Search found 117 matches

by Bethel
22 Nov 2006, 18:06
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 354935

Went to see _Happy Feet_ on Monday with my mother-in-law. Really cute movie, and it definately got my feet tapping. Only problem was that apparently all the schools were taking the entire Thanksgiving Week off, and the place was full of children who hadn't been taught to listen and not talk (or to t...
by Bethel
22 Nov 2006, 17:05
Topic: What are you currently reading?
Replies: 618
Views: 200190

stefan.urlus wrote:???? TT, you are a very odd person

Exile's Return now ....
Who's the author of this? I presume it's part of a series.

The title sounds familiar.
by Bethel
20 Nov 2006, 05:09
Topic: Seen any good movies lately?
Replies: 2813
Views: 354935

What's really fun is to go alone to the first showing on a weekday at a small theater complex. More than likely, you will have the whole place to yourself! Doesn't even need to be a small complex. I went to see _Flushed Away_ at a midday/midweek showing and I think there were 4 people besides me th...
by Bethel
20 Nov 2006, 04:43
Topic: The American Football Thread
Replies: 414
Views: 79433

Go Arizona!

And my guys couldn't stop a run during the first half if you had blindfolded the runner and put him on crutches. But even at the very end, Seneca had a chance to bring it on home. :(

Holmgren will probably hear it for not putting Matt in.
by Bethel
17 Nov 2006, 21:39
Topic: What's the weather like?
Replies: 2334
Views: 315373

Heavy clouds, rain possible. Not so much of a problem now that my windshield wipers have been fixed.

Rain expected over Thanksgiving. Bummer.
by Bethel
17 Nov 2006, 20:52

Omega_Destroyer wrote:I'm giving it to Arizona. I have complete faith in the Lions ability to absolutely blow a game when they are winning.
Keeping in mind the games that Arizona has given away after building huge leads, I think even the Lions may have a chance.

I so wanted Az to beat the Bears!
by Bethel
16 Nov 2006, 17:42

Two current books 1) _Goblin Quest_ by Jim C. Hines. Fantasy Adventure told from the goblin's point of view. 2) _Batman: Inferno_ by Alex Irvine. What would happen if the Joker found the Batman's cave and made off with various of his equipment, including the Batmobile? Takes place during year 2, app...
by Bethel
15 Nov 2006, 22:33
Topic: Spiderman 3
Replies: 122
Views: 16151

I always found that version of Doc Ock to be boring to the max. In Spdey 2 he was written in such a way that I could find sympathy for the character, which I hadn't previously believed possible. Different roads, different milage. Maybe it's a guy/girl thing... Pls, they've been doing the sympatheti...
by Bethel
15 Nov 2006, 18:41
Topic: Need Avatar
Replies: 9
Views: 3466

Thank you so much for the offer - I'll stick w/Erica. My old avatar was from the 3DO boards, and I'm not sure where they got it. I had errings then, now I have a headband. It's all good. B-)
by Bethel
15 Nov 2006, 18:31
Topic: Spiderman 3
Replies: 122
Views: 16151

I prefer my Doc Ock as an amoral scientist that's after revenge or money for experiments. I always found that version of Doc Ock to be boring to the max. In Spdey 2 he was written in such a way that I could find sympathy for the character, which I hadn't previously believed possible. Different road...
by Bethel
15 Nov 2006, 18:27

Well, I decided to have an 'extreme make-over'. Jenova was the closest I had found to my old avatar, which is not a current selection. I decided that since I always play Erica Fade in H4, I might as well use her. At least this way I get to wear some of my pirate jewelry again. :)
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 23:12

Woot!!

Thanks so much! How long has that option been there? (Probably forever...)
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 22:49

Need Avatar

Pretend I know nothing about where to go and how to get an Avatar. (Mainly because I don't). I really miss 3DO, where they had pages of them you could choose from. No muss, no fuss - just a pic I could identify with.

sigh...

Thanks.
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 22:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Titan evolution
Replies: 56
Views: 29898

Voted H4 for looks, but my heart belongs to H3.
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 22:42

No, it's been a couple of weeks, and a few hundred miles (especially after a 300 mile round trip to a weekend convention). Warrenty law states that if you complain about a problem before the warrenty expires, that problem remains under coverage even after the warrenty ends, though. Since it got fixe...
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 22:36
Topic: Pirates of the Carribean Movies
Replies: 14
Views: 3181

Loved number one, not so crazy with what they're doing on the relationship side in number two. But anytime you combine Johnny Depp AND Orlando Bloom in a movie, I'll be there. :applause: (They really need a drooling emoticon) Did everyone (anyone?) else stay through all the credits for the end scene?
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 05:57
Topic: Pet Peeves
Replies: 192
Views: 35421

stefan.urlus wrote:well at least I got it, but enough of the grammar police already!
So that's what - one of your pet peeves?
:devil:
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 05:36

Feet of clay is my next target.Maskarade is behind me now. Have you tried any of his Juveniles? He has the "Johnny" series (3 books in that one), _The Amazing Maurice and his Amazing Rodents_, _Wee Free Men_ and _A Hat Full of Sky_, and of course his children's book, _Where is my Cow_, wh...
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 05:29

Vlad976 wrote:If you really wanna see what Seneca's capable of, check this out.
They were talking about that run on the radio broadcast of the game (Thank you, Field Pass). Absolutely incredible!!
Thanks for the link to the film of it.
by Bethel
14 Nov 2006, 05:22

Rain has set in and my windshield wipers have gone on the fritz. Hopefully, this will be covered under warranty, as they went out the first time while the warranty was in effect. Of course, that means having a break in the rain so I can take it in to the dealer, and there should be a big storm movin...

Go to advanced search