Search found 131 matches

by Spin
27 Mar 2011, 11:00
Forum: Articles
Topic: Elixir of Life → Graduation Exercise
Replies: 3
Views: 5141

Elixir of Life → Graduation Exercise

If you want to ultimately prepare yourself for the rest of the maps, it's best for Gelu to take on Wisdom as early as possible and you will be able to get Expert Wisdom by the max level. Combine that with Level 5 spells from all the towns and there is a chance that you can get the best adventure map...
by Spin
12 Mar 2011, 12:29
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 31871

I like the town window. To me, speed is a VERY important part of heroes. Heroes 3 and 4 were extremely fast to navigate and were great in that way, as well as the fact that heroes generally moved heaps per turn. There's nothing worse than half the game being loading screens like in Heroes V where yo...
by Spin
11 Mar 2011, 22:19
Topic: Minimum & Recommended system requirement
Replies: 50
Views: 21101

seems pretty heavy on the graphics card if 512mb is the minimum requirement. I'm not sure, for a DirectX9 only game it seems like a very heavy minimum requirement. Hopefully it's actually well optimised and can run smoothly on anything just above minimum settings.
by Spin
27 Jan 2011, 04:13
Topic: Heroes 6: ooookay?? (rant, really)
Replies: 82
Views: 30417

There is absolutely no whine related to Heroes 3 similarity in there, nor any "developper" decision is discussed. read the points before posting, they are all about game development as a process and an assessment about how it is going. Compare it to a game like Diablo 3 which we've follow...
by Spin
17 Jan 2011, 02:10
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: How was I supposed to legitimately......
Replies: 14
Views: 4821

first time i played through i did the same as you and got the 'bad' ending. One of my 6 council quests was bugged so i couldn't actually finish the game properly to the best of my knowledge. The game is fairly logical if you read the story, i mean after you visit the council you should be okay to ge...
by Spin
15 Jan 2011, 10:15
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Modern RPG worth play?
Replies: 19
Views: 10123

As far as RPGs go, they don't make them like might and magic anymore. The closest thing we currently have is The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, but it's nowhere near the same. To be honest, just have a look through all of Bioware's games and you basically can't go wrong picking any of them. They make t...
by Spin
28 Nov 2010, 00:59
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Questions on Equilibris mod
Replies: 11
Views: 5038

The great thing is the ability to run both versions whenever you want, unlike Heroes 3 Wake of Gods which permanently codes over your engine. No, it does not. What it does is manipulate the resource files for no reason at all (personally, I've 'dewogified' my resource files and I have H3 Complete a...
by Spin
27 Nov 2010, 00:25
Topic: Questions on Equilibris mod
Replies: 11
Views: 5038

personally i wouldn't try the campaigns with Equilibris mod. While the mod does a very good job at balancing the game, it also does a lot to make the campaigns seem to be much easier, a lot of the changes are quite drastic (such as the lowering of the cost of Citadels and Castles from $7500 to $3500...
by Spin
21 Oct 2010, 07:16
Topic: [H3SoD] Crag Hack 1st campaign problems
Replies: 1
Views: 1764

It's one of the hardest missions, the campaign is actually extremely hard. If you did mission 2 i'd say you could do this one. Firstly, having lots of heroes is always a good thing. They'll have one crazy hero with animate dead and tonnes of units, it's best to avoid him for a while and distract him...
by Spin
07 Sep 2010, 23:09
Topic: Brand Spanikin New
Replies: 28
Views: 8950

the most important part for you i think is to choose your battles well. On the later patches there are creature threat levels, just stick with the easier fights for the first few weeks of the game and don't try to kill everything in your path. This way you won't lose so many creatures. The more you ...
by Spin
18 Aug 2010, 11:59
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 82282

4 resources is probably too little for my liking, but i think that the 7 resource system was very wasteful in previous heroes games, especially Heroes IV, where sometimes you only needed 4 resources to build a town (also gold). For me 5 resources would be great, one semi-rare resource and one super-...

Go to advanced search