Search found 72 matches

by SplinterHoMM
Sep 3 2010, 22:22
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Idea for manna consumption
Replies: 16
Views: 6165

................... Nah, then we'd get less difference between might and magic heroes, or even between magic heroes that are specialized in different areas. You're mistaken here.Adding the same value (like bonus from being lvl10) does not change the difference between two heroes. ... i preferred to...
by SplinterHoMM
Sep 3 2010, 20:42
Topic: Story
Replies: 22
Views: 7476

Although abandoning the old universe was to me like a kick in the face with a shoe, i could swallow and ingest it after a while... I took H5 like a new game with same/similar features (still it had not to be named HoMM V or even MMH V). ------------------------------------------ I love dragons and s...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 20:52
Topic: Less Dragons as top lvl creature pls!
Replies: 130
Views: 27209

"...Ubisoft would like to assure fans that all of its Crystallised Dragon Blood © is harvested from dragons that died either of natural causes, died in battles, or gave it willingly..." Am i supposed to believe this... :| Meh..personally, I'd make angels the strongest and rarest units in ...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 20:29
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 97831

a good town portal spell would be nice as well, it's so annoying walking half the map back just to set avenger skills or to learn that level 5 spell Yes,and there are many more reasons to have it.It just should allow to chose target town.If it still takes all movepoints (so just one TP per day),i, ...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 20:04

That's a real crap.Why not simply crystal?.. :disagree:
:stop: Stop killing dragons for industry purpose!!! :no:
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 19:54
Topic: Impressions from Gamescom
Replies: 82
Views: 46503

Liked the ghoul attack (although reminds something), but imo they should move faster...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 19:47
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 25938

I would love if some mobile towers (siege towers? Whats the word in English?) are introduced when you siege a town, also big ladders to climb the walls... Sounds too good to be true, even though I am sure it is possible, esp. now with the info you can put your archers in the main tower. Yes,i would...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 19:27
Topic: New, new info (29. Aug)
Replies: 69
Views: 23475

- 40 to 60 hours of gameplay (campaign wise) Feee... could be more.Lets hope for more separate maps. - hotkeys available for combat / adventure OK.Hope they are listed in manual/readme... - no actions of the hero on the battlefield (like in H3) Nonsense crap! I want hero not only had more actions (l...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 17:58

I love dragons and never ever felt there are to many... But i agree on creature variety point. Anyway i want to see Black an Fairy dragons in towns, others (sour/acid breathing Rust/Golden, non flying Magma/Crystal, and Green /Emerald) could appear as at least as neutral. All the bastards are doing ...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 16:50
Topic: Lets talk about magic
Replies: 24
Views: 6259

Skill requirement still applies, so buying spells you cant use is a waste...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 16:44

Well, you still could use nonempowered spell version... What they need to do is make dmg spells scale in some way with stack numbers, so they don't become rather useless in the late game. I think hero should increase his spells dmg with every level, not just with Spell Power stat and skill proficien...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 16:16
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 11993

*Initiative system Back to H3 mechanics but with a H5-like INI bar interface. This is disappointing, as others have mentioned. Hopefully they will at least go to H4 style, where speed and movement range are separate stats. Could not agree more on that!I'm tempted to repeat again and again how disap...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 11:12

I suggest empowered spells are available to multiple factions (not necessarily all) through special perk.Hero can empower his lightning depending on his mana. Well, lets say lightning does 50 dmg normally,is a lvl3 spell and costs 8 spellpoints, hero has 30 mana.He can empower his lightning up to 70...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 29 2010, 2:28
Topic: Lets talk about magic
Replies: 24
Views: 6259

I'd like magic guilds to sell additional spells (basically any spell hero can learn) for resources and magic shrines to teach one new spell (including lower level) with higher level priority. -------------------------------------------- IMO objects and natural phenomena (like lightning, ice, fire, m...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 28 2010, 23:53
Topic: Area of Control [forts]
Replies: 62
Views: 25938

Basically, i like this feature.I'd like the possibility to leave hero in the fort (not just units, since without hero they are helpless against enemy hero).
But if you can buy army in the fort directly from your town (no time to transport), isn't it to big advantage to defender over attacker?
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 28 2010, 22:59

Yes, adjustable mana cost is very interesting to me.But we already have (in H5) mana consumption reduced by hero (sometimes creature) skills/abilities and artefacts.Some heroes, like Nur, could use low level spells unlimitedly. What i'm interested in more is possibility to increase spell damage ('em...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 28 2010, 22:16
Topic: 2 last towns almost official, it appears they killed titans
Replies: 96
Views: 28514

My biggest concern is - will there be elf town...

If jungle brings naga town, we still can see there mages and (maybe less likely) titans.
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 27 2010, 9:46

I prefer 5 unit tiers per town (with possible alternatives and /or altgrades), since there was almost no difference between some tiers (2-3 or 4-5).Four was to few in H4 and i think it's good to have mid-tier, like 'backbone' of your army, that is strong and still comes in good numbers. Units, like ...
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 27 2010, 9:03
Topic: Only 4 resources. Good or bad?
Replies: 246
Views: 56099

What if all resources are equally rare and crystal is no more precious?
If wood/ore production is 1/day and its value is the same, then resource importance is defined only by its requirement for specific town.
by SplinterHoMM
Aug 24 2010, 12:52

Well, have read all the pages, i can say that, not surprisingly to me (being a HoMM fan for 10+ years) many ideas said here had come to me also.Some before H4, some before H5, some later.Now i have pages of wishes and ideas for my favorite game, as i want it to be.At this stage (game is half made an...

Go to advanced search