Search found 64 matches

by sezerp
Feb 15 2007, 14:37
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 19874

Re: HoMM6 gameplay discusion

---CITY TREES--- There should be 4 kinds of settlements: 1. Castles - they should be specialized for armies - they have the highest level units, more upgrades and stat increases 2. Cities - specialized in economy - they create weak units, but give you many resources and all mines in their territory...
by sezerp
Jan 11 2007, 15:42
Topic: Graphic issues
Replies: 13
Views: 1860

Hmm... seems to be working fine now. Didn't do anything though, except what I had already done. Thing was, that it wasn't just Heroes V, I later found out it even happend in another game, so then I knew it had to do with drivers or something. But anyhow, seems to be gone now in both games... just h...
by sezerp
Jan 11 2007, 15:21
Topic: Neutrals' mood coefficient, and is diplomacy worthwhile?
Replies: 18
Views: 4165

LoneChinchilla wrote:Thanks for the good thoughts, everyone.

And, does anyone know how the mood is determined (friendly, aggressive, etc.?)

AFAIK this is defined during creation of scenario, in map editor.
by sezerp
Jan 5 2007, 8:19
Topic: map editor and fullscreen in HOF
Replies: 18
Views: 2466

Deymus wrote:Yeah, that won't work for me because fullscreen is set to 1 already.

Are you sure you looked at HOF profile ? Because it is not the same which was used in original game (and the old one is still on disk).
by sezerp
Jan 4 2007, 14:13
Topic: Who you gonna call?
Replies: 41
Views: 4603

The all-or-nothing problem is not Ghost specific. Unicorns, Nightmares, Squires, Militia, Master Hunters, Spear Wielders, Blackbear Riders. Luck and Morale (and Minotaurs). It is not the same. In all cases you've mentioned except Ghosts, the acting side is the one which gain the benefit. It is not ...
by sezerp
Jan 4 2007, 8:42
Topic: Who you gonna call?
Replies: 41
Views: 4603

While I agree it is OK to have random factor in strategy game (we have it in real life too after all), I sometimes have the feeling it is a bit too big in HoMM V. (initial ATB during battle is IMHO good example) Speaking about ghost in particular, personally I don't have the problem with that the ef...
by sezerp
Dec 14 2006, 8:13
Topic: Hammers of Fate Campaign 3 Map 5
Replies: 5
Views: 1507

I finished the campaign on 'Normal' so I'm not really the expert, but what the hell :-) You can try the following: Search for the artifacts. I don't know if they are random or not - in my game I had bag of gold (1000gp per day) and the ring which reduces enemy's luck (I forgot its name), which helpe...
by sezerp
Dec 5 2006, 7:57
Topic: Bugs in HV...
Replies: 196
Views: 46196

Anyone experienced this bug? It only happens when it comes to my grffins/imperial griffins. They will just disappear from the initiative bar from time to time, sometimes before their turn, during, and sometimes after Eg. It comes to their turn and before their turn, let's say I see that they have 3...
by sezerp
Dec 4 2006, 8:39
Topic: HoF campaign - Ylaya's Quest The Spy
Replies: 10
Views: 2135

PaladinOfMM wrote:(...)
I'm not sure whether you need to kill all the "revealed" creatures in order to be at the site or ritual or not. You can try go to the WatchTower immediately though...

You don't need to - I didn't . Just reach the WatchTower and you'll win.
by sezerp
Sep 26 2006, 7:00
Topic: Battlesavy
Replies: 16
Views: 2370

I like the idea, that might heroes should have the possibility to use their physical attack more efficiently. After all, single combat is part of Knight's training while it is not (necessarily) the case for e.g. Wizards. I think either increasing damage or the frequency would be really OK. OTOH I wo...
by sezerp
Sep 25 2006, 7:55
Topic: your opinion on Raise Dead & Ressurect in 1.3
Replies: 85
Views: 11992

You guys keep forgetting, that this is a European game for a European market, and as such it's not designed for American emphesis on multiplayer balance. Their chief concern is single player, and whether the CAMPAIGNS are balanced the way it should be. The majority of THEIR audience only plays the ...
by sezerp
Sep 19 2006, 13:49
Topic: Do casting creatures need nerfing?
Replies: 34
Views: 5347

The only difference there is: the magic units will do hurting damage even in low numbers. Which is terribly unbalancing... Wouldn't be if druids were neutral. As it is now: You wipe 50% of enemy's druids ? Who cares, remaining half is enough to kill you. OTOH you are better player and have twice as...
by sezerp
Sep 15 2006, 13:52
Topic: Patch 1.3 is out...
Replies: 61
Views: 14163

I don't like radical changes too much either. But if they make the game better - what the hell. It's not like they introduced simultanous retaliation or changed effects of Spell Power :devil:
by sezerp
Sep 8 2006, 7:37
Topic: Garrisons and military posts-could they be better?
Replies: 37
Views: 3989

Military Posts upgradable ? If you ask me, that would be nice. I had such idea some time ago. Something like real military 'base' (maybe 'fort' is a better word), where you can build some (limited) fortifications and train troops. They would not bring income (or only small one, like 250 GP/day). But...
by sezerp
Sep 8 2006, 7:25
Topic: Questions from a HOMMV beginner...
Replies: 32
Views: 4107

As for selection of starting factions: In Single Player maps you can't do this, because those maps are kind of 'historical scenarios' in which you can play some events from history of Ashan. Not a bug but a feature. What you can do thought: in scenario selection window there's small checkbox saying ...
by sezerp
Sep 6 2006, 8:54
Topic: Destructive magic a bit underpowered?
Replies: 32
Views: 3455

Inferno hero is might-oriented, so maybe that's the problem. OTOH, damage done by say, Lightning Bolt is pityful. Except when it is cast by Druids -then it's way overpowered, especially in the early stages of the game
by sezerp
Aug 28 2006, 13:49
Topic: Positive and Patient
Replies: 91
Views: 10157

I agree HV is enjoyable and a nice game, but it is in quite a few aspects worse than HIII. It is Ok because it is more interesting in other aspects. But: My problem with HV is quality control, which, well, sucks. The first patch reverted half of texts in polish version of the game back to english. T...
by sezerp
Aug 22 2006, 7:20
Forum: Articles
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 8567

Haven Strategy

To Q.Dragon:
Now THAT'S in-depth analysis of Peasants Economy :-)
by sezerp
Aug 21 2006, 15:16
Forum: Articles
Topic: Last But Not Least, the Haven Tips
Replies: 49
Views: 8567

Haven Strategy

Good article, nevertheless i throw my 2 cents... -considering that cost of 1 peasant is 20 gold, 1 gold piece per turn is not so great (by comparison: investments in Town Halls return themselves in just 5 days). It's much nicer though if you can get them free of charge, from external dwellings. Usua...
by sezerp
Aug 10 2006, 10:21
Forum: News
Topic: Operation Patch
Replies: 6
Views: 1433

Operation Patch

The funny thing is CDProjekt is polish company, yet still no patch fixing bugs in polish version...

Go to advanced search