Search found 67 matches

by Blocks100
04 Jul 2011, 11:40
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 172216

Can someone explain the various stat ratings on these creatures? What value is the Knight chess piece suppose to represent? Or the blue flame label?
by Blocks100
03 Jul 2011, 15:51
Topic: H6 public beta discussion/info
Replies: 27
Views: 12337

Are neutrals recruitable? I know creature dwellings now just add to your town's overall creature growth (save for a one-off stack recruitment when you first visit) , but can you still hire units from elemental dwelling?

Also, are these elementals the only neutral creatures now?
by Blocks100
03 Jul 2011, 15:34
Topic: Short Public Beta Preview
Replies: 21
Views: 19836

For the uninitiated, what on earth is the Widget system?

And by 'Water' do you mean the graphical effect or the new faction which is tied to this element?

Puzzling, but welcome update - keep 'em comin'!
by Blocks100
02 Jul 2011, 13:51
Topic: TotalBiscuit looks at Homm VI
Replies: 6
Views: 3498

Ok, I did get round to watching the whole thing; thanks doma for posting the link - there's still a dearth of quality information regarding the beta so this will have to do for now. Even though I'm from the UK, I don't really like TotalBiscuits delivery style. And his review of the beta often felt r...
by Blocks100
02 Jul 2011, 11:40
Topic: TotalBiscuit looks at Homm VI
Replies: 6
Views: 3498

Ugh...40 minutes. Is there not an edited version?
by Blocks100
30 Jun 2011, 16:55
Topic: DRM for Heroes of Might and Magic 6
Replies: 40
Views: 28898

Just read a comment from on a beta tester over on the official forums saying that the game requires a constant online connection if you wish to retain your heroes' profiles. I don't know what this means exactly, but it sounds as if you wanna play just a single-player map you don't have to be online....
by Blocks100
16 Jun 2011, 16:50
Topic: Hero classes, and Warlock is now Inferno..
Replies: 17
Views: 8306

What am I missing here? Do these 6 hero classes mean there isn't going to be actual 'named' heroes outside of the campaign maps?
by Blocks100
28 Apr 2011, 13:26
Topic: Town Window instead Town Screen
Replies: 62
Views: 31868

Really like the art of the Inferno town screen, superb. Just a shame it's not interactive :( The ugly interface buttons and unit slots seem like a throwback to H5. Dispense with the 'fisher price' baby buttons and give us a proper town interface please!
by Blocks100
24 Apr 2011, 13:42
Topic: What's The Worst Faction ?
Replies: 274
Views: 98730

Tbh, I'm a little ambivalent towards the whole Dwarven faction. They barely made it into H5, they're not going to make it into the starting line-up of H6, and the chances of them making another expansion cameo are slim. I'll sure miss raiding those dwarven treasuries though....love to see them retur...
by Blocks100
23 Apr 2011, 18:40
Topic: A question and answer with Marzhin and xhane
Replies: 11
Views: 6636

Re-launching HOMM without one of its most iconic units is folly. Suggesting it may reappear in some distant expansion really is the worst kind of carrot-dangling that wont appease fans, it just irritates them. Sanctuary should've been held back for the expansion. Not sacrificing two factions to make...
by Blocks100
23 Apr 2011, 13:05
Topic: Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)
Replies: 57
Views: 18423

Nimbyism in HOMM (portal placement woes)

The one thing that always irked me slightly about the brilliant HOMM III was the tendency (especially with random map creation) for Monoliths and Subterranean Gates to be placed right next to my starting town. Now these are iconic HOMM map locations, and it'll be interesting to see how they're place...
by Blocks100
20 Apr 2011, 18:02
Topic: the game is pushed back to september
Replies: 28
Views: 14404

Hopefully they're having a re-think on the whole Sanctuary faction, considering its lukewarm reception by fans. Perhaps they'll break them up into random neutral creatures, and restore the classic towns that at least looked like a homogeneous fighting force....
by Blocks100
20 Apr 2011, 15:21
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55803

It always puzzles me why folks bother to declare their 'un-hyped' status for this game. If in fact you were completely indifferent to the game, then you probably wouldn't bother posting in this topic on these hallowed boards.... Black Hole look set to deliver the lushest looking Heroes ever. Sure, s...
by Blocks100
20 Apr 2011, 15:11
Topic: the game is pushed back to september
Replies: 28
Views: 14404

What changes are we talking about here? Fill me in please. Mixed feelings about it being pushed back. More time for bug testing for sure, but what glitches have they hit (serious or otherwise) that have caused this hiccup? Still, September release is cool. Playing videogames in the summertime sucks.
by Blocks100
20 Apr 2011, 15:03
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Griffins
Replies: 12
Views: 3606

Griffins

The actual in-game model (armoured griffin) does actually look really good. The concept art doesn't do it justice
by Blocks100
14 Apr 2011, 17:35
Topic: HVI units (images)
Replies: 227
Views: 172216

I actually thought it was some sort of rat-boy after I saw the concept art. But now the unit is up on the Ubi site, it does look rather good. Just a pity the faction itself is rather meh.
by Blocks100
16 Mar 2011, 18:00
Topic: Last faction - Sanctuary
Replies: 134
Views: 61611

I don't think this new faction actually looks like a cohesive army. Some sort of rat boy, water spirits and Samaria-naga. It looks too disjointed. I hate to criticise Black Hole because up until now they looked to have been doing a pretty good job, but this is just...ughhhhr.
by Blocks100
16 Mar 2011, 17:24
Topic: Minimum & Recommended system requirement
Replies: 50
Views: 21097

So I'm running a Athlon 4800, just below the minimum spec - meet all the other requirements though. If I turn everything to low/off, any chance it'll run? Do hope there's going to be a demo so I can 'test' it.
by Blocks100
16 Feb 2011, 13:19
Topic: Are you really hyped?
Replies: 128
Views: 55803

I'm cautiously optimistic about this new Heroes game. There's a lot to admire about Black Hole's take on the franchise. The new Harpy is the finest looking unit I've seen in any HOMM game, and the ability to convert towns shows they are listening to fans. On the flip side, some of the other units lo...
by Blocks100
30 Sep 2010, 14:23
Topic: Heroes VI seems to be reinventing the wheel. Good or bad?
Replies: 37
Views: 16942

I think the general consensus is that H3 town portal spell was over-powered. Sure, it was fun to be able to zap to any town, but it quicky became rather game-breaking. Check out the 'adventure map spells' thread here for more opinons....

Go to advanced search