Search found 131 matches

by Spin
Dec 17 2011, 14:44
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Patch for creating larger maps in Heroes III Complete
Replies: 3
Views: 6626

http://heroescommunity.com/viewthread.php3?TID=32264

I believe they've made it there. Haven't tried it myself though, XL is large enough for me!
by Spin
Dec 12 2011, 11:12
Forum: News
Topic: H6 Patching Policy
Replies: 40
Views: 10316

they really haven't impressed me to be honest. I encountered a mission-breaking bug in the 1st level of the Inferno campaign and i've basically not played since then (except for one skirmish map). There were urgent issues that needed to be fixed ASAP and yes they've definitely waited too long. Unfor...
by Spin
Dec 9 2011, 7:57
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: 2D vs. 3D
Replies: 38
Views: 10774

3D is a must these days really. Sprites would look ridiculously awful at today's resolutions. The graphics have really helped Heroes, in particular Heroes VI, which has made it so it doesn't feel like you're playing a board game on the adventure map. The map is very seamless and it's harder than eve...
by Spin
Nov 9 2011, 11:04
Topic: Inferno campaign
Replies: 10
Views: 3952

i've only done the first part of the first mission, but if it helps you: 1. get the 2nd base ASAP (just to the east of your start) and build an advanced town portal there, you'll be going back a lot. Use this town as your defensive hub 2. get a 2nd hero to scout out for enemies 3. Get the 40 mother ...
by Spin
Nov 8 2011, 11:05
Topic: Ubisoft server down, can't play, OMG
Replies: 19
Views: 7305

ummm you guys really need to learn about the game: Firstly, you can play offline any time (Offline mode is there). If you chose the option for Ubisoft to synchonise your save games or whatever, they'll be on Ubi's site therefore when ubi servers are down you can't play your save games. You can easil...
by Spin
Nov 4 2011, 14:12
Topic: Faction analysis: Necropolis
Replies: 26
Views: 9437

vampires are the hugest disappointment to me, knowing they're not overpowered like they were in Heroes 3/4. They seem like the least useful Elite Creature to be honest, in fact the entire necro Elite is fairly meh. The champion unit however is by far my most favourite in the game. I was giggling lik...
by Spin
Oct 21 2011, 9:53
Topic: Rank HoMM OSTs
Replies: 16
Views: 5564

1. H4 2. H6 3. H2 4. H3 5. H5 Haven't played H1. Heroes 4 music just brought so much atmosphere to the game, also the way the sound was done was brilliant, especially on the adventure map when you changed terrains. I know some people hate the operatic classical themes but it was amazing for me.
by Spin
Oct 20 2011, 22:02
Topic: strategic balance
Replies: 4
Views: 2025

Heroes 4 fog of war was a fairly bad idea, allowed a lot of heroes to ninja up on your base without you knowing. My advice is to play Heroes 6 on the hardest map difficulty on skirmish maps (choose the AI difficulty as you please, I find Hard AI just rapes if they attack you in the first 2-3 weeks)....
by Spin
Oct 20 2011, 21:55
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might & Magic VI - Special vs. Limited Edition
Replies: 10
Views: 4801

Im almost the same situation as you. Played MM6 multiple times as well as 7 and 8, just can't get into the older style games since they don't feel as open and as nice. The limited edition is really special if you're an MM fan. The cloth maps are pretty cool and I remember getting a fairly big box wi...
by Spin
Oct 19 2011, 20:51
Topic: Wox2 - DEMO IS AVAILABLE ! (only RUS language)
Replies: 118
Views: 66458

that doesn't really make sense to be honest if at these graphics levels you can't have tonnes of enemies on the same screen at once. Either you're using the Oblivion engine that lags with more than 3 AI thinking at once or it's extremely unoptimised and you're running it on early 2000's laptops.
by Spin
Oct 18 2011, 22:58
Topic: Wox2 - DEMO IS AVAILABLE ! (only RUS language)
Replies: 118
Views: 66458

I don't mind the low poly models, that's fine as long as there's a lot of models. However i do think that if you gave the lighting a little bit of work it would go a very long way and at least take the environment into the 2000's.
by Spin
Oct 17 2011, 21:13
Topic: I hate Nerd Rage
Replies: 23
Views: 7278

definitely far too many people who want to see Heroes 3 come out again for some reason or another, it's already out! I love Heroes VI, you can actually play it alongside Heroes III for once as it has many unique features and the core gameplay is different. Releasing a worse version of an existing ga...
by Spin
Oct 17 2011, 10:52
Topic: Heroes difficulty: What am I missing? (Long post, TL;DR@bot)
Replies: 27
Views: 12379

I actually must say quick combat is fantastic in Heroes VI. Most of the time i do slightly better than the Quick Combat AI, but it's not so bad like in Heroes 3 and 4 where you must fight everything or else lose tonnes of troops. Very Rarely does the Quick Combat in Heroes VI do better than you, but...
by Spin
Oct 12 2011, 7:01
Topic: Heroes VI first review - 8.5/10
Replies: 15
Views: 6054

Game reviews are the most reliable of all entertainment reviews. Look at a few reliable sources, or where most of the scores are, and take out all the outliers basically.

If you look at the variation in scores between Movie and Music reviews you'd laugh.
by Spin
Oct 11 2011, 22:48
Topic: Heroes VI first review - 8.5/10
Replies: 15
Views: 6054

It's great to see these more or less 'outside' reviews. Most of the game reviews that will come will be from people who have played Heroes games a small amount at best. Since it's much more polished then the average game (due to delays) it's going to get pretty good reviews, probably a metascore of ...
by Spin
Oct 10 2011, 20:51
Topic: Retaliation Poll
Replies: 28
Views: 7942

Counter Attack is my favourite. Simultaneous just doesn't offer as much strategy in my opinion. To be honest I think we could reach a small compromise here and make it Counter Attack Retaliations in general, with some units having the ability to retaliate simultaneously. Think of it as a special abi...
by Spin
Oct 1 2011, 13:40
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Finished Campaigns in HoMM 3
Replies: 2
Views: 2034

First you have to load your Save Game and the campaigns will tick. You then instantly have to pick another campaign and start it, create a save, and that save will remember you've finished the other campaign. If you leave the campaign screen it's like quitting the game. Otherwise, if you want to imm...
by Spin
Sep 28 2011, 13:07
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Which One, Which One ...
Replies: 12
Views: 2171

Which One, Which One ...

where are these screenshots from? It's 4, but this looks really unique
by Spin
Sep 16 2011, 12:36
Forum: News
Topic: Video: GamesCom Q&A
Replies: 18
Views: 4867

Video: GamesCom Q&A

To be honest they have good logic in working on a RMG after release. I mean, we've got 20 something campiagn missions to go through, and then 9 skirmish maps. I think it can wait a month. The only thing i'm more concerned about is that I want to RMG to be the best ever RMG. With the game as it is (4...
by Spin
Sep 15 2011, 1:15
Topic: A goodbye to HOMM! Heroes VI has ended my love for this game
Replies: 121
Views: 73693

If anything Heroes has revived my hope in the series. It's so far a very good game for me, much better than the disappointment that Heroes 5 was. If you don't enjoy it it's your decision, i can't stop you with that. Although sometimes I think everyone here is putting Heroes 3 on a massive pedestal o...

Go to advanced search