Search found 131 matches

by Spin
Mar 17 2013, 23:56
Forum: News
Topic: A Hidden Picture...
Replies: 10
Views: 3194

A Hidden Picture...

I'm interested to see how this turns out gameplay-wise. Very much looking forward to all the announcements in the next couple of weeks.
by Spin
Feb 11 2013, 5:21
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Heroes 2 vs Heroes 3 - differences? Heroes 2 or 5 next best?
Replies: 14
Views: 13566

Heroes 4 is the second best. People either love it or hate it. It's extremely fun to fight on and use the heroes in battle, the major downsides of the game are lack of balance (which is really only needed in multiplayer) and the non-existant enemy hero AI. But honestly, just running around the map k...
by Spin
Nov 15 2012, 7:19
Topic: Do You Still Play?
Replies: 34
Views: 13084

Do You Still Play?

Not playing it much anymore, will reinstall soon enough though. I felt like I got my good money's worth in the game though. There was a good 30 hours in all the campaigns, then playing a lot of skirmish maps I would have gone to 40-50 hours, to me I felt I got my money's worth for the game, and i th...
by Spin
Oct 30 2012, 0:35
Topic: Slow Broadband Holds Back Gaming
Replies: 18
Views: 7760

Re: Slow Broadband Holds Back Gaming

@Spin: What's going on outside Europe? Seems like you live in the Internet middle ages. :p Do all ISP's have traffic limits in Australia? We used to have such limits, when DSL was first introduced, but we're about 10 years past that, now. In Australia every ISP still offers download limits, then th...
by Spin
Oct 23 2012, 10:18
Topic: Slow Broadband Holds Back Gaming
Replies: 18
Views: 7760

Slow Broadband Holds Back Gaming

Speed doesn't matter that much since at the worst (in modern terms), something might take overnight to download. The larger issue is definitely (for us in Australia, at least) download limits, whereby you not only pay for your speed, but how much you can download/upload per month. Often a 2.5 gig pa...
by Spin
Aug 26 2012, 15:04
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Things are getting from bad to worse.
Replies: 13
Views: 7679

There is one thing for certain that is Ubisoft never planned for Heroes VI to end up like it is in it's current state. I would suspect they had much larger dreams for it but problems arose right from the beginning (with the release being delayed) and inevitably those dreams started fading away. Look...
by Spin
Jun 29 2012, 7:52
Topic: 10 questions faq made in paris-
Replies: 77
Views: 28470

thanks for the Q&A anyway you asked many questions that no one else would ask.

I think we really just need to let go of black hole's/ubi's mistakes in the last 12 months or so and look to the future, which is looking a bit brighter than it was in December/January.
by Spin
Jun 29 2012, 3:23

area of control worked really well, what annoyed me though was that they always had chokepoints in between the areas of control. They didn't need to do that, more open free flowing maps is better.
by Spin
Jun 28 2012, 22:10

Honestly I wouldn't call these questions that great, most of these questions are from enraged fans, which I wouldn't call the majority. The only Q&A we need in this tone is after Heroes 6 is finished, a look-back on the development on it. I know Ubisoft knows a lot about what it did right/wrong ...
by Spin
May 5 2012, 5:59
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: No Save Challenge
Replies: 11
Views: 3373

Sounds interesting. But really you'll most likely be taking the safe route and keeping it simple. I didn't find it too hard to die in any of the MM games, the only time where it was really risky was when you were in a dungeon and tried to sleep but got encountered. I reckon you'll go extremely far i...
by Spin
Apr 29 2012, 22:05
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Alt-Tabbing
Replies: 8
Views: 2230

Alt-Tabbing

It's very stable, i don't really have a problem with it. Better than CTD's, which a lot of games suffer from.
by Spin
Apr 29 2012, 22:04
Topic: Modernizing Heroes III?
Replies: 38
Views: 10495

Modernizing Heroes III?

I agree with what most have said here, Hereos III doesn't really need any enhancing. You could actually say the same with Baldur's Gate, although the problem with that game is there's just too many mods out there for anyone to decide what to do. If they fixed a couple of heroes 4's major issues (e.g...
by Spin
Apr 27 2012, 14:08
Topic: The Choice.
Replies: 22
Views: 8105

One thing i am uncertain of is whether Ubi will switch developers after Heroes 6 is finished. Experience in making these games is essential, no one has every got it right on their first try. If they do switch developers, all the practice in making the expansions/patches is wasted. I guess that could...
by Spin
Apr 24 2012, 12:21

No, it is not whether there is faith in H6, but simple logic that the new developer needs experience. If you let them start H7 right away H7 would be as bad as H6. Yes that's a pretty good point. I guess they can learn about how Black Hole has made the game and see what they've done right and what ...
by Spin
Apr 24 2012, 0:58

Heaps of ideas here already. I was suprised to see a lot of people going with 1, I'd thought a lot of people had lost faith in Heroes VI, but it must be that only a few have and are voicing it very loudly. I'm finding it hard to decide either way, the main problem i see is that an expansion would no...
by Spin
Apr 23 2012, 12:49
Topic: The GOOD of H6
Replies: 21
Views: 9655

My main good point is that they have the BEST looking adventure map of the series. It's such a brilliant adventure map I believe, just makes the game look that pretty when you're watching it. I know graphics aren't usually a big thing in Turn based strategies (and they should be of a lower priority ...
by Spin
Apr 23 2012, 4:08

The Choice.

Now we know that Black Hole is no longer working on HVI and a new developer's taking over I was wondering what you, if you were hypothetically in charge of the following decision would do: Would you: 1. Get the new developers to patch the game and create the already planned expansion(s). 2. Get the ...
by Spin
Mar 30 2012, 13:22
Topic: Patch 1.3 Next Week
Replies: 9
Views: 3099

Patch 1.3 Next Week

patch is good... but yeah... i seriously wonder what they're doing there. It takes them, what 2 years to make a game and in 6 months they've released 3 patches that fix a few bugs. They must be working on something, you'd hope.
by Spin
Feb 15 2012, 4:41
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Copyright on Grapics, Names, etc.
Replies: 8
Views: 2945

Based on my unfounded knowledge Ubisoft owns the rights to Heroes 1-4, and by that right they have copyright on all the resources and graphics from the game. As far as I know they haven't stopped any projects from using the graphics from HoMM3 (which use small portions), but they can stop you at any...
by Spin
Feb 13 2012, 7:20
Topic: Really glad I havent bought this game
Replies: 17
Views: 7400

You are missing out on quite a bit. At the very least, you're missing out on playing about 20 hours worth of campaigns. The 100+ hour factor's not in the game, but to be honest Heroes VI keeps you entertained for longer than most other games will, and it's always nice to play a fresh new game with n...

Go to advanced search