Search found 1317 matches

by Grumpy Old Wizard
28 Mar 2006, 12:42
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Replies: 202
Views: 68298

I keep forgetting... Is this one where you move the mouse back and forth to operate your sword? Or where you catch demons and bind them into your magic items? Or where you get weapons made of various metals (seems like I had something made of obsidian that was always breaking)? And (pardon me for t...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Mar 2006, 22:05

I think it is worth it for rpg fans. It is a true rpg, not a shooter. As for what the lowest requirements are that you can get by with I can't say. Here is a link to the official site: http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm If you post your computer specs there someone with similar specs can tell...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
27 Mar 2006, 12:42
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Limitations of the Map Editor
Replies: 12
Views: 7862

Re: Limitations of the Map Editor

I'm somewhat at the end of writing my first map, but I encounter many limitations of the Map Editor. You've probably dealt with this problems couple of years ago already... So I will ask you instead of trying to invent the wheel: 1. Is there any way I can give the player in the quest hut a variable...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
25 Mar 2006, 16:10

There's an "out of the box" review of oblivion just posted at gamespy which gives it the rating "promising". I hope the game is good, it's been forever since I played a good (new) CRPG :). IMHO Oblivion is the best CRPG to come out in a long time. If you liked Morrowind I think ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
25 Mar 2006, 06:51
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Spell discusions
Replies: 273
Views: 101255

@GOW Thanks for your comments. Torched Attack is to be cast on the enemy, so that their attack becomes a fire-based attack. So, for example the efreet will receive half the damage from these foes, so will a Fireguard, and so will a Fire Shield'ed friend. So, it's kind of a tactical defensive spell....
by Grumpy Old Wizard
25 Mar 2006, 00:40
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Oblivion or Dark Messiah?
Replies: 51
Views: 31845

Here is the exact quote: "PC users, beware - you need a monster to run this. On a respectable 3.0 Ghz machine with a gig of RAM and a GeForce 6800 GT, Oblivion had trouble hitting a decent frame rate at 1024x768 - at its own recommended settings. (If that tech talk means nothing to you, you pr...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
25 Mar 2006, 00:23
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Your Kind Of Map
Replies: 27
Views: 14238

I chose RPG. I like maps with lots of quests and lots of battles. I usually prefer maps to have chokepoints that are defendable rather than the map being comepletely "wide open."

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
25 Mar 2006, 00:07

M.TerrainWalk: Not useful on all maps. Not that useful early in the game when the player really needs a level 3 spell that will help him. The elementals can greatly help nature early on if he concentrates on geting a druid to expert nature magic quickly. How about giving it as a bonus to either the...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
21 Mar 2006, 22:25

I do not think Mass Dispel should be moved to level 4.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
18 Mar 2006, 01:24
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Hopes for the Heroes V editor!
Replies: 47
Views: 19958

Giving map makers more options is always good. :)

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
18 Mar 2006, 01:18

There are few ways to prevent spellcaster form hypnotizing the unit or to dispell it... You dont get it. You see, any other spellcaster can be prevented from casting AS WELL. But if you fail to achieve that, there is a fine line between summon of 10 phoenixes and making your strongest stack (with m...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Mar 2006, 21:59

IMO 'hypnotize' may stay without changes. There are few ways to prevent spellcaster form hypnotizing the unit or to dispell it... It's Order's backbone and essence. But if you insist on lowering it's greatness it may autimaticaly dispell when enchanted unit recives dmg (like blind spell) That is an...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Mar 2006, 06:41
Topic: Any way to turn the game in simultaneus turns???
Replies: 16
Views: 9519

I prefer TBS games. BTW you can play AOW as classic TBS rather than simultaneous turns.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
16 Mar 2006, 23:40
Forum: Articles
Topic: Sylvan Creatures
Replies: 40
Views: 16101

I do not see druids as opposed to using animals or plants for necessary uses such as food and clothing. Everything has its place in the natural order of things. Prey and preditors are each part of nature. However, I see you facing the wrath of a druid if you slaughter animals for no good reason or h...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
15 Mar 2006, 01:54
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: What is your favourite town without considering creatures?
Replies: 37
Views: 21310

Tower. Mmmmm...spells!

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
15 Mar 2006, 01:51
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Five Years in Heaven
Replies: 22
Views: 11117

Congratulations! And thanks to you and the CH staff you put together for your hard work on your excellent site!

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
14 Mar 2006, 12:37
Topic: Skill replacements!
Replies: 12
Views: 10247

Protection from whirlpools is a great idea! :-D

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
13 Mar 2006, 22:06
Topic: Equilibris release date ?
Replies: 62
Views: 37261

Of course we are all eagerly awaiting the new release, but it will take however long it takes. :)

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
11 Mar 2006, 12:30

I have been wondering about Galactic Civilizations myself. It looks a lot like Master of Orion2/3. I wonder if there's enough difference between it and the MOO series to make it worth buying.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Mar 2006, 22:16

Elder Scrolls: Oblivion

Should hit the stores March 20! http://www.elderscrolls.com/home/home.htm I've enjoyed the previous elder scrolls games and am looking forward to this one. For those unfamiliar with the series, it is an open ended single character rpg set in a huge world. Your character can be any one of a number of...

Go to advanced search