Search found 117 matches

by Bethel
29 May 2006, 17:12
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Need Help. Game crashes after loadbar is complete
Replies: 45
Views: 15551

And I'm still trying to find out why the DirectDX 9.0c won't load off the H5 disk. For a game I'm not all that impressed by from playing the demo, I'm going through an awful lot of expense and irritation to get it to be playable. Were it not for Freelance thinking that I'll enjoy it once I get used ...
by Bethel
28 May 2006, 05:23

Well, this is the answer you would get: "If you receive any error messages pertaining to the file "d3dx9_25.dll", please follow the directions below: In order to resolve this problem, you will need to install the version of DirectX 9.0c that is on the game disk (Disk 1). This will up...
by Bethel
27 May 2006, 17:11

I've uninstalled and re-installed the game, I have a brand new Radeon X1300 video card (shoot, I can play Oblivion with graphics cranked up), my DXDIAG says I have DirectDX 9.0c, I've tried installing the DirectDX from the disk - at least twice, and I still get that stupid Error: d3dx9_25.dll Entry ...
by Bethel
09 Feb 2006, 02:07
Forum: Articles
Topic: Light Magic
Replies: 18
Views: 7618

Light Magic

Deflect Arrows - I don't know if it's a typo here, or in the official information, but 'recieve' should be 'receive'.

And in Dispell, 'against' is missing the t.

Spell-checking (in more ways than one). :)
by Bethel
18 Jan 2006, 05:46
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 99
Views: 102071

Also, I have my maps set to have monsters gain no experience, yet they still are. Is this option not available as long as my creatures can gain experience, or is this a bug? Sounds like a bug to me. As for updating- this is more of a list of things that will be fixed upon the release on the next pa...
by Bethel
17 Jan 2006, 02:58
Forum: Wake of Gods
Topic: Buglist
Replies: 99
Views: 102071

script49.erm (Henchmen) ¤ War Machine/First Aid healing bug fixed. Resurrection now works too. I presume that this means that when I use my tents on my henchmen, they won't die anymore? Also, I have my maps set to have monsters gain no experience, yet they still are. Is this option not available as ...
by Bethel
09 Jan 2006, 07:19
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Somebody's Watching Me
Replies: 31
Views: 12783

Somebody's Watching Me

Perhaps it's HoMM's version of speed chess. :)
by Bethel
24 Dec 2005, 21:45
Forum: Articles
Topic: Academy Creatures
Replies: 71
Views: 24697

Tundra is anything but plain. It is filled with very low-lying plants, however, so anyone who looks for a variety of plant heights could be forgiven for thinking it is. As to temperature variation, it can go from 90s in the summer to -40 in the winter, depending on the latitude. (all temp Farenheit)...
by Bethel
27 Aug 2005, 17:04
Forum: News
Topic: New Maps for your Mods
Replies: 7
Views: 3794

And before someone says, "What, you didn't see *right there* that it said Equiliibris?", no, I tried downloading from the map directly, and didn't read the comments before posting.

As I said, 'My bad."

sigh... Platinum Moment
by Bethel
27 Aug 2005, 17:01

Okay - didn't realize it was an Equilibris.

My bad.

So, is Equilibris worth upgrading? I got one of the early versions, but since all it did was change some of the settings for H4, and I was expecting another WoG - except for H4, I wasn't that impressed and have never used it since.
by Bethel
27 Aug 2005, 00:35

Clarification - I'm speaking of War of Eranol.
by Bethel
26 Aug 2005, 04:22

There seems to be some type of problem with this download - I can't open it in the editor, and it won't load as a playable map from the game itself.

Can someone else check it out?
by Bethel
22 Jun 2005, 05:53
Topic: New H4 Campaign and SP Map
Replies: 16
Views: 7208

Thanks, Koni, but the problem was in getting to the middle. Finally found an open path and have finished the campaign. rboy 3 - the armor will be carried by a Red Hero who will come through a hidden one-way exit. (You can find it by looking for the Portal symbols when you 'View' the map.) Make sure ...
by Bethel
20 Jun 2005, 07:07

Ucel, did you re-visit the dwarf king after you delivered the presents to his son?

And if anyone has a clue re: the Black Maze, i'd be grateful.
by Bethel
18 Jun 2005, 22:38

Armor of Life, map 5 of Sorcerer King - Can't find anything, including the bomb in the editor. Also, in map 4 it took me about a month of just hitting 'end turn' to get enough vampires. Fortunately, I was reminded that the description on the Undead Transformer isn't totally accurate. Perhaps some me...
by Bethel
04 May 2005, 01:35
Topic: E3: Your Questions to Ubisoft
Replies: 2
Views: 2389

With a 3D perspective and movable camera angles, how will this affect people who are prone to motion sickness? I have a tendency to get vertigo while playing games such as Morrowind .
by Bethel
30 Apr 2005, 18:24
Topic: 100th Map Review!
Replies: 1
Views: 2057

Qrystal Dragon is a her.

Go to advanced search