Search found 117 matches

by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 05:07
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Pet Peeves
Replies: 192
Views: 35379

spelling mistakes in the everyday world - in menu's and signboards and the like People who don't know the difference between plural and possessive forms. Menues. ;) 90s (not 90's, unless you meant it belongs to that time frame) it's versus its (if 'it is' isn't right, then neither is it's) It's act...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 22:30
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 200091

I just lost a whole message re: Terry Pratchett and how good he is. Rather than retype it, just let me say that if you like humorous but meaningful Fantasy, read him. I'm currently reading _Valley of the Soul_ by Tamara Siler Jones. This is the third in her Mystery/Fantasy series. This is *NOT* humo...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 22:05
Topic: The American Football Thread
Replies: 414
Views: 79405

Yeah, I gotta say that Seattle's backup Seneca Wallace is a pretty cool guy. ;) Plus the fact that he's a Sacramento native gives me a little more reason to root for him. It's great to see him have a chance. He should have one more game before Matthew comes back, as SF shouldn't be much of a challe...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 21:53
Topic: TV shows (Spoilers!)
Replies: 1438
Views: 256645

It's fun to try to figure out who the villains are - apparently there's a question regarding the cheerleader's father... Seeing how he hasn't actualy done anything that would really make him a villain as far as we saw and he does seem to care for Claire it's definatly not clear. Frankly i'm hoping ...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 21:35
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 354824

_The Prestige_ was very good - you really have to pay attention though, as there are a lot of flashbacks/time changes. I did see one of the major 'surprises' coming, but the others did their jobs and took me by surprise. On the other hand, I'm more than happy to wait for the film to tell its story a...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 21:22

What about us annoying lazy schmucks that dont want to use apostrophes? :devious: You must hate my guts :devil: Nah - I just blame that on laziness and ignore you... :D I read a great bumper sticker this weekend: Forget world peace - Visualize using your turn signals One of my absolute pet peeves. ...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 21:07

stefan.urlus wrote: spelling mistakes in the everyday world - in menu's and signboards and the like
People who don't know the difference between plural and possessive forms.

Menues. ;)

90s (not 90's, unless you meant it belongs to that time frame)

it's versus its (if 'it is' isn't right, then neither is it's)
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 20:53
Topic: TV shows (Spoilers!)
Replies: 1438
Views: 256645

Heroes is getting better, but it has been hard to follow and keeps bouncing around in the schedule. Those are bad signs. Best new show, I think, is Studio 60. Well written, great cast, fast paced. Heroes - Monday at 9pm, right before Studio 60. The only 2 shows I make sure to see every week. If it'...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 20:35
Topic: What's the weather like?
Replies: 2334
Views: 315266

Autumn has set in - Gray and cool, but no wind blowing yet. Getting on into the end of the month and December we should be getting some major storms. Of course, it doesn't really feel like winter until the tule fog sets in. Sacramento's version of a white Christmas. B-)
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 20:27
Topic: The American Football Thread
Replies: 414
Views: 79405

College - UDub Dawgs (Huskies) as it's my nephew's alma mater, and he played on the team. Not that I watch the games, I'm just happy when they win. Pro - AFC - KC Chiefs - My husband's home town, I have to root for them except when they play my absolute favorite - NFC - Seahawks!!! Right now, my hon...
by Bethel
13 Nov 2006, 20:08
Topic: Spiderman 3
Replies: 122
Views: 16147

After seeing the promo, I can't wait to see the movie. Spidey got me back into reading comics after I had quit when they went up to $.25 way back when, so I have a particularly soft spot in my heart for him. I loved what they did with Doc Ock - any writer who can make him a sympathetic character has...
by Bethel
12 Nov 2006, 23:51
Forum: News
Topic: Patch 1.4 is coming...
Replies: 95
Views: 22800

The Mad Dragon wrote:Yea, I always did hate having other heroes running around. Hell, I hate having more than one because I hate splitting up units, but that's just me
Nah - it's not just you.

:hoo:
by Bethel
30 Oct 2006, 16:44
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Resurrection 1.3
Replies: 30
Views: 6578

Thank you all for your responses. I have saved the mod. There have been a few others I've downloaded, including the one which corrects the spelling error. That always drove me crazy, spell-checker that I am...
:)
by Bethel
30 Oct 2006, 01:35
Topic: We all played HOMM V for some time and it's time to choose..
Replies: 199
Views: 51105

Necropolis.

I love getting free troops. :D

And I've always liked my upgraded Vampires.
by Bethel
30 Oct 2006, 01:27
Topic: Resurrection 1.3
Replies: 30
Views: 6578

Resurrection 1.3

I've tried to find anything specific to this question and didn't see anything. When I Resurrect stacks, even though my spellbook says I should be able to bring back 700+ points of health, I get limited to the number of creatures I would be able to resurrect if they were at their peak hit points. i.e...
by Bethel
29 Oct 2006, 22:27
Topic: More maps we have, yes!
Replies: 11
Views: 3356

More maps we have, yes!

I finished _Fury of the Elements_ and gave it an 8. The use of gates and elevations was brilliant, in my opinion. However, there was no need to go through the yellow gate to complete the map. I'm of the school of thought that 'if you show a gun in act one, it needs to be intregal to the plot by the ...
by Bethel
11 Oct 2006, 09:21
Topic: VE Report: Girls Do It Online
Replies: 24
Views: 6842

VE Report: Girls Do It Online

I don't play online for a couple of reasons - 1) You generally have to pay a fee (at least for MMORPGs) and I feel that once I've bought a game I shouldn't have to incur additional costs to play it. 2) When I did play online, back in the BBS days, it became way too addictive. At least now I'm able t...
by Bethel
04 Oct 2006, 02:01
Topic: Heroes at the Crossroads
Replies: 31
Views: 10142

Heroes at the Crossroads

I thought I read something about Caravans being implemented. Was I wrong, or am I just not seeing it? The best thing from H4* and it wasn't brought along. (sigh) Is there any way to make random maps? They'd have to be scriptless, I would presume... *in this player's opinion. Your milage may vary.
by Bethel
18 Sep 2006, 00:06
Topic: Can't install patches
Replies: 9
Views: 3366

I get the same message, have the Collector's copy and downloaded heroes_might_magic_5_us_101.exe from GameStop. When it didn't run from the main folder, I put all 3 patches in the Bin folder. I would really prefer not to have to uninstall/reinstall if not necessary. Is there a different patch for th...
by Bethel
04 Jul 2006, 04:22
Topic: The things that we really LIKE about H5
Replies: 46
Views: 12454

Nobody's mentioned the ability to click on a location and have the computer find the shortest route, even if it's through the underground and/or portals. (provided, of course, that the course has been explored) I *really* like that! It makes getting around the map (and I prefer the larger ones) so m...

Go to advanced search