Search found 3151 matches

by GreatEmerald
Jul 27 2009, 15:25
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: [HoMM3] Rmg.txt problems
Replies: 0
Views: 1913

[HoMM3] Rmg.txt problems

I have made a custom Rmg.txt file - removed most of the random map templates, added a few new ones, and created one myself. However, I have a problem: Heroes won't let me use any other map templates than "Monk's Retreat" (by the way, are there any relations between this and Clerical Retrea...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 27 2009, 9:12
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Is M&M IX worth buying?
Replies: 37
Views: 5069

I have problems finding specific houses in New Haven (M&M VI) and in pretty much every single town in M&M VIII. Sorry to tell you, but the Might and Magic method of searching for specific skill trainers isn't exactly fun. Also, I like all the "so called" RPGs you listed. Sure, the...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 27 2009, 9:05
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Town Gate
Replies: 13
Views: 7235

HodgePodge wrote:I mourned the loss of Town Gate in combat when using Equilibris but the benefits of the mod were well worth the loss. :)

Exactly :) What was the reason to remove it anyway?

Oh, and why didn't anyone make a Lloyd's Beacon spell for HoMM series yet? :)
by GreatEmerald
Jul 26 2009, 20:10
Topic: [HoMM3] Idle animations
Replies: 10
Views: 3224

Hmm, sounds good. Will it require WoG? Having extra features (especially resolution changes!) in the Complete set would be very nice to have, but I don't really like WoG too much...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 22:14

These days, efficiency is no longer a problem; I doubt about focus, because the active creature is highlighted and the grid is darker all around it in a big hexagon shape. Look at HoMM4 and you'll see that focus is not a problem at all. And the third reason is not too good as well - you think that &...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 19:57
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Is M&M IX worth buying?
Replies: 37
Views: 5069

They had planned on a later patch that would have completed the story as originally intended by NWC, but sadly it went the way of most fan projects and was never completed. Interesting, hopefully some relations to older MMs? Corak and sci-fi elements anyone? :) Off topic: Nice nick, Sure Valla! :)
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 17:41
Topic: Can we play an allied game in Heroes 2?
Replies: 6
Views: 1726

You can always edit your maps and make them allied...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 17:18
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Heroes of Might & Magic III: Horn of the Abyss
Replies: 412
Views: 342673

Suggestion from another thread: it would be nice to see looping creature idle animations in combat enabled. Those animations exist, but seem to be unused for some reason. The original idea is here: http://www.celestialheavens.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10223 Talking about the mod, looks very nice. I...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 9:15
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Town Gate
Replies: 13
Views: 7235

Town Gate

Is there a way to use Equilibris, but have Town Gate as a combat spell again? It's a huge loss that it's disabled, because first of all, I like HoMM4 mostly because of its similarities to Might and Magic series (heroes in battle, potions, wandering monsters...), and Town Gate is an awesome implement...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 25 2009, 7:49

That's the "hover" animation. Each creature has one, and does something to show that they're powerful (and also does that animation when they get high morale). But here I'm talking about looping animations, like creatures breathing, phoenixes flaming, genies swirling etc. If you look in Ho...
by GreatEmerald
Jul 24 2009, 12:41

[HoMM3] Idle animations

I've noticed that units in combat screen, while idle, don't animate like they do in HoMM4. That is, they look like paralysed until you put your cursor on them, then they do their special animation and continue to look paralysed. However, you can obviously see that idle animations in fact are in the ...

Go to advanced search