Academy Heroes

Looking good.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Feb 2006, 15:31
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Look ma!X-ray vision!
Replies: 21
Views: 9551

Well if shooters do have early versions of heat seeking missiles that is a problem and definately needs to be fixed.

However, X ray vision when facing some of the dungeon troops could be...invigorating. :D

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Feb 2006, 05:27
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Music you hate...
Replies: 128
Views: 44526

Rap, for the most part.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
07 Feb 2006, 06:25
Forum: Articles
Topic: Artifacts
Replies: 70
Views: 33327

Re: Artifacts

LordHoborgXVII wrote:
DaemianLucifer wrote:the great Werewolf Claws Hunt
Werewolves don't have claws, or I'm a Leperchaun. :proud:
Werewolves have long sharp claws and chase anything with wheels, Lord Leperchaun.

Leperchaun=leprechaun infected with leprocy? ;|

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
07 Feb 2006, 00:45
Forum: News
Topic: Equilibris Screenshots
Replies: 8
Views: 2835

Yep, the Equilibris team has done excellent work on those new items as well. I'm very much looking forward to the new release. :)

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 16:25
Topic: It's coming...
Replies: 57
Views: 23811

Yeah, I'll give you a clue. You are all going to love it. And fear it. :creative: Raging Terrifying Werebunny-revealed as the level 7 creature for the expansion werecreature town already being tested. It does bonus damage to Haven creatures but is weak to monk's new Holy Hand Granade attack. Nickna...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 12:11
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 143207

I like the monks as they are. Priest heroes are available to do the healing and the Haven already has angels to cast ressurect. They don't need another spellcaster creature IMHO. The new creature banks look good, as does the sea monster dwelling. It looks like you managed to make the sea monster dwe...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 02:37
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: How much time to make a map
Replies: 75
Views: 24811

Well, I have only made XL maps. 6 HOMM2-POL expansion, 4 HOMM4(2 Gathering Storm, 1 Winds of War, 1 Equilibris.) To plan out, decorate, script, and playtest an XL map takes me several months. My latest map, The Dancing Crusader, has over 80 variables and over 100 placed events in addition to the tim...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 02:12
Topic: Music you like...
Replies: 693
Views: 137739

I voted folk/country. However, I enjoy all types of music. Well, except for rap.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 02:07
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Help with Spazz's campaign
Replies: 2
Views: 3419

It has been some time since I have played that campaign, but if he was defeated by a neutral army then that army will have the artifacts, not his tombstone. Kill all the neutrals, they wander on that map if I am not mistaken so you'll have to kill all the neutral stacks till you find the right one. ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 01:58
Topic: Your Favorite 4th lvl creature
Replies: 72
Views: 23017

Titans. I love ranged troops and titans are also durable enough to hold the front line and can be buffed.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 01:55
Topic: The Titans pwnage appreciation thread!
Replies: 26
Views: 11907

I haven't played the beta but having looked at the creature stats it does appear the titans and genies could both use a hit point boost. Plus I would certainly prefer for the spells cast by genies to be selectable rather than random.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Feb 2006, 01:36
Topic: Leprechaun opinion...
Replies: 71
Views: 29647

Leprechauns are actually pretty useful early on because of their fortune spell. It can make a big difference in early battles.
by Grumpy Old Wizard
01 Feb 2006, 22:16
Topic: Your specialty in Heroes...
Replies: 31
Views: 16292

1, 2 I see tactics and strategy as being intertwined and I think both are a strength of mine. 3 Order-my favorite town, with Nature being a close second. 4 I don't know that I am a particularly well known mapmaker but I do enjoy making maps. 6XL HOMM2 maps, none for HOMM3, 4XL for HOMM4. 9 Lurker: W...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
28 Jan 2006, 20:31
Topic: very newb question from a IV-er
Replies: 22
Views: 10605

I like HOMM4, especially with the Equilibris mod. Equilibris is a fan made mod ( a new version should be out soon) that addresses balance issues, makes the AI a bit smarter in some aspects, and adds some new stuff. Anyone who hasn't downloaded the Equilibris mod (look on the left hand side of the Ce...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
26 Jan 2006, 02:13
Forum: News
Topic: Please Save Heroes V
Replies: 90
Views: 40233

Please Save Heroes V

As someone who has been around since HOMM1, I sign hoping that company executives don't force the game out before it is ready. A delay in releasing the game will not lose fans. Releasing the game before it is ready may very well lose some.
Edited on Wed, Jan 25 2006, 19:18 by Grumpy Old Wizard
by Grumpy Old Wizard
21 Jan 2006, 03:00
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Ideas for next mods
Replies: 395
Views: 143207

We all agree the AI has some difficulties with neutrals... In my opinion, the best solution would be to apply advantages depending on difficulty level. It would be good to apply Luck and Morale bonuses (Adv:+3, Exp:+6, Chmp:+10), but I wonder if the 'battle simulator' takes those into account. If i...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
13 Jan 2006, 22:09
Topic: Open Beta 19th January!
Replies: 61
Views: 30123

Well, this announcement bodes well for a release of HOMM in the near future. If not on the projected release date then not too terribly long afterwards, I would think.
:)
GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
12 Jan 2006, 18:24
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: The right looks
Replies: 25
Views: 22734

Re: The right looks

I just wanted some opinions on how should a map be decorated. I haven't had positive opinions in my now old campaign, but when I compare it with many others I still think it looks good, so it's probably about styles. So, back on topic, should a scenario look realistic, or more fantastic looking wit...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Jan 2006, 22:20
Topic: When you get the game, which town will you play first?
Replies: 65
Views: 27496

I will play the campaigns in order but of course the first town otherwise will be the Academy.

GOW

Go to advanced search