It is, and it would be nice if someone actually posted the updates here :\
by GreatEmerald
Dec 7 2015, 9:50
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: error when saving or loading MM8
Replies: 23
Views: 4539

Re: error when saving or loading MM8

Save problems always sound like the result of the fact that MM games were made pre-Vista and don't use the new security model, which makes it so that Windows disagrees with it on grounds of security. Some things to try would be running it as an administrator, temporarily disabling UAC (don't keep it...
by GreatEmerald
Nov 29 2015, 22:19
Topic: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)
Replies: 5
Views: 2131

Re: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

I know that its the top most thread lol. However, they do not update it. They update more often on facebook, and most frequently on Vk. They do have an assembla too. Yes, it's a shame. I don't have Facebook and I definitely don't have Vk. as for if its possible, well they seem to have made emerald ...
by GreatEmerald
Nov 29 2015, 22:14
Topic: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??
Replies: 10
Views: 3079

Re: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??

Exactly, it's a Monty Python sketch: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ona-RhLfRfc
by GreatEmerald
Nov 29 2015, 0:02
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 earning achievements
Replies: 8
Views: 2567

Re: H4 earning achievements

Hm, doesn't sound worth it to me. There are inherent "achievements" in the game in the form of hero skill trees. I always give myself the task of doing something fun, like creating a Lich that does nothing but throw fireballs at enemies (AKA HoMM3 style), and the reward is getting it done;...
by GreatEmerald
Nov 28 2015, 23:58
Topic: H4 - Question about retreat
Replies: 4
Views: 1617

Re: H4 - Question about retreat

Interesting, does that also apply to the AI? Because I recall the AI sending out the same hero over and over again from the town that was right there, and it was quite annoying. But maybe I wasn't close enough to the town, hmm.
by GreatEmerald
Nov 28 2015, 23:55
Topic: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??
Replies: 10
Views: 3079

Re: [MM6]What exactly did the guy say??

Protection services? The skill training place? Weren't there several of them?
I can't recall off the top of my head, but a sound or video clip of that place would help answer your question :)
by GreatEmerald
Nov 28 2015, 23:52
Topic: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)
Views: 2131

Re: A question out of curiosity (MM utilities/merging)

There is a project called Might and Magic 7 engine remake that has a page on facebook and assembla that is trying to do that by writing the game from the ground up with a new engine. It's also the, y'know, topmost sticky post in this forum? ;) But yes, without an engine extension I doubt that's doa...
by GreatEmerald
Nov 10 2015, 23:17
Topic: So i figured out how to correct a bug in World of Xeen
Replies: 24
Views: 6048

Re:

I added the tavern and blacksmith in Lakeside (I tested them they seem to work with out any bugs) So you won't get the messages "These stairs once led to a tavern, but it was destroyed long ago." and "These stairs once led to a blacksmith shop, but it was destroyed long ago." an...
by GreatEmerald
Nov 9 2015, 16:28
Forum: News
Topic: CH Maps Site Developing
Views: 1432

Re: CH Maps Site Developing

Enabling the date showing is merely an option in Joomla. That can be done at any time as far as I know.
by GreatEmerald
Nov 4 2015, 20:15
Topic: fheroes2 stream
Views: 1843

Re: fheroes2 stream

I figured it out myself, yes. I didn't have that file copied previously.
by GreatEmerald
Oct 29 2015, 10:24

Re: fheroes2 stream

I just found out that fheroes2 in fact does read PoL maps, as long as their filenames are set to .MP2, but the PoL map structures aren't there, they just don't appear on the map (but right-clicking shows their identifiers). As such, now I can use the stock PoL maps for this, but of course any more m...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 27 2015, 11:45

fheroes2 stream

I'll be streaming fheroes2 this Saturday at 15:00 UTC (details here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_700wXxkSdM ). However, I'm missing a good map to use for the occasion. The HoMM2 maps on CH are simply links with hardly any metadata, and I don't want to comb through all of them in order to find o...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 19 2015, 17:16
Forum: Campfire
Topic: HoMM 3 - lego style
Replies: 8
Views: 4193

Re: HoMM 3 - lego style

Yeap, that's pretty cool.
Also makes me want a site gallery even more. :devious:
by GreatEmerald
Oct 15 2015, 15:00
Topic: HoMM2 campaign progression
Replies: 9
Views: 3907

Re: HoMM2 campaign progression

Oh, so there's an actual flowchart in-game. Well then, I guess my fears were largely unfounded :D
by GreatEmerald
Oct 14 2015, 21:39

No, I'm just wondering if the sidequests will be clearly marked as such. Wouldn't want to accidentally skip one.
by GreatEmerald
Oct 14 2015, 18:23

Ah, OK. So it's about what I expected, it's alternative options that converge back after one scenario, rather than true branching. So yes, looks like in that case my idea of playing both, then continuing from whichever went better is the best. And I hope I won't miss any optional scenarios. And so b...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 14 2015, 16:32
Topic: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery
Replies: 58
Views: 53430

Re: Heroes I-IV Edition Guide / Autorun Screen Gallery

Now I'm going through HoMM2 music, and am disappointed because the exact same issue happens with it as with HoMM1 music: popping. It's even present in the Humble Bundle/GOG version (and it's compressed into OGG Vorbis to boot). Looks like they ripped the music from a somewhat damaged CD. If you look...
by GreatEmerald
Oct 14 2015, 13:52

I see. So if I have a choice between scenario A and scenario B, then finish either, will I get the same choices (say, C and D), or do they branch out and I'd get choices AC, AD, BC and BD? If they don't branch out, then the optimal way would probably be to choose A, win, go back to the last save bef...

Go to advanced search