Search found 71 matches

by Jymbob
Apr 25 2010, 16:39
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: MM6 & MM7: Shield (the Air Magic spell)
Replies: 19
Views: 8568

I just know that in MM7, "Shield" slows down the arrows, Blades and metalsplinters, cause I can see them in front of me hanging in the air if I have "shield" on and some monsters cast those spells or fire arrows at me.
by Jymbob
Apr 25 2010, 8:40
Topic: MM6 - Cursed. What exactly does it do?
Replies: 21
Views: 10716

For the various conditions in MM7:

http://shrines.rpgclassics.com/pc/mm7/status.shtml

This page is btw great for MM7 players, theres IMO only a few fauls in the instructor list, else its perfect...
by Jymbob
Apr 25 2010, 8:36
Topic: MM6 & MM7: Shield (the Air Magic spell)
Replies: 19
Views: 8568

In MM7 the spell "Shield" protects against arrows and spells like "Blades" and "Sharpmetal", but not against the elemental damage....
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:39
Topic: MM7 - playing the Light path (spoilers included)
Replies: 16
Views: 8364

Well thats all nine teams. Easiest team: Clerics (so easy it quickly became boring) Hardest team: Thieves (no healing, only Expert in Body Building, the Eeofol tunnel was messy) Biggest surprice, positive: The druids (I really became to like those four buggers), the second half of rangers run was al...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:39

4xSorcerer: I admit I'm not good at using sorcerers, my standard tactic is often just to buff up with all the good spells I can then to meele and hope for the best. With four sorcerers thats not a good tactic and I ended using invisibility alot until all four learned paralyze and the game became pre...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:38

4xClerics: As I thought this run was the easiest of them all. All four got Expert Body Magic in Harmondale and regeneration and healing saved them. This was the only game I played where I just cleaned out Harmondale and took the quests in the "right" order. 1. Promotion: The chests in that...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:37

4xDruids: I picked four dwarves and maxed the constitution (did the same with the sorcerers and clerics) for good HP. For some reason I had feared the low HP and AC was going to be a trouble but those four little buggers with Master in all magic and 8 fast daggers never had any trouble. 1. Promotion...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:36

4xArchers: The combination of no healing skills and low HP was a trouble in the start, I hired some healers and managed. The tunnel to Eeofol was a fantastic run though. 4 x GM archers with Haste can actually shoot a ancient behemout so fast that it cant get in meele with them. 1. Promotion: Easily ...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:35

4xRangers: Very hard and troublesome in the start, if I ever wanted to do that again, I'll go expert daggers first and wait with the axes untill I can go Master or ever GM in them. 1. Promotion: easiest in the game, enough sayd. 2. Promotion: Getting the gem needed can be troublesome, I admit I used...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:34

4xpaladins: One of the easiest runs, all four learned Master in Body Magic so I never had trouble with HP, they are slow but all could paralyze pretty good (4 x 25% chance in the end). NPC's were like the Knights. 1. Promotion: I have saved all the wands I had found on the way to the dragon, so all ...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:33

4xmonks: Where I have to think on how to spend my skillpoints with the thieves, it was easy with the monks, such few things they can, but they are real good at what they do..Npc's were the same as knights and thieves (yes, I love wizards eye) 1 promotion: Tried it at level 6 and damn I had to outrun...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:31

4xthieves: I didnt bother with the magic they can learn, npc's was like the Knights, faster killings with daggers, stealing and disarm GM :) 1 promotion: See above, its actually duable to get out from the place if your lucky, the easiest is probally to just bank your gold and hope for the best. 2 pr...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:30

4xknights: Turns out you dont really need magic with four knights, I hired a cartographer and the other spot was a gate or wind or even water master, sometimes a scholar. 1 promotion: waited to level 6, those barrow wigts were troublesome, had to reload a few times in there I admit, couldnt touch an...
by Jymbob
Apr 16 2010, 15:28

MM7 - playing the Light path (spoilers included)

Just some thoughts on playing with a party of 4 of the same class. I just finished the final game of the 9 going Light and will take a break before I play them all going the dark path. I must have played the MM7 around 100 times and of course no game is meant for that kind of sillyness. So when I sa...
by Jymbob
Apr 5 2010, 16:40
Topic: Plans and ideas for an online version of Might and Magic!
Replies: 17
Views: 2432

I resonly returned to the Might and Magic series after a 10 year break. In 7 of those 10 years I played NeverwinterNight (Nwn) online. No matter how you make a MM-online set-up it will have many elements equal to Nwn. In Nwn I was involved in: Playing, DMing, Scribting and spending hundreds of hours...
by Jymbob
Mar 28 2010, 13:14
Topic: Post your most interesting Might and Magic challenges!
Replies: 57
Views: 24801

tolich wrote:MM7: impossible. How would you get rid of goblins without killing them?

Not that I would ever do it but you can actually collect the pieces for the golem and let him do the job for you..
by Jymbob
Mar 24 2010, 7:47
Topic: MM7 Party for newbie
Replies: 14
Views: 5285

Only downside is inability to master plate that screws up recovery rate. Doesn't casting Haste completely negate the whole recovery time thing? No, Haste will lower the recovery time for weapons with 30 I think, see this link for further knowledge on recovery: https://www.celestialheavens.com/forum...
by Jymbob
Mar 22 2010, 20:42
Topic: mm6: Druid vs Cleric?
Replies: 58
Views: 16618

What's the point of Alchemy if you can cast a spell buff ? I would rather just cast a spell instead of foraging for raw materials all over the place. In MM7 the potions, like Haste, can last more than one day. That beats the spell by 22 hours or so..and then theres the black permanent potions of co...
by Jymbob
Mar 22 2010, 10:03

mm6,mm7,mm8: Solol peasant game (kill everyone exept one knight and dont level him) Dont see how this can be done, unless theres a lot of multilooting and reloading involved, in which case one merely cheats the game. Here's how I did it in MM6 - https://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php...
by Jymbob
Mar 21 2010, 15:04

mm6,mm7,mm8: Solo knight game (kill everyone exept one knight!) Done it, very challenging, but not so much that you have have to save and reload endless of times, which I hate. mm6,mm7,mm8: Solol peasant game (kill everyone exept one knight and dont level him) Dont see how this can be done, unless ...

Go to advanced search