Search found 117 matches

by Bethel
04 Jul 2006, 04:11
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: #Why can't I learn/cast...
Replies: 6
Views: 2625

Check out Zoltan's special ability. There is a chance every time you cast a spell that Zoltan will prevent you from casting that spell again during that battle. Okay - these answers explain everything. Thanks so much! It's a loser map. Unfortunately, there aren't a whole lot of the extra-large (my ...
by Bethel
03 Jul 2006, 22:36
Topic: #Why can't I learn/cast...
Replies: 6
Views: 2625

#Why can't I learn/cast...

Okay, so my hero has expert level in 4 different magic types, and I can't learn Town Gate from my mage guild?? Also, with two different heroes I've been unable to cast particular spells in battle. Both times, I had cast the spell at least once (Resurrection/Raise Dead) and then, with plenty of spell...
by Bethel
26 Jun 2006, 16:59
Topic: Sylvian camp map 1: bug?
Replies: 2
Views: 1718

I did too. It's still not happening.
by Bethel
26 Jun 2006, 02:34
Topic: Sylvian camp map 1: bug?
Replies: 2
Views: 1718

Sylvian camp map 1: bug?

This is Freelance, Bethel's son. I've been trying to get through Findan's first map, the one with the garissons. The first time I played through, the demons showed up. since I spent my army on filling up the garissons, I had none to fight her when she broke through. so I changed tactics and been hol...
by Bethel
23 Jun 2006, 22:32
Topic: The little things you miss from previous HOMM games
Replies: 104
Views: 25738

Of all the things I miss, I miss the caravan the most. The best thing to come out of H4, and they left it out of H5. Now I have to hire a hero to do nothing but run around collecting creatures on a weekly basis. The least they could have been done was to have creatures accumulate until you could get...
by Bethel
20 Jun 2006, 17:53
Topic: Sylvan Campaign Mission 5 - The Vampire Lord 5-5, 5:5 Guide
Replies: 51
Views: 20750

Also, if you can get him to attack you in a town, take out his catapult and then start working on anything that can shoot/fly.

I have Resurrection - couldn' t have won without it, I think.
by Bethel
08 Jun 2006, 22:14
Topic: patch not installing
Replies: 11
Views: 3971

Does the game need to be registered before applying the patch? It won't let me register the game without logging in, and when I put in my e-mail address and birthdate, it says it doesn't match what they have in my system. Don't have my old password and it doesn't recognize the one I normally use. Do...
by Bethel
02 Jun 2006, 07:16
Topic: Ubisoft Support Answers
Replies: 54
Views: 120529

Eureka!!

anyone else have problems with radeon 9700pro GPU? I ran windows update and should have the latest versions of all my stuff, and I installed DirectX 9.0c from game, but alas! No luck, :-\ Anyone with this problem manage to figure it out yet? I really want to play! Did you guys go to UBI's support a...
by Bethel
31 May 2006, 05:54
Topic: Ubisoft Support Answers
Replies: 54
Views: 120529

I'm having the same problem. I have 9.0c from Oblivion and can't load it from the H5 DVD. From the 'Help - Game crashes after Loadbar is Complete' chain: Okay - I went to the MicroSoft site and downloaded the latest and greatest, then did a search for anything d3dx9 related. Interesting thing - my s...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 20:21
Topic: Need Help. Game crashes after loadbar is complete
Replies: 45
Views: 15440

I just find it sad that I *just* bought this laptop, and it is supposed to be made for decent gaming, yet it cannot support this game. I left the support team a message, but I am most likely going to return the game. It is not worth the frustration, and the limited support in video cards for the ga...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 20:11

Haven't tried calling them, as in my experience that turns into about 3 hours of wasted time. Plus, I don't have a number to reach them at. I did try leaving them an e-mail: "I've tried sending the support staff an email, but although they make note that my e-mail is on record they don't recogn...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 19:48

Okay - I went to the MicroSoft site and downloaded the latest and greatest, then did a search for anything d3dx9 related. Interesting thing - my system has d3dx9_27, where what the game is looking for is d3dx9_25, which is in the directory with the demo version of H5. If I copy and paste ..._25 into...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 19:10

So what do I do now? Obviously, I've installed 9.0c (see DX Diag above) and have had no problem running Oblivion. And even if H5 didn't recognize it as already being on the drive, why wouldn't it load from the DVD?

I'm so confused...
:|
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 18:45

Messages crossing in transit - see my new question. ;|
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 18:29

What's SP2? But I'm pretty sure I don't have it. Service Pack 2 for Windows XP. Right click on My Computer/Proprieties. It should tell you what SP you have. No, it just gives me options for my Task Bar and Start Menu. However, my husband keeps things pretty up-to-date, and I've only had this comput...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 18:19
Topic: A fanmade campaign/sequel to the old storyline ?
Replies: 49
Views: 14644

let's keep the old universe alive - why not continue making it for H4?
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 18:00
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Any other "old farts" playing HMM here?
Replies: 63
Views: 22695

Well, older than most of you, but that's all I'll admit to in the given description. ;) I started with an Apple ][+ (circa 1978), playing Adventure!, most of the Zorks and related games, Akalabeth (the first of Lord British's Ultima line) and many of the initial lo-res graphic games. Shoot, who'd ev...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 17:50
Topic: Week of...
Replies: 28
Views: 6582

Is the 'Week of...' decided at the turn of the day, or earlier? (In H3, if you reloaded you might get a new selection, in WoG it was decided by day 2 of the week.) If the former, this would allow for reloading if you were getting a terrible choice.
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 17:43

And I'm still trying to find out why the DirectDX 9.0c won't load off the H5 disk. For a game I'm not all that impressed by from playing the demo, I'm going through an awful lot of expense and irritation to get it to be playable. Were it not for Freelance thinking that I'll enjoy it once I get used...
by Bethel
29 May 2006, 17:30

ThunderTitan wrote:
Bethel wrote:And I'm still trying to find out why the DirectDX 9.0c won't load off the H5 disk.
Do you have SP2 instaled? I had to format to get DX 9.0c on the PC.

What's SP2? But I'm pretty sure I don't have it.

Go to advanced search