Search found 131 matches

by Spin
09 Sep 2011, 05:35
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Games similar to Might and Magic?
Replies: 39
Views: 26687

Baldur's Gate II is PC only. You usually just create 1 character and go in a party of 6 everywhere, where all characters have very deep storylines and fairly massive quests. You can also create 6 characters from the getgo but you'll lose a lot of party interactions. You're thinking of Baldurs Gate D...
by Spin
09 Sep 2011, 01:00
Topic: Games similar to Might and Magic?
Replies: 39
Views: 26687

M&M is definitely Unique in it's own way, they just simply don't make 1st person party-based RPGs anymore. Wizardry 8's definitely the closest you'll get to something like MM6-9. However, there are probably a few games that play closer to MM1-5, but i'd have absolutely no idea about them. One am...
by Spin
08 Sep 2011, 15:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes 6 demo
Replies: 2
Views: 1886

Re: Heroes 6 demo

I havd been playing around wi this demo and I have to express my feelings sbout it. I find the graphics to be very unclear it is difficult to see what the creatures look like.In heroes 3.4.&5 The graphics are very clear, It is easy to see what the creatures look like. You are quite right with t...
by Spin
01 Sep 2011, 09:32
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm3 skills question
Replies: 4
Views: 2456

You can only get a skill at Basic Level from a witch hut, or from any object that gives you a skill for that matter (university, etc). The only way to get a skill at advanced/expert level on an adventure map is by visiting a scholar and getting lucky. Usually scholars only give you primary skill poi...
by Spin
01 Sep 2011, 01:15
Forum: News
Topic: Public Beta Patch 1.4
Replies: 7
Views: 3187

Public Beta Patch 1.4

love the fact it's getting much better quickly. It's on track to be quite good come release day, better than 90% of games these days actually. I'm still waiting for Civ5 to get to a stage where the game's 100% polished before i buy it.
by Spin
27 Aug 2011, 14:51
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: So Close
Replies: 6
Views: 3508

So Close

Great map! Back for Revenge. Probably the best XL map to come with the game.
by Spin
26 Aug 2011, 09:05
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18401

Neidhaart wrote:I like it because its not homm3. And still it feels like a heroes game.
well said. No need to complain about things they did differently in this game. IMO that's the thing I love best about it.
by Spin
24 Aug 2011, 23:55
Topic: General Thoughts on the Homm VI Demo?
Replies: 37
Views: 18401

1. Yes that's HoMM 2 and 3 music. Part of the game is that it's celebrating the 25th anniversary of the might and magic series, therefore they're remaking a lot of the music from the series and using it in HoMM6. In fact, Broken Alliance (the map in the demo) is a remake of the HoMM2 map. 2. The gen...
by Spin
22 Aug 2011, 22:23
Topic: Recommended Games: Suggestions?
Replies: 24
Views: 11594

Recommended Games: Suggestions?

Civilization 5 needs adding. Other than that maybe some other Turn Based strategies which aren't HoMM or Civ, such as Battle for Wesnoth.
by Spin
20 Aug 2011, 16:16
Topic: Ubisoft Cancelled a M&M Project
Replies: 20
Views: 5823

Ubisoft Cancelled a M&M Project

Oblivion is quite good i think. There's some crap to it but other parts of it are brilliant. It's virtually the closest thing to what Might and Magic games would be like if they were made today. Glad they didn't go through with these games. Basically if Ubisoft brings out a Might and Magic franchise...
by Spin
14 Aug 2011, 04:55
Topic: Why Should I Buy HoMM 6?
Replies: 27
Views: 17543

Heroes 6 is a unique new entry into the Heroes series that differs the game from all other games in the Heroes series. The developers are taking heaps of time to go to the needs of the fans, be it no DRM, making town windows, and delaying the game for more balance/polish. Overall it's going to be a ...
by Spin
10 Aug 2011, 07:31
Topic: No DRM For H6, Conflux Explained
Replies: 22
Views: 10489

This is fantastic news.

The conflux seems really good. Looks like it'll add a layer of depth to the game while also making the game much better for online play.
by Spin
07 Aug 2011, 06:36
Topic: How do skill-related character specialties work?
Views: 4542

its not an issue at all unless you visit 6 witches huts and get every skill before you advance a level. With all specialty heroes, you should be aiming to max out their specialty skill as a 2nd priority (first priority is accepting new skills which you want). I've never played a game with Kyrre wher...
by Spin
07 Aug 2011, 01:17
Topic: How do skill-related character specialties work?
Views: 4542

The latter (5% x 10% = 10.5% boost in movement) is the way it works. Obviously with Expert Logistics it stacks up and gets pretty huge at higher levels. Think a level 20 hero with expert logistics gets 30% + (5%*20*.30)% = 60% Movement Bonus, i.e. double effect of expert logistics. If you add artifa...
by Spin
02 Aug 2011, 12:28
Topic: Arcomage - AI
Replies: 22
Views: 11382

Great rules so far, they're fairly general but all very good. You might want to add secondary 'labels' to cards e.g. Tower Damage Cards, Wall Damage cards, Wall cards, Tower Cards, Resource Cards, Production (quarry, magic, dungeon) cards + then make a more complex AI system. It will enhance the AI ...
by Spin
31 Jul 2011, 06:56
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 29084

I'm tipping the only DRM we will have is a "once only online activation". I have no idea why people have PCs without internet connections these days (to activate it once, i can see why always online is a bitch), it's a simple $30 router/switch and $10 network cable to get an extra computer...
by Spin
31 Jul 2011, 05:02
Topic: The Current State of Things
Replies: 31
Views: 13117

The Current State of Things

I'm looking forward to this game a lot. The graphics are nice and add a layer of beauty to the game. The gameplay seems more refined, it's good that the game is trying to be different from the others, after i basically stopped playing Heroes V and went back to III. At release this game will be fairl...
by Spin
29 Jul 2011, 04:04
Topic: Is the graphics the same as in Heroes V?
Replies: 3
Views: 3240

Engine is completely different, the developer of this game (Black Hole) is different from the previous developer (Nival) and the engine used is completely different. To my understanding the engine used in Heroes VI is a heavily modified version of the one used in Warhammer: Mark of Chaos. People who...
by Spin
25 Jul 2011, 10:35
Topic: Let's talk town conversions...
Replies: 30
Views: 15804

honestly i think it will work really well in campaigns. In multiplayer matches i'm quite happy with it, especially on large maps with many players. However, on small maps with few towns it's not really welcome as a good strategy, i could imagine the multiplayer players wouldn't be impressed, some go...
by Spin
20 Jul 2011, 08:20
Topic: creature dwellings or economy buildings on week 1?
Replies: 35
Views: 13340

I almost always go for Capital as quickly as possible (week 2 day 1,2 or 3). The long-term benefit to me is much greater than the short-term benefit of capturing things from minor stacks. I play on Hard Diffuculty however so this is fairly easy, playing on expert makes it more difficult to do this. ...

Go to advanced search