Search found 117 matches

by Bethel
24 Dec 2006, 17:44
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Placed vs Timed Events / Troop Losses
Replies: 5
Views: 4394

I don't think I'll have more than 5 instances, as that's how many computer kingdoms are on the top level.

On the other hand, if I can't figure out what the 'sprite not found' error is, it may all become a moot point.

:|
by Bethel
24 Dec 2006, 17:41
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: H3 (WoG)- Landscaping and Artifact Placement
Replies: 7
Views: 5047

This is really irritating - I've tried about 5 different names, of which I'm sure at least one is unique, and it keeps telling me that they are all taken and I need to put a number after them. Is there some criteria for entering a name that the site doesn't clarify? Otherwise, is there *any* other p...
by Bethel
24 Dec 2006, 07:20
Topic: Sprite Resource Error
Replies: 3
Views: 7157

Sprite Resource Error

As soon as I arrived 'upstairs' in my map, I got the following:

ResourceManager:: GetSprite could not find the Sprite Resource (tm)

(Actually, it's at the beginning of the next day)

WoG map. Anybody have any ideas?

Thanks,
B.
by Bethel
24 Dec 2006, 04:13

Is this also available at the WoG site? I don't see any option to update the map editor. I checked my directory, and it looks like I have the one from 9/2001. I've updated to 3.58f and have updated to the newest scripts, but it doesn't look like the maped got touched. And the site you referred me to...
by Bethel
24 Dec 2006, 01:44

H3 (WoG)- Landscaping and Artifact Placement

1) Is there anyway to paint a landscape other than to individually place all trees, mountains, flowers, etc (although perhaps if I just place brush dots and work with that - okay, that should take care of landscaping) but what about resources, artifacts, etc - is it possible to highlight an area and...
by Bethel
23 Dec 2006, 22:52

Which ever one is easiest. I was just looking at ERM Scripting for Dummies and it looked like I would have to put something in timed events. If I do it as a random chance once V hits the surface the script would have to know when she goes back underground. Otherwise, if I place blue events I would n...
by Bethel
23 Dec 2006, 22:27

Placed vs Timed Events / Troop Losses

I'm making a WoG map with a necromancer hero. I want her to lose forces occasionally when she hits the sunlight, but there is no way of knowing exactly when this will happen in gameplay. Is there a way of placing an event with a troop loss script? And of course, the hard part, as I don't do anything...
by Bethel
23 Dec 2006, 19:04
Topic: WoG Lives On! 3.58f script update and new site!
Replies: 41
Views: 92286

I've been away for a bit due to extremely bad weather where I live, but it's good to see the updates are now available. The changes that have been made to the updates are indeed more stable then before and the game seems more fluid as a result. I may want to remind people that it is next to impossi...
by Bethel
23 Dec 2006, 19:00

That when I'm in an Inferno town and want to Castle Gate to another Inferno town, I'm given the status of the Blacksmith. This also happens in Dungeon towns when I want to buy creatures from the creature portal, tho' I can at least buy them by going into the fort/citadel/castle proper. It should be...
by Bethel
10 Dec 2006, 21:45

ad 2. What do you mean precisely? That when I'm in an Inferno town and want to Castle Gate to another Inferno town, I'm given the status of the Blacksmith. This also happens in Dungeon towns when I want to buy creatures from the creature portal, tho' I can at least buy them by going into the fort/c...
by Bethel
09 Dec 2006, 18:21

A couple of odd things I've run into:
1) Some of my commanders are into negative magic resistance, even with Grandmaster Magic Skill
2) In the Inferno towns, the game doesn't recognize the difference between the Blacksmith and the Castle Gate.
by Bethel
04 Dec 2006, 21:13

I've downloaded the script updates and have only had two full freezes since, compared to uncounted times previously. (And with the second one, I was able to exit easily. Don't know if I could have on the first, as I automatically hit <cntl-alt-del>.) I really enjoy the increased stability. I do miss...
by Bethel
26 Nov 2006, 22:40
Forum: Campfire
Topic: What's the weather like?
Replies: 2334
Views: 321781

Cool and rainy, with snow expected in the mountains. Skiers (and snowboarders) are waiting impatiently.
by Bethel
26 Nov 2006, 22:20
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Caravans
Replies: 18
Views: 5084

Well usually one of the following has happened. 1 the units can not be included in the destination (you have all upgraded units there or split units or something and they are unupgraded), blocked by a hero, or blocked by creatures. So, in order to determine which ones have stopped moving I suggest ...
by Bethel
26 Nov 2006, 22:08
Topic: HoF - Creature Dwellings - Bug?
Views: 1803

Re: HoF - Creature Dwellings - Bug?

Can you be more specific in terms of where they won't allow you to recruit creatures? Can you even enter the dwellings in the first place? If so, does the "hire (all) creatures" appear "black" in the dwelling menu? Apologies if this sounds lame, but see that you have room/resour...
by Bethel
25 Nov 2006, 18:06
Topic: HoF - Creature Dwellings - Bug?
Views: 1803

HoF - Creature Dwellings - Bug?

I'm running into creature dwellings where I'm not allowed to hire the creatures. It's happened in a fan-made map and a few different Mission maps, particularly Spy and Break-Out.

Has anyone else run into this? Is this a map-maker's option to drive the rest of us crazy?

:|
by Bethel
25 Nov 2006, 17:54
Topic: Pet Peeves
Replies: 192
Views: 35950

A story of my brother's:
He was visiting our youngest sister, and her daughter was listening to a remake of _MTA_. Amanda was totally blown away when my brother started singing along.

I believe he then introduced her to the original Kingston Trio version.
by Bethel
25 Nov 2006, 17:51
Topic: Curse of the Black Pearl vs. Dead Man's Chest
Replies: 31
Views: 4992

I enjoyed both movies, but was disappointed by the writers' choice to make a 'love triangle' relationship in DMC.
by Bethel
25 Nov 2006, 17:22

I can never understand them.Especially my mother.I have to close the windows whenever she is at home,even though it is so hot(10+outdoors,up to 20 inside). Same problem here, any known solution to squash the bug? I tried learning her but.... Give her a few more years, then she'll be opening doors a...
by Bethel
22 Nov 2006, 18:09

Gray, gloomy with a chance of rain.

On the other hand, it's going -20 to -33 (F) in Fairbanks (Alaska). I'll take my 60s, thank you very much. B-)

Go to advanced search