Search found 105 matches

by mkienenb
03 Mar 2010, 18:49
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: 3d models wanted for testing MM6 outdoor map editor
Replies: 67
Views: 21957

here is a most primitive model that i made...tried not to overpower it with geometry... http://slil.ru/28733666 I just noticed something. test.mtl does not contain a filename for Material__25. You included x_9fd1d56b.bmp in the zip, so I'd expect to have seen the following missing line in the test....
by mkienenb
03 Mar 2010, 17:55

maybe we should test some easy models? cubes, pyramids, hexagons and see what happened? I'll take whatever you want to send me, but something with more than one bitmap would be desired. And if you can generate a non-triangle face, that'd be good too. It's going to be fairly easy to load them into t...
by mkienenb
03 Mar 2010, 13:17

So these COOR your using is like plotting the Vertexes and the game fills in the "Face/Poly" to create one square/wall or such ??? Actually, the game data files provide vertexes and faces/polygons, and translates it internally into triangles and such. There is a Russian (group) remaking M...
by mkienenb
02 Mar 2010, 20:43

actually i do not understand anything =) facet is a triangle with 3 vertexes - how it could have 19 vertexes?? i think that due test i can see what you mean... here is a most primitive model that i made...tried not to overpower it with geometry... http://slil.ru/28733666 but it got 150 faces!!! fig...
by mkienenb
02 Mar 2010, 20:25

actually i do not understand anything =) facet is a triangle with 3 vertexes - how it could have 19 vertexes?? i think that due test i can see what you mean... here is a most primitive model that i made...tried not to overpower it with geometry... http://slil.ru/28733666 but it got 150 faces!!! fig...
by mkienenb
02 Mar 2010, 18:10

Greetings and Salutations :)... This sounds good, Im interested in if you have the interior of the "places" that you can enter as well ??? I was building MM Maps in SS as I have all the Textures converted already... But couldnt find any Mesh/Model converter for the MM Maps/Meshes/Models o...
by mkienenb
02 Mar 2010, 17:52

i can try to do you a models. it is not so hard ;) but i a little bit do not undersnand a requipments 8| and should it be textured or not? That would be great! Yes, please provide textures as bmp files. Graceface reminded me that there is an additional requirement: only 19 vertexes per facet. Let m...
by mkienenb
02 Mar 2010, 01:42

3d models wanted for testing MM6 outdoor map editor

I'll soon be at the point where I would like some original 3d models in order to test importing models into a level. If anyone has some 3d models available I can use for testing the new MM outdoor map editor, could you send them to me? mkienenb+mm6models on gmail.com When you send them to me, let me...
by mkienenb
01 Mar 2010, 01:12
Topic: MM8LevelEditor help
Replies: 3
Views: 2249

It sounds like something is corrupted.

I'd recommend starting with a fresh lod file.
by mkienenb
20 Feb 2010, 01:46
Topic: Blasters screw up the game!
Replies: 51
Views: 18572

Sometimes it's dos box. I think I ran MM4 as a normal app, although maybe it was in compatibility mode.

But we should really move this conversation to another thread if you want to continue it. It doesn't have anything to do with the topic at hand.
by mkienenb
19 Feb 2010, 19:59

Yes, you get manuals, password reference cards, and anything else that's applicable for each game.

I've successfully played through MM4 using the digital edition.

Good Ole Games doesn't just resell software, they repackage it so that it plays "out of the box" for you on modern hardware.
by mkienenb
18 Feb 2010, 02:04

Where to buy MM1-5 (also 6)

In my opinion, the best place to buy it is here as a digital download: http://www.gog.com/en/gamecard/might_and_magic_6_limited_edition You get MM1 through MM6 for one low price, you can install it legally on as many machines as you like, and you can always go back and redownload it later if you nee...
by mkienenb
08 Feb 2010, 02:34
Topic: Technical Question - Game Fonts
Replies: 13
Views: 4478

Go to this url and enter one.

http://sourceforge.net/tracker/?group_i ... tid=631880

I don't remember if that file is generated by the editor or not, but go ahead and attach it. If it's not relevant, I'll just ignore it.
by mkienenb
08 Feb 2010, 01:13

Open a bug report for MM8LevelEditor. I don't know if I'll ever get to fixing it, but it definitely won't happen if you don't document the problem. It might eventually get fixed in the new MMLevelEditor I'm working on if I see an open bug report for it, but MM8 and fonts are probably a couple years ...
by mkienenb
07 Feb 2010, 00:42

While the fonts are probably identical between MM6, MM7, and MM8, I never took the time to decode the format into a standard font, so MM8LevelEditor doesn't understand them. So you probably need to use Stormcat's MM7Viewer -- I can't remember the exact name, but that's the only app that understands ...
by mkienenb
29 Jan 2010, 03:27
Topic: How about a MM GUI-driven map generator?
Replies: 31
Views: 8888

I accidentally created a waterfall ... or magic portal... in the mage camp in New Sorpigal using the cone area tool :)

http://picasaweb.google.com/mkienenb/MM ... 4159840850
by mkienenb
29 Jan 2010, 03:03

Not really sure what you're suggesting with those two wireframes. I was looking more for ideas like your "mountain brush". I have made something similar based on your earlier suggestions. A range height change tool (currently mapped to 9/lower, 0/raise; right next to -/lower single tile, +...
by mkienenb
28 Jan 2010, 02:18

status update

We're now at the point where we can edit sprites (and copy and paste them from other maps), edit height and tiles for terrain. and at least view bmodels, and save the stuff out and still have MM6 run :) We don't have any decent 3d view tools yet, but at this point, we're open to ideas what such a to...
by mkienenb
21 Jan 2010, 23:16
Topic: TCC Add-ons
Replies: 54
Views: 29484

here is a link to the final patch: http://rapidshare.com/files/338982161/ending.exe this patch will add ending video to the game. instruction: 1) allow this patch to work (this is not a virus!!!) 2) make a backup to "anims2.vid" 3) put this EXE patch into your "ANIMS" folder to ...
by mkienenb
16 Jan 2010, 13:11

All of the game development aspirations are great, and I hope that it gets done in a timely manner. However, my initial suggestion was to build a GUI-driven map generator. Re .... Launch program MMMapBuilder . A graphic interface appears with a 128x128 grid system initially filled with water tiles....

Go to advanced search