Search found 1317 matches

by Grumpy Old Wizard
18 Apr 2006, 11:27
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Modding Heroes of Might and Magic 4
Replies: 6
Views: 4561

Yeah, if you post exactly what is happening when you try to install Equilibris on the Equilibris forum the Equilibris team can probably tell you what you what the solution is. There are lots of us who use it so the problem shouldn't be with the program itself.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Apr 2006, 19:18
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Do you want to help the project?
Replies: 61
Views: 103664

Re: Do you want to help the project?

Unfortunately, we cannot offer you anything for your help, except for moral satisfaction from the work done and respect from the Heroes-IV community. Tell me WHY? Probably becuase they are not charging for their hard work in Equilibris, just like the custom map mapmakers (including me) don't charge...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Apr 2006, 08:34
Topic: Making A Map---Events
Replies: 9
Views: 5836

Set a variable. For example: Set (variable) FoundFrog to (new value) 1 If there are multiple stages in the quest that can be done in a nonlinear fashion, you can increment the variable. For example: Set (variable) AltersDestroyed to (in the new value box select plus) AltersDestroyed (in the plus box...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
17 Apr 2006, 08:23
Topic: Modding Heroes of Might and Magic 4
Replies: 6
Views: 4561

Have you tried the Equilibris mod? If not, check out the Equiibris forum here. The Equilibris team is also working on a huge update that adds lots of content and will be done soon, so keep an eye out for it.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
14 Apr 2006, 11:25
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: To Demo or Not to Demo?
Replies: 42
Views: 15057

I'll still in the dark ages with only dial up so I'll have to wait for the final game. Because of my inability to download it I did not vote.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
14 Apr 2006, 11:23
Forum: Hall of the Heretics
Topic: Civ IV
Replies: 22
Views: 12083

Great! I'll have to update Civ and download it.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
12 Apr 2006, 20:21
Forum: News
Topic: Ubisoft to Drop Starforce
Replies: 55
Views: 16767

Well, I am quite suprised and pleased. :)

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
12 Apr 2006, 11:42

BTW: There are a couple of fantasy mods for Civ IV for those who are interested such. Have you played any of them yet? I haven't checked in a couple of weeks but I was trying to keep an eye on the development of the Fall from Heaven mod, I think it is called. It looked like quite a lot of work was ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Apr 2006, 15:44
Forum: News
Topic: Heroes V Release Dates Announced
Replies: 29
Views: 8644

I did not participate in the beta. I am hoping that the hard work of all who did will be rewarded with a game that at least has no major problems when it is released next month. Of course these days games are usually released too soon due to presure from management.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Apr 2006, 15:38
Topic: Your favorite Ultima
Replies: 12
Views: 7450

I voted Ultima6, the last of the turn based combat in the series. While I did quite enjoy Ultima7 I was always frustrated when Iolo would shoot the other party members in the back with his trusty crossbow. You would think that he, the Avatar, Shamanio, and Dupre had learned a little teamwork in all ...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Apr 2006, 12:03
Topic: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Replies: 202
Views: 68219

Well, there are always positives and negatives with any game. I would expect that anyone who enjoys single player crpgs would enjoy Oblivion. There are lots of quests and tons of places to explore. Many quest have multiple parts and some have unexpected turns. Much, much, more than eye candy. The AI...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Apr 2006, 03:43
Topic: Elder Scrolls: Oblivion
Replies: 202
Views: 68219

Right. When you get the game and play it - you forget all the problems that have been mentioned by anyone. Anything you feel a bit iffy about - a mod has been released to fix it. Just immerse yourself, the game really lets you do that - then... float... bliss... gameage, yes. So if you've held back...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
10 Apr 2006, 03:28

Borders and wonders would be great. :) Experience would also be great, but with the number of creatures in creature armies I don't think it'll ever be introduced in the HOMM series. Age of Wonders 2:Shadowmagic has experience for creatures, but the same types of creatures don't stack-there are a set...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Apr 2006, 12:40
Topic: Even Diablo fans want HoMM V keys
Replies: 23
Views: 14699

Well, some builds are harder to play than others, but I would not say that you have to have all the best items, but decent items are necessary for most builds once they hit Hell difficulty. However, as you say, Hell was certainly made harder and some builds (single element sorceresses for example) w...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Apr 2006, 06:07
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: a55a55in Thread
Replies: 134
Views: 36854

Have you checked to make sure you don't have 2 placed events on top of each other?

Other than that maybe you could post the script and we can try to figure out what there is causing the problem.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
08 Apr 2006, 05:57

You'll be surprise how much tactic is required to survive in Hell difficulty level in Diablo2. Only after patch 1.10! Which pretty much ruined SP! How did 1.1 ruin single player? I still play single player diablo. In fact, I find it much more enjoyable than battle net which is loaded with cheaters,...
by Grumpy Old Wizard
07 Apr 2006, 11:28

Check out http://diabloii.net/ for some news that may mean the soon announcement of Diablo3.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
04 Apr 2006, 11:36
Forum: Campfire
Topic: So what type are you then
Replies: 21
Views: 12494

I chose the standard mage class and High Elf for my race. My next character will probably be a thief.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
03 Apr 2006, 14:20
Topic: Your favorite magic school(s) H4
Replies: 57
Views: 39010

Order is my favorite, followed closely by nature. I voted Order.

GOW
by Grumpy Old Wizard
29 Mar 2006, 12:39
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Limitations of the Map Editor
Replies: 12
Views: 7849

Well, don't be embarressed to ask any question because: 1) the only stupid question is one that you don't ask 2) we are a friendly and helpful bunch of folks here 3) all veteran mapmakers started with their first map 4) even veteran mapmakers are still learning new things every time they make a map....

Go to advanced search