Search found 131 matches

by Spin
Jan 22 2012, 21:14
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm3 .. orpg?
Replies: 4
Views: 2373

You couldn't do it without having a proper game developer behind it to be honest. While it's easy to create heaps of humans, and therefore 90% of the castle faction, creating monsters is very, very hard, not to forget completely new flying creatures with animations and spells. All the M&B mods s...
by Spin
Jan 22 2012, 21:06
Forum: News
Topic: Quiz: Round #1
Replies: 32
Views: 6022

Quiz: Round #1

Any way to get the Hypnotize spell (i don't think it comes in wand form)? That would be the only spell that would win it for you, otherwise multiple beserks, but that's going too far for a new hero.
by Spin
Jan 22 2012, 6:25
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Eyefinity
Replies: 5
Views: 1979

Eyefinity

with the adventure map looking AMAZING in the game, i can see how Eyefinity is brilliant. Love how the HUD also scales with the screens.
by Spin
Jan 22 2012, 2:28
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Homm3 .. orpg?
Views: 2373

if you play a game called Mount & Blade you'll see quite a lot of what you want there. It's a 3rd person RPG where you're the leader of an army and recruit/train creatures, take over castles, do some of the stuff etc. Unfortunately creating a Heroes like game out of it would take a lot, but you ...
by Spin
Jan 22 2012, 2:23
Topic: Quiz: Round #1
Replies: 32
Views: 6022

Quiz: Round #1

even with a shield of order you'd still lose. Definitely thinking an artifact would do it, but even the best artifacts would struggle. Otherwise a Pandora's box would do it, but what's in the box is the question.

I'd assume you'd hire a hero with the gold, i mean, why not?
by Spin
Jan 21 2012, 23:55
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: CC spells duration difference??
Replies: 6
Views: 2588

The spells show the effect for a unit with 0% magic resistance i think. This is why Spells like Time Stasis always say 3 turns but you rarely ever get a 3 turn Time Stasis on a creature.
by Spin
Jan 21 2012, 23:53
Topic: Unconventional adventure map travel
Views: 2578

There was a feature in Wake of Gods that may help. It was a building which allowed a hero, when he visited it, to teleport creatures from town to him instantly, but it cost gold to transport creatures, therefore to transport an army it was very expensive. Otherwise, a town portal spell with a 3 day ...
by Spin
Jan 20 2012, 12:06
Topic: Expansion #1 wish list
Replies: 30
Views: 18565

- Some maps that don't use the Area of Control to provide different gameplay
- More Scenario maps (even adding great user-made maps).
- Extra adventure map objects.
- A few extra spells/abilities
by Spin
Jan 16 2012, 13:23
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 Enroth In Minecraft
Replies: 18
Views: 11110

nice!

Hopefully you end up completing it. There's not too many buildings so that shouldn't be a problem, but the landscapes may be annoying.
by Spin
Jan 16 2012, 1:56
Topic: Stronghold.......The Barbarous Seven
Views: 3627

It shouldn't be too difficult if you play it correctly. Make sure you have an advanced town portal as early as possible and recruit all the free creatures before fighting any of the neutral creatures. Otherwise maybe drop the difficulty? And you don't have to kill the Boss creature if that's what yo...
by Spin
Jan 8 2012, 20:46
Topic: 12 weeks later...
Replies: 3
Views: 1969

Patch 1.2 came out and overall made the game a slightly better experience. It fixed many major bugs. Patch 1.2.1 also came out and fixed a relatively obscure bug.
by Spin
Jan 5 2012, 1:05
Topic: Sanctuary campaign - 3rd mission
Replies: 5
Views: 2504

It's definitely planned that the AI tries to attack through the whirlpool, and it forces you to build the advanced town portal. It's pretty much a must in all scenarios really to be able to go back to town within 2 turns.
by Spin
Jan 5 2012, 1:03
Topic: Ubi Online Weakness
Replies: 21
Views: 6198

Ubi Online Weakness

people really go crazy about not being able to play a game for a few hours every now and then......
by Spin
Jan 3 2012, 6:59
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 17961

if you're going by posts you're missing out on a lot of fun is all i can tell you. There are always people who will love a game and then there are people who will hate that same game, unfortunately in almost all cases the ones that hate that game will speak louder about it.
by Spin
Jan 1 2012, 8:37
Topic: What if I missed the Arachne?
Views: 2917

By saying that i meant some maps have 2 ways to complete the map, and each way you complete it leads to a different dynasty weapon. In the stronghold 2nd map, your first mission has 2 options, blood or tears, which each lead to a unique dynasty weapon as a reward. Since you can only choose 1 option ...
by Spin
Dec 31 2011, 3:48
Topic: What if I missed the Arachne?
Views: 2917

replay the map. You can select any campaign map you've finished in the campaign menu and do it again. In fact, some maps need this e.g. Stronghold mission 2. Not sure if it has any repercussions for playing the final Campaign though.
by Spin
Dec 27 2011, 0:12
Topic: Campaign order *warning spoilers*
Replies: 13
Views: 8240

Can someone please sticky this, or at least put a page on this site about it? I'm sure a lot of us will want it later for future reference, I know I do.
by Spin
Dec 22 2011, 8:22
Topic: Polls and Bugs
Replies: 8
Views: 2558

Polls and Bugs

It's getting there slowly. Like all great games, they aren't fantastic on release. Heroes 3 took until Shadows of Death to become truly legendary, many other strategy games have done the same. Hopefully Heroes 6 keeps getting patched every month or 2.
by Spin
Dec 19 2011, 20:21
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: DirectX fail although I have ver 9
Views: 2226

I always fail the RAM test on Heroes 3 Installation :(.

Might and Magic 8 has many differences to 6 and 7, it has a more modern RPG feel with that you recruit your characters after progressing through the game a bit.
by Spin
Dec 19 2011, 2:34
Topic: Is it really wise to get Heroes VI?
Replies: 48
Views: 17961

Buy it now. With patch 1.2 coming around the corner it should be a nice game. About the town screens, they will come, but probably very slowly. To be honest, the fact that Heroes VI had a March 2011 release date is laughable, I used to think that it was Ubisoft putting heaps of pressure on it's deve...

Go to advanced search