they can justify their existence with some clever arguments. ...
by Zenofex
Sep 30 2010, 20:36
Topic: Heroes VI seems to be reinventing the wheel. Good or bad?
Replies: 37
Views: 10080

True, but on the other hand the current TP causes the effect of cat running after it's tail; whenever your main hero conquers a town, he loses another because of better-than-average enemy hero or poor town defenses or both. When your hero goes back to conquer that town, the enemy hero has moved onw...
by Zenofex
Sep 30 2010, 10:25

Interesting thing about the architecture being Eeofol's. It is very unlikely. The native population of Eeofol before the Kreegans' invasion were the Halfings and the landscape was similar to Erathia's - neither of these have anything to do with the massive, burnt and intimidating structures of the ...
by Zenofex
Sep 29 2010, 22:14

Well, didn't it say somewhere, that he became barking mad? Can't remember precisely, but I think the accusations of "madness" were imputed to Lucifer by his enemies only, i.e. they are heavily biased and do not take into account the Kreegans' actual goals with the creation of Armageddon's...
by Zenofex
Sep 29 2010, 20:49

Just wondering, why in the hell Lucifer needed Armageddons blade to set world on fire, if reckoning proved to be so destructive to Kreegan race. Isnt that shooting themselves in feet. It could be speculated that after the destruction of the Hive in Enroth (and the Queen along with it) and the death...
by Zenofex
Sep 29 2010, 17:37

@Slayer, your knowledge is based on the Restoration of Erathia campaign from HoMM III and a half-baked M&M game. Stop it already! In the Armageddon's Blade campaign you'll find enough "evidences" which should convince even the likes of you. And in M&M VI and VII there are tons of a...
by Zenofex
Sep 29 2010, 9:38

And you don't get how economy works, necessary stuff like armour in a time when such an object is still a necessity would go down in price fast once it becomes easier to make... Actually an increased armor demand combined with low production capabilities will unavoidably mean increased prices. :) A...
by Zenofex
Sep 29 2010, 8:43

Not 100% sure, but I think that even in homm3 there was reference to night of shooting stars, so that proves outer space theory There is such reference, even more than one, though I can not quote them at the moment. I think that this "gating" thing is getting way too far. The Kreegans cou...
by Zenofex
Sep 28 2010, 18:46

@Slayer, indeed you shouldn't bother arguing - just play the M&M games, enjoy them and maybe after several months or so you will be zealously fighting your own current arguments. The question is: are the Kreegan natural to any planet race or artifical created/evolved race by Ancients enemy as MM...
by Zenofex
Sep 28 2010, 12:11

The Oracle indeed says it all - the Kreegans are more or less forced to do what they do if they want to survive. It's hard to moralize against the survival instinct (or whatever they have to serve its purpose). The Ancients aren't exacty saints too, given that they don't have any conscientous scrupu...
by Zenofex
Sep 27 2010, 9:06

Venom Spawn and Ice Demons are Kreegans according to Heroes IV. Where do they fit in with your apparent insistence of there being only one race of Kreegan which is the one depicted in Might and Magic? We don't know for sure that the Venom Spawns and the Ice Demons are Kreegans. They could be just a...
by Zenofex
Sep 26 2010, 20:18

But yes, a 'pure' biological origin and nature for the Kreegans is completely lame. Devils are not supposed to be just 'hungry little creatures that just had too many babies'. That just inspires pity, not awe or horror. That's nature, not pure evilness. A-ah, here's the key to the tent! You just do...
by Zenofex
Sep 25 2010, 20:40

Well, Conflux had 4 contiguous creatures immune to Armageddon and they were actually lvl 4-7 (with their lvl 7 being the most imbalanced creature in the game with basic weekly growth of 2 on top of its quite significant abilities), so it couldn't get much worse in the next games. But if there is Arm...
by Zenofex
Sep 25 2010, 17:12

I really don't understand: what is the point in proving that the Kreegans' origin is magical and mystical? Will they become more charming, less frightening, more inspiring, less unconventional for "demons"... What? The evidences of the biological background of the race are so overwhelming ...
by Zenofex
Sep 24 2010, 22:50

No one gets so excited about incoming war (if this thing is possible at all) to forget that he'll have to pay from his pocket for the equipment. These show room armors and weapons are below even the least cost-effective thing for any sentient commander or landlord. I for one vote the wood/dark elves...
by Zenofex
Sep 24 2010, 21:53

Did you want more peasant-looking creatures ? :P Seriously! :) No, something even lower than peasants. I want the creatures to look like the very bottom of the society, the lumpenproletariat at its disgusting worst. Seriously! ... or serious. I want the creatures to make some sense. That's achievab...
by Zenofex
Sep 24 2010, 19:46

The art direction remains somewhat childish with these ridiculous weapons and armors - especially regarding the Haven troops, where even the most basic infantry is equipped with ornameted plate mails and sophisticated looking offensive armament. At least for the time being however, the concept art a...

Go to advanced search