Search found 3152 matches

by GreatEmerald
22 Oct 2016, 16:39
Forum: News
Topic: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?
Replies: 64
Views: 34448

Re: Where to Next for the M&M Franchise?

I used to be on this like with Star Trek, that "any Trek is better than no Trek". But while I tolerated Enterprise for 4 seasons, barely, I could not do so for Heroes since Ubi took over. That me, a hardcore HOMM fan, never finished the walkthroughs of Heroes V, and barely played VI and V...
by GreatEmerald
09 Oct 2016, 14:41

As far as I can tell it doesn't, what are you talking about? I'm talking, of course, about HoMM3. It doesn't need rehashing, you can just play the game. The sale+Kickstarter idea is interesting... Kickstarter is a nice communication medium, which would allow for taking fan input into account. It al...
by GreatEmerald
09 Oct 2016, 09:11

2) What we don't like from Ubisoft HoMM games? And I mean we should rate every important element like 3 graphics, bugs, system, storyline, similars to old heroes etc. From your list, for me the important elements are storyline, system, and to a point similarity to original Heroes games... but in tw...
by GreatEmerald
09 Oct 2016, 08:40

Hm. Honestly I'd either take option 1 with huge reworks or option 2 with a good team. And by reworks I mean an entirely new planet (or Axeoth, that works too). Whereas by good team I mean someone who has worked on the games before (HC, HoMM4, etc. teams). Without that there's no chance of getting an...
by GreatEmerald
26 Sep 2016, 21:18
Topic: CH Hacked, Fought Back
Replies: 7
Views: 5265

Re: CH Hacked, Fought Back

Woah. That's unfortunate. Was anything leaked? Is the vulnerability already fixed? Things like that is why I'm trying to move my own website from Joomla to Jekyll, sigh... I suppose this shows time and again how important it is to keep backups. So good job at doing that. Also, sorry for not being ve...
by GreatEmerald
24 May 2016, 22:04
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 426395

Re: Tech Corner

Again, depends on what you want to do on it. If do stuff on the computer, then a monitor.
Note that there are also monitors with integrated TV tuners, so basically mini TVs that can be used as monitors comfortably. Can't watch that on a couch though.
by GreatEmerald
22 May 2016, 22:37
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: HoMM3 TCP/IP networking howto
Replies: 7
Views: 59683

HoMM3 TCP/IP networking howto

Today I managed to set up a network play in vanilla HoMM3 Complete. Between three people, who were using Windows 8.1, Windows 10 and Linux. Using no external tools whatsoever (yes, no bloody GameRanger, Hamachi, VPN, etc.!), via TCP/IP. That's quite a feat, but turns out that it's pretty simple in t...
by GreatEmerald
15 May 2016, 11:37
Topic: Video Card - What To Buy?
Replies: 106
Views: 47658

Re: Video Card - What To Buy?

Yea, installing cards is really not difficult. It's a bit like legos, except that you need to read the manual before doing it ;)
by GreatEmerald
15 May 2016, 11:22
Topic: Announcing the H4 Unity project
Replies: 47
Views: 27106

Re: Announcing the H4 Unity project

Sounds nice.
by GreatEmerald
23 Apr 2016, 21:38
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 426395

Re: Tech Corner

Well, the fact that you could play something a while ago with worse hardware doesn't necessarily mean that you will be able to do that now. XP (NT 5) is quite different from later Windows versions (NT 6 and 10). Case in point: try running HoMM1 Windows version on XP or later. It won't work, because ...
by GreatEmerald
09 Apr 2016, 15:19

Also I just saw that book 4 was never released, so that kinda rules out the idea.. I'm not sure where you looked, because it certainly was released :P https://www.celestialheavens.com/homm5/art_of_lota_complete.pdf (176 and onward) As for the interactiveness or closeness to the MMH7/5 version, I pe...
by GreatEmerald
08 Apr 2016, 07:57

@GreatEmerald. The way I see it, Unity and Every Dog Has It's Day, being two seperate campaigns/stories, only being linked by the fact that they were never released, makes it hard to come up with an easy reference name for them both combined, though that's what we've been discussing in the other tr...
by GreatEmerald
06 Apr 2016, 19:32

Hm, well, since those were planned campaigns, bundling both together makes sense. And you'll probably need a name for them for easy reference. Something that makes it clear what they are. Though you might also eventually want to add LotA campaigns into it too. Whether it would be the same, or a diff...
by GreatEmerald
06 Apr 2016, 09:58

Yea, no reason to change the name. Making it different would just seed more confusion anyway.
by GreatEmerald
03 Apr 2016, 18:45
Topic: H4 Unity
Replies: 10
Views: 5938

Re: H4 Unity

Hm, fascinating. From what I gathered when reading about stuff, LotA isn't finished either (although it's not based on Terry's scripts, right?). So this could be an interesting solution, especially since HoMM4 obviously already has the needed art and whatnot, and generally making maps there is easie...
by GreatEmerald
03 Apr 2016, 10:32
Topic: H4 Unity
Replies: 10
Views: 5938

Re: H4 Unity

Uh, can someone explain what that is? For those out there like me, who are ignoring everything that comes out of Ubisoft? :D

Speaking of which, something of the sort for LotA would be interesting too.
by GreatEmerald
02 Apr 2016, 00:36
Topic: Heroes III Sound Fix
Replies: 74
Views: 117281

Re: Heroes III Sound Fix

I just tried to use custom audio files, and, well, it doesn't seem to work that well. When I encode MP3s with libmp3lame, I get a bit of audio corruption in the audio, and the lower the bitrate, the more of it I hear. This is very odd, because even if I copy the original file's bitrate, I still get ...
by GreatEmerald
02 Apr 2016, 00:31
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32959

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

He dont has right. He invent his own weird fantasion. But it is between me and him. He knows and I know. Dont enter beetwen us. Write what you think. Ha, no. Avonu and XEL II are the foremost experts in MM series lore. I'm afraid you're not really making a good case here. Erathia is Erathia. Erathi...
by GreatEmerald
01 Apr 2016, 15:20
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: Mystery of Sand M&M7
Replies: 83
Views: 32959

Re: Mystery of Sand M&M7

Yeap, Avonu is right. You can't take one game and try to apply it as-is to another. The world of Enroth is not that static; quite the opposite, it's fuzzy, and for one, MMs are a better source of information on that than HoMMs. The strategy games had to be solid in terms of gameplay first, and the s...
by GreatEmerald
24 Mar 2016, 11:19
Topic: Video Card - What To Buy?
Replies: 106
Views: 47658

Re: Video Card - What To Buy?

You can probably sell it on ebay or such.

Go to advanced search