Druid’s Chain
Amulet of the Undertaker
by GreatEmerald
23 May 2015, 21:20
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 104010

Regarding Scarab of Summoning, it's useless for might heroes, heroes with no summon, raise or illusion spells. Even if AI has any of these but face a stronger opponent, AI is likely not to use any of these kind of spells thus it's useless. But the boost it gives is massive, and if the hero knows Na...
by GreatEmerald
23 May 2015, 18:55

Yes, of course, that's why I put Mullich's helm above the Circlet of Wisdom. As for the Hideous mask, I still don't see how it would be useful, AI opponent or not... The necklaces, well, I don't think you take that factor into consideration enough :D But yes, the necklaces are interesting that they ...
by GreatEmerald
23 May 2015, 17:41

Hm, I'd put both between the Helm of Seeing and the Magic Amplifier.
by GreatEmerald
23 May 2015, 15:53

Well, it would be useful to run the script all three times: before (unequip adventure items), after a battle (unequip battle items) and daily (equip new adventure items found). For headgear, I don't think I'd agree with your sorting there. Remember that morale is pointless for AI vs AI battles, and ...
by GreatEmerald
23 May 2015, 13:43

Hm, when would the checks happen? After battles, or also before battles? If both, then if it's a pre-battle check, the list would be: Wayfarer Boots Winged Sandals Boots of Travel Boots of the Explorer All other boots (is there a check for current terrain type?) And in a post-battle check: Wayfarer ...
by GreatEmerald
22 May 2015, 14:14
Forum: News
Topic: Programmer Wanted
Replies: 22
Views: 10970

Ah, thanks :) I see you have a plan along the lines I've been thinking already. I'll be glad to contribute. I guess this is a better to ask in an open forum, though: what do we want to do with the wiki? Last I checked it was copied from the wikia, but it would be quite out of date and out of sync at...
by GreatEmerald
22 May 2015, 12:00

One other thing that came to mind, you wanted to have a wiki but that got stuck. If my information is correct, then with the PHP version you're using, no non-ancient (anything newer than nine years old) MediaWiki will run on it, so I'm assuming that's the problem right there. Of course, there's a bi...
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 22:35

Those aren't programming terms, silly :P A CMS is a "content management system". It's a web engine for running websites. Most websites use a CMS, as opposed to writing a website from scratch, because it's much simpler and easier to maintain (same goes for forums). Joomla is a type of CMS, ...
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 21:47

Well, the forums don't need to be recreated from scratch, as the upgrade to phpBB3 should be quite straightforward, it even includes a phpBB2 migration tool out of the box. As for the website, are you even running an actual CMS on it, or was it all made from scratch? In the latter case, I think recr...
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 21:38

I'd put the Cloak of Darkness at least above the Cloak of Warding. After all, magic resistance is totally useless when fighting against might creatures, and that's the majority of neutral troops.
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 21:23

Soo, uhm, how's it going? It's 2015 now, and phpBB2 is seven years old now. Yeah... Also, the https site doesn't seem to be working at all (it gives me the error "ssl_error_rx_record_too_long"). Which means that's all what people with HTTPS Everywhere are seeing when trying to access the s...
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 21:15
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35217

Karmakeld wrote:...end of discussion!..... or... ;|
(in which case I will have gotten the final word..) :hoo:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NGYUfPiKZMI
"Well, whaddaya know, I finally got the last word!"
by GreatEmerald
21 May 2015, 18:41

By "Cap of Protection" I assume you mean the Cape of Protection...
by GreatEmerald
19 May 2015, 13:37
Forum: Might and Magic
Topic: GrayFace MM6 Patch v2.5.7 [Mar 4, 2022]
Replies: 613
Views: 412184

It's best not to install it into Program Files. Games should be in a Games folder outside of Program Files. That works too. Though the proper way for a game to do it, as both Windows since Vista and Linux expect, is to write the game into Program Files or /usr, and write the save files into Users/n...
by GreatEmerald
19 May 2015, 08:49
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Homm4 Help with 1280x1024 resolution in windowed mode?
Replies: 18
Views: 20422

On Windows, the available fullscreen resolutions are dependent on your video card drivers. (Unlike on Linux, where the fullscreen resolution can be whatever you wish it to be.)
by GreatEmerald
17 May 2015, 20:01
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Tech Corner
Replies: 826
Views: 425986

Well, the i7 is 10-30% faster, so maybe. And of course you can, you just need a disassembly guide for the particular laptop series. Some models have HDD slots directly accessible from the outside, just like RAM, so replacing those is a breeze, it's just a matter of removing a few screws, sliding the...
by GreatEmerald
17 May 2015, 16:21

Yeap, I don't think you need an i7 unless you're planning to do scientific computations or something. As for the drive, personally I have no idea how people can live without an SSD. They aren't very costly these days and usually one doesn't need all that much disk space, not internal anyway. The fir...
by GreatEmerald
17 May 2015, 11:54

Hah, that's the one I was looking to buy myself, before being informed that it's possible to get my whole desktop transported over. The graphics card is a bit less powerful, but not by much, and it should still be possible to play UE4 games on the lowest settings with it. Also, it comes with Ubuntu ...
by GreatEmerald
17 May 2015, 08:51
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Homm4 Help with 1280x1024 resolution in windowed mode?
Replies: 18
Views: 20422

So, again, what do you want recorded? I can record it for you. It's not an issue that I can't record in 60 FPS because the game itself is not 60 FPS.

Go to advanced search