Search found 100 matches

by bkknight2602
03 Nov 2011, 00:29
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: [H5 EDITOR] Troubleshooting topic
Replies: 579
Views: 223752

Re: Random town code

Is there a way to code adding respective creatures to random towns(ie peasant to random generated Haven, familiar to to a random generated Inferno etc)? I have done this with specific towns but random??? Just use the custom Town name I believe.. I could be wrong though Thanks but that doesn't work.
by bkknight2602
31 Oct 2011, 22:17

Random town code

Is there a way to code adding respective creatures to random towns(ie peasant to random generated Haven, familiar to to a random generated Inferno etc)? I have done this with specific towns but random???
by bkknight2602
03 Sep 2011, 17:34
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 260030

A new bug or game corrupt

I have a slightly different problem playing with Necros. Note normally I don't play them but in re-doing the campaigns ran into this problem, namely Necros skills DO NOT have Raise Archers as a choice of skills. Eternal Servatude, Banshee Howl and Howl of Terror are ALL availble, just not Raise Arch...
by bkknight2602
18 Jul 2011, 00:46
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Ranger → The Defense
Replies: 33
Views: 27252

The Ranger - The Defense

One critical item in this mission, that had me stumped. When the objective is to fortify(?) the garrison, the trrops MUST be in the garrison part of the town. If you have them in the front with a hero the objective is not met. After a lot of trial and error I found that by moving the hero with trrop...
by bkknight2602
29 Jun 2011, 16:34
Topic: In Regards to Maps
Replies: 16
Views: 20980

Yep that is the correct one, I didn't realize there was another "school" map. Good luck
by bkknight2602
26 Jun 2011, 19:01

I haven't played the map in some time, so some of this is from memory. There is a "special mine" north of one of the Haven towns--the more peasant you add to it the more money is generated (not just the 1000) There is a archer trining area east oof the same castle that trains archers to ma...
by bkknight2602
26 Jun 2011, 13:48

I have a question regarding a fan-made map The School . I dl'ed and is playing it because ppl say it's a good map, and the map's text file boasts how it uses new script, new effects, bla bla. "Play as the blue Academy player for the original experience," bla bla. I'm playing through this ...
by bkknight2602
26 Jun 2011, 02:05

http://www.heroesofmightandmagic.com/heroes5/original_maps.shtml http://www.heroes-fr.com/en/original_campaigns.php Have fun. I did downloaded all the campaigns from the second site and added them to the UserMODs folder, however they are not available to play. Do they all need to be placed somewher...
by bkknight2602
16 May 2011, 07:34
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 260030

Well I have a strange behavior, recently the lap top began to freeze up during any of the activities. There is an audible "buzz" from the speakers when this occurs. I visited with Alienware, and their solution was "bad chips" or bad "HDD". They sent me new and I install...
by bkknight2602
14 Apr 2011, 05:52
Topic: Can't delete maps in profile in Vista Ultimate
Replies: 9
Views: 6188

I have a similar question, concerning both Vista and Win 7. With the damn compatibility files "format", when editing games, two versions of the same game occur in the custom game files. Is there a way to delete the "history link" and start a fresh new game list?? Also does anyone...
by bkknight2602
14 Apr 2011, 05:28
Topic: The School - Brian Kelley (Melizod)
Views: 4119

I have played it a few times, but always had to "cheat" my way into the blue, would anyone let me know what series of steps were required to get there or just a portal I still couldn't find?
by bkknight2602
24 Mar 2011, 21:10
Topic: Lap top users
Replies: 30
Views: 8400

HID - Human Interface Device (in your case likely keyboard with extra buttons) - So it's ok. And so is "Standard PS/2 Keyboard" MCIR - looks like Media Center IrDa Remote keyboard (just guess). Sounds like three version of keyboards for remote control. They are unimportant. Bad is, that I...
by bkknight2602
17 Jan 2011, 19:43
Topic: How to get the console to work in HOF
Replies: 27
Views: 78097

Re: How to get the console to work in HOF

I'm going to ask hw to get the console to be enabled with my system. Let me first say I have a desktop runnng Vista with Heroes 5 Epic collection AND THE DEBUG CONSOLE WORKS FINE. I purchased a laptop (Alienware M17X) running Win7 and installed the same Heroes 5 Epic collection. After that I edited ...
by bkknight2602
07 Dec 2010, 13:02

Ah that worked, thanks.

The code worked in all but two towns on this particular map, giving the artefact after defeating the previous owner.
by bkknight2602
07 Dec 2010, 02:44

Well perhaps another Ubisoft glitch, as I continued the map and lo behold, the code worked on all towns, except two. I rechecked the names and spellings were correct, so I'm not sure what happened. I thought about another piece of code and stumped for the time being: HeroName = "True"; fun...
by bkknight2602
06 Dec 2010, 19:18

New question: I have some code to execute when a town is captured function towncapture(oldowner, newowner, herotowncapture) print("Enter town capture funtion"); if GetCurrentPlayer() == numhumanplayer then print(oldowner); print(newowner); print(herotowncapture); GiveArtefact(herotowncapt...
by bkknight2602
06 Dec 2010, 16:36

New question: I have some code to execute when a town is captured function towncapture(oldowner, newowner, herotowncapture) print("Enter town capture funtion"); if GetCurrentPlayer() == numhumanplayer then print(oldowner); print(newowner); print(herotowncapture); GiveArtefact(herotowncaptu...
by bkknight2602
02 Dec 2010, 23:59

Maybe I wasn't clear, but the code worked on ALL other heroes except Findan. The code worked on Findan on other maps, just not this one. Well I didn't solve the problem, but was able to get the code to work on Findan by making Findan as a town garrison hero instead of a field object. I knew you woul...
by bkknight2602
02 Dec 2010, 16:36

A new puzzling problem. I have written some code with the gracious help of Franzy. The problem that I am having is that the code DOES NOT WORK on one specfic hero, Findan, on one specific map(Amontillado). I spent several hours trying debug on my desk top, since I am unable to access the console on ...
by bkknight2602
30 Nov 2010, 00:54
Topic: Homm V on Windows 7
Views: 7760

Milla aka. the Slayer wrote:I have no problems running H5 on Windows 7 Home whatsoever.
Have you accessed the console on a lap top?

Go to advanced search