Search found 67 matches

by Blocks100
26 Sep 2010, 17:00
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 141871

I figure these are vampire warriors , so wielding a sword is perfectly acceptable. I suppose they could return to the the classic Nosferatu look of HOMM III but having seen these new units on the screenshots, they look pretty good imo.
by Blocks100
19 Sep 2010, 19:22
Topic: Lets talk about War Machines
Replies: 58
Views: 18867

The idea of multiple ballistas on a battlefield imo just wouldn't look right, just too cluttered. I seem to recall being on the receiving end of AI ballista attacks in V, could be lethal if you upgraded with the brimstone shot thing. Faction specific war machines would be excellent - Demonic Siege R...
by Blocks100
16 Sep 2010, 12:02
Topic: HOMM VI Collector's Edition?
Replies: 60
Views: 33174

HOMM VI Collector's Edition?

So, what would you want in it? I'd go for.... Unique mounts - skeletal horse for Necro hero is a must! A proper manual showing units stats etc (although this should be in the standard edition, we won't even get this as all Ubisoft games come with the 'manual' on the disc....) Cloth Map (goes without...
by Blocks100
13 Sep 2010, 13:59
Topic: forgotten adventure spells
Replies: 20
Views: 9912

Rather than a 'water walk' spell, I'd like to see a ' Parting of the Waves' type spell where a hero can create a temporary dry land corridor across a lake/river so his troops can safely cross. Aesthetically speaking, it'd look quite good on the adventure map, and make more sense that your whole army...
by Blocks100
11 Sep 2010, 13:10
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 98706

I don't think Sylvan has enough 'iconic' units for them to continue in HOMM VI. Sure I'll miss their archer units, but they (along with the Dendroids) I'd quite happily see relegated to neutral creatures without town alignment. I'm just not a big fan of unicorns. When I think of unicorns in HOMM VI ...
by Blocks100
11 Sep 2010, 12:56
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 106704

The only issue I see is that Nagas in Ashan are supposed to be peaceful and good-aligned . I'm sure they'll find a way around the 'lore' to make them an all-conquering . all-powerful lizard master race though.... But I just can't see enough variation within the Naga design to make a whole town out ...
by Blocks100
10 Sep 2010, 19:13
Topic: More official info (10 Sept)
Replies: 39
Views: 16975

So the AI in KB: Legend has issues coping with dynamic battlefield terrain, but that doesn't mean HOMM VI's will, we've yet to see it in action! I have faith in Black Hole's ability to introduce this new feature into the series without it suddenly becoming an 'exploit' that human players can use to ...
by Blocks100
10 Sep 2010, 18:16

Re: More official info

Just to be clear, this just means no second batch of upgrades like we saw in H5's TotE, right? We will still have upgrades of the base units? Yeah, I was worried about that too at first, but yes there will still be upgrades of the the base unit, sure i've seen the concept art for those somewhere. A...
by Blocks100
10 Sep 2010, 16:46

? I mean, if your CPU can hadle the adventure part - it would easily handle the towns. What's the point of keeping it idle there - saving electricity ? :) The town screen in V drained the CPU so much, there was none left over for the AI on the world map. :D I really hope they go to town on the topo...
by Blocks100
09 Sep 2010, 16:26
Topic: Heroes 6 wishlist (draft)
Replies: 328
Views: 135723

Just had a random thought: If we can no longer recruit from flaggable creature dwellings, they now just supply population bonuses in towns (nice idea imo) - how do we go about recruiting neutral creatures?
by Blocks100
09 Sep 2010, 12:13
Topic: Is it naga faction ?
Replies: 264
Views: 106704

As intriguing an idea as a new Naga faction is, Ubisoft are rather set in their ways in relation to factions. I think we'll see a continuation from Clash of Heroes, with Wizards and Sylvans being the remaining factions. If they were to ditch the Elves to make room for a new faction, I wouldn't lose ...
by Blocks100
08 Sep 2010, 13:21

When two heroes clash on a map, and an epic battle ensues, with large stacks destroyed - I want a permanent reminder of this on the world map in the form of cross swords symbol. This battle marker should record which Hero won, and by what margin. Overtime, this battle marker could evolve into a shri...
by Blocks100
07 Sep 2010, 12:37
Topic: Achievements
Views: 8323

Sure, Achievements in games have negative connotations, but have you never thought it'd be cool if the game tracked your global stats, no. of battles fought/lost, units recruited, Windmills visited etc - all the activities you do in a Heroes game, and then gave you a GTA / Advance Wars style stat su...
by Blocks100
06 Sep 2010, 13:10

I think the whole idea of Achievements in HOMM stems from my desire to create some sort of 'persistent world' in the game. We've all clocked up countless hours playing HOMM, but every new game fails to register this. By tracking number of hours played, types of enemy defeated, greatest damage inflic...
by Blocks100
06 Sep 2010, 11:29

Yeah, racial enemies rocked in III. If they bring them back in VI, I'd like to make it either impossible for you to recruit racial enemies in the same Hero's army OR if you did recruit Black Dragons and Titans in the same army, you ran a small %chance of them attacking each other if they are positio...
by Blocks100
06 Sep 2010, 11:21

Achievements

I’ve always been a bit suspicious of Achievements, seeing them as more of a console thing. But after careful consideration, I think it would be pretty neat if HOMMVI tracked your stats, and maybe even give you some rewards for your efforts. Here are some examples: Achievement name: “Dem Bones, Dem B...
by Blocks100
30 Aug 2010, 13:38
Topic: First gameplay videos
Replies: 23
Views: 10880

Where's the love for the Griffin animation? I think it looks superb!
by Blocks100
28 Aug 2010, 18:24
Topic: Less Dragons as top lvl creature pls!
Replies: 130
Views: 38789

If HOMM VI doesn't bring back the Faerie Dragon, they'll be trouble ;) But yes, Black Dragons are a must, as are their racial enemy Golden Dragons...but that should be it. Everyone was pished at V cos the Dragons shunted out the more interesting Lvl 7 creatures, like Behemoths...they've gotta be re-...
by Blocks100
28 Aug 2010, 18:11
Topic: Lets talk about magic
Replies: 24
Views: 7932

I really missed the elemental schools in HOMM V, there just wasn't enough variation for my tastes. I always associated Fire (Curse) , and Water (Bless) with Light and Dark magics respectively. The didn't need to spell it out so blatantly in V.... I'd still keep the Mage Guilds in the towns in VI, bu...
by Blocks100
28 Aug 2010, 13:33
Topic: some new information (27. Aug)
Replies: 34
Views: 16296

Does anyone really still care about the lore? Despite my admiration for the series, I hope the 'lore' doesn't stop them from implementing an Orc race. When did the Necros split from the Wizards, and does the inclusion of the former mean HOMMVI is re-writing the lore? (if this presequel is supposedly...

Go to advanced search