Search found 641 matches

by ShadowLiberal
23 Sep 2011, 23:03
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Question on Archery penalty
Replies: 3
Views: 3203

Ok, thanks for the answer Dragon. I've done a bit of experimenting since my last post. It seems that Scouts/Assassins at least seem to have a range somewhere between 8 and 10 tiles before they get the archery penalty. The game seems somewhat inconsistent between battles with the range, hence part of...
by ShadowLiberal
22 Sep 2011, 02:45
Topic: Question on Archery penalty
Replies: 3
Views: 3203

Question on Archery penalty

I've got a question about units with a long range attack. As you know, if your archers attack someone far away then they only do half their regular damage. If the opponent is close enough they do full damage. So how close does an archer have to be to do full damage? Is it different for different typ...
by ShadowLiberal
21 Sep 2011, 00:12
Forum: Articles
Topic: The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh
Replies: 55
Views: 47302

The Necromancer → The Lord of Heresh

I just beat this on patch 1.6, so here's my advice. I didn't rush to storm Godric right away. At first I slowly fought my way to claiming the mines and raising more dead troops. I fought off the two orange heroes when they showed up. I then sat around for a couple of weeks grabbing treasures, and ra...
by ShadowLiberal
19 Sep 2011, 02:39
Topic: Markal - How should I build him?
Replies: 5
Views: 15852

Crux I agree that Chilling Bones isn't worth it, I've seen no more then 35 damage get done from that. Cold Steel on the other hand does seem worthwhile, though it doesn't consistently add 10% to your damage like the skill wheel says. Still, I've seen it add a couple hundred points of damage for very...
by ShadowLiberal
15 Sep 2011, 22:03
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 142
Views: 260687

I don't see this mentioned anywhere. In the final Haven mission in the original Heroes 5, it's possible for Agrael to attack your hero with legions of troops if you get in his way at the end of the level when he's heading towards Nicolai. This happened to me the very first time I played through the ...
by ShadowLiberal
13 Sep 2011, 21:40
Topic: Your favourite faction?
Replies: 28
Views: 14241

I prefer Inferno/demons, but Necropolis/Undead are a close second. The reason I go for Demons in their gating ability, at higher levels I've won battles with my demonlords entirely through gated units & archers. No other side can compare to that. The only thing that sucks for demons is their lac...
by ShadowLiberal
22 Aug 2011, 01:54
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: When's the best week to build a dragons cave (HOMM3 dungeon)
Replies: 7
Views: 4535

Personally I'd go for upgrading to a capital & castle first. I find that usually whenever I rush to build up all my troop generating buildings that I tend to become so broke that I can't afford to recruit most of them. That's why I tend to rush up to a capital my very first week in Heroes 3. Sur...
by ShadowLiberal
21 Aug 2011, 18:53
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Armsmaster not working with Unarmed in M&M7?
Replies: 17
Views: 9850

Ok so it's a bug, but I disagree that armsmaster wasn't met to work with unarmed. If it was never intended to work with armsmaster then why would basic & expert armsmaster skill benefits work with unarmed? Balance wise it also makes sense for armsmaster to work with unarmed, since Monks are prim...
by ShadowLiberal
21 Aug 2011, 15:20

If unarmed isn't a melee weapon then why do the other armsmaster bonuses work on unarmed then (namely lower recovery time & added attack bonus)?

Basic and expert armsmaster bonuses work fine on unarmed. It's just master bonuses that aren't working.
by ShadowLiberal
21 Aug 2011, 13:00

Armsmaster not working with Unarmed in M&M7?

I was playing a game of might and magic 7 soloing a monk, and just got up to armsmaster master, when I noticed that the armsmaster skill doesn't seem to be fully working with the unarmed skill. Specifically, according to the skill description, ' Master: Skill added to the damage of all melee weapons...
by ShadowLiberal
06 Apr 2010, 00:19
Topic: No Music with Grayface 1.9.3?
Replies: 2
Views: 1724

I'm having different problems with music myself in MM6 and have Grayface's patch installed, except I don't really think it's Grayface's patch's fault, as I've had similar problems before. My music in MM6 skips at times (playing no sound for half a second then working like normal again), but I've had...
by ShadowLiberal
04 Apr 2010, 13:29
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 412378

Oh alright, now I get it. I just tried using a spear alone and my spear skill was added to my attack bonus like it should. I just didn't understand how the damage/skill formula worked. Why should it be easier to hit something with both weapons at once, than with only one of those weapons? It doesn't...
by ShadowLiberal
03 Apr 2010, 21:45
Topic: How does AC effect damage you take from monsters?
Views: 5322

"Ultimate" to the top spot The reason why 250 in MM3-5 is Ultimate is restriction of all primary skills values by 1 byte (sorry, 2 bytes: base value and bonus). In MM6-9 values above 250 probably cannot be reached without cheating. So names of those levels can be even further than Ultimat...
by ShadowLiberal
03 Apr 2010, 15:21
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 412378

I just installed M&M6 and this patch on my Windows 7 computer and I'm also noticing that spears don't get your spear skill added to your attack bonus like the description says it should. Also maybe it's on purpose, I don't know, but wielding 2 swords gives me the same attack bonus as wielding ju...
by ShadowLiberal
03 Apr 2010, 00:29

Here's the part about it. Chance To Hit and Resistances Chance that your character will hit monster is (15 + PlayerAttack*2)/(30 + PlayerAttack*2 + MonsterArmorClass). Chance that monster will hit your character in a physic attack is (5 + MonsterLevel*2)/(10 + MonsterLevel*2 + PlayerArmorClass). Res...
by ShadowLiberal
02 Apr 2010, 20:24

Thanks for the link tolich. Now I see the benefit of 100+ AC pretty clearly when laying out the formulas in excel.
by ShadowLiberal
02 Apr 2010, 13:45

How does AC effect damage you take from monsters?

Does anyone know the formula for how your character's AC effects the damage they receive when monsters attack them in MM 6 & 7? Maybe it's just me, but in all of my times of playing through the game I haven't ever really noticed a difference when I upgrade to much better armor giving me +30 AC c...
by ShadowLiberal
28 Mar 2010, 19:52
Topic: Your thoughts on M&M 8 and 9
Replies: 34
Views: 11619

I've never really gotten past the first island in M&M8, I just get frustrated and bored and quit because of how powerful all the enemies are, and I didn't really like the whole having people join you thing. M&M9 was a bad joke for so many reasons, some of which I'm surprised no one has menti...
by ShadowLiberal
28 Mar 2010, 14:01
Topic: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!
Replies: 58
Views: 35058

MM7: impossible. How would you get rid of goblins without killing them? Get the golem pieces. In the late game you can use light elements for quests where you have to kill someone (you're just calling in 'professional diplomats') You can also use healing magic on others outside of your party, such ...
by ShadowLiberal
27 Mar 2010, 23:01
Topic: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!
Replies: 58
Views: 35058

Dont see how this can be done, unless theres a lot of multilooting and reloading involved, in which case one merely cheats the game. Here's how I did it in MM6 - https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=622 Its been 10 years or so since I last played MM6 and 8 so I cant really rememb...

Go to advanced search