Search found 3151 matches

by GreatEmerald
Oct 14 2015, 10:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM2 campaign progression
Replies: 9
Views: 4089

HoMM2 campaign progression

I'm starting to prepare for my HoMM2 LP now, and I now realised that the campaign progression is rather complicated. However, I don't want to spoil the story for myself, so I don't want to read walkthroughs or such just to understand how the progression works. So my questions are: ⋅ Do the...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 12 2015, 16:26
Topic: Playing/streaming the Enroth series. What order?
Replies: 4
Views: 1856

Re: Playing/streaming the Enroth series. What order?

That's not really correct. Here's the correct list: http://celestialheavens.com/forum/10/11591?p=305443#p305443 Note that there are no sync points between the first two Might and Magic generations (I-V) and Heroes Chronicles (up to Clash of the Dragons). You can play said MMs before said HCs, or aft...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 11 2015, 22:10
Topic: H2-3: Lord Haart
Replies: 5
Views: 2148

Re: H2-3: Lord Haart

And then there's the question if he's related to Hart, the town in MM: Swords of XEEN ;)
by GreatEmerald
Oct 11 2015, 21:34
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Your Might... Our Magic
Replies: 39
Views: 7913

Re:

winterfate wrote:@Angelspit: You should repost this ten years from now...just to see how many young'uns fail to recognize the 5 1/4" floppy disks. :devious:

Three years to go! ;)

Also, hah, interesting image, I haven't seen that one before.
by GreatEmerald
Oct 11 2015, 21:32
Topic: ch_01.jpg
Replies: 1
Views: 869

Re: ch_01.jpg

This is quite an interesting reference POTD too! :)
by GreatEmerald
Oct 11 2015, 21:31
Topic: ch_layout.jpg
Replies: 3
Views: 1411

Re: ch_layout.jpg

While browsing all the POTDs (yay for browse functionality), I stumbled upon this POTD :D Looks like it's a more advanced version of the original, as seen here: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forum/13/14158
by GreatEmerald
Sep 26 2015, 22:19
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic II playthrough complete
Replies: 17
Views: 5055

Re: Might and Magic II playthrough complete

Started playing Swords of XEEN now! https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... ieHa-Ht4nH
This is an extra-blind experience for me because I never played nor seen anyone else play this game, and it doesn't even have a cluebook.
by GreatEmerald
Aug 10 2015, 7:24
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Windows 10
Replies: 116
Views: 32234

Re: Windows 10

Huh, that's good to keep in mind. Though personally I play HoMM4 through Wine, which doesn't have problems like that.
by GreatEmerald
Aug 10 2015, 7:21
Topic: Homm3 strongest faction poll
Replies: 11
Views: 4920

Re: Homm3 strongest faction poll

But on XL maps Tazar can shine, and you get lots of other towns in the process so the limited spell selection isn't a problem either. Also, it's just fun to play with a faction where every single troop (excluding gnolls) has a special effect. Your enemies get dispelled, weakened, turned into stone, ...
by GreatEmerald
Aug 7 2015, 19:12
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Spyware FAQs
Replies: 31
Views: 17190

Re: Firewall, Anti-Virus, Spyware FAQs

Same, I'm using Firefox. Certainly beats using proprietary browsers (IE) and semi-proprietary browsers (Chrome).
by GreatEmerald
Aug 7 2015, 12:20
Topic: Styles - changing the look of the forum
Replies: 44
Views: 7028

Re: Is there a way to change the look of the forum?

On topic, am I the only one that gets confused by the topic icons? The combination of pen, sunburst and flame seems like a bit too much to parse easily. I'd say removing the pen and making the other two things much smaller would work better (they mean lots of posts in a thread and that you have post...
by GreatEmerald
Aug 6 2015, 13:20

Yea, it seems there's a rule that started at about Win98 where in each Windows release you need to spend more and more time tweaking things after install to get it to work the way you want. But anyway, I don't really get the question. The reason why things are being stored in Documents and Applicati...
by GreatEmerald
Aug 6 2015, 12:35

Handy. Makes me wonder if there's something of the sort for previous Windows versions too.
by GreatEmerald
Aug 5 2015, 18:57

Speaking of spyware, Windows 10 apparently is spyware: https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/3feqsr/4chan_sums_up_windows_10s_privacy_settings/ https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/31rxsv/disable_keylogger_windows_10/ (also, keyloggers were pushed into Win7 and friends as well, so that...
by GreatEmerald
Aug 5 2015, 16:34
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Might and Magic II playthrough complete
Views: 5055

Re: Might and Magic II playthrough complete

And completed World of XEEN: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLg9qEDl4K8NgLCvNKoU-gOaubbqPVMyAw It was in fact fairly short; surprisingly so, compared to MM3:IoT. Now I'm working on uploading some of the music variants, and later on will go play Swords of XEEN. Also currently in the latter hal...
by GreatEmerald
Aug 3 2015, 12:49
Topic: HOMM...Anime???
Views: 5071

Re: HOMM...Anime???

I don't have time to watch anime, so the answer would be "no". Especially not if it's Ashan, ugh.
by GreatEmerald
Jul 29 2015, 19:39
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1673
Views: 230630

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Pol wrote:@Panda Tar
Only if you are owner of previous 7-8.1 versions, with non-academic licence.

However, if you opt for (and don't opt out of) Windows Insider, you can use Insider builds indefinitely. But that means you'll be a sort of a guinea pig for all the Windows updates that can go wrong.
by GreatEmerald
Jul 29 2015, 15:51
Topic: Randomness - vol. IV
Replies: 1673
Views: 230630

Re: Randomness - vol. IV

Well, you can just download it at any time from here: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/wind ... ol-install

But yes, it's annoying that people using the Get Windows 10 app actually have to wait longer for in-place upgrade than people who don't mind creating an upgrade USB stick.
by GreatEmerald
Jul 22 2015, 14:14
Forum: News
Topic: Downtime Monday 20.7
Replies: 43
Views: 7037

Re: Downtime Monday 20.7

All right, found the problem and fixed it. It was probably because this was linked to the site previously (and will be once again when we get around to it).

If other forums are affected the same way, do report that.

The bots are exactly what they sound like: bots (search engine indexers).

Go to advanced search