New screen of the day here:
http://h6.heroes.net.pl/nowina/2975
by sezerp
21 Jan 2011, 16:48
Forum: Heroes V-VI
Topic: Heroes VI pictures
Replies: 363
Views: 143132

I know that 3D is scary and the change of relative object size is terrifying, because GOD KNOWS the last thing the internet wants is anything that differs from H3 in any tiny way at all. Right, because I totally said that. Oh wait, I actually said quite the opposite, that a certain _new_ feature ha...
by sezerp
20 Jan 2011, 22:39

As i recall H3 had no guarded piles of resources together with guarded ones... and guarded mines are important for pacing the game. Exactly. Dear mapmakers: guarded resource piles are an option :-) So you'll get resources and exp. I won't complain. ..and quite possibly lose some of your precious st...
by sezerp
20 Jan 2011, 08:22

I see that obsession to guard every resource pile is still there...
Mission: defeat crossbowmen, reward: whatever you'll find in that campfire:-)
(picture for Jan 20, lower left corner)
by sezerp
20 Jan 2011, 08:12
Topic: The Best And The Worst
Replies: 153
Views: 46140

Following the logic of "we can't do this and that, because we have random starting position" we should get rid of snow, desert & swamp terrain, because certain faction have clear advantage over others on that terrains...
by sezerp
15 Jan 2011, 15:04

But.. isn't that the same as using 4 resources without complex systems of involving rare resources in unit pricing? It's not 100% the same. The more units depend on resource gathering the more important it becomes. There are also more constraints to consider. I agree that competition over one resou...
by sezerp
15 Jan 2011, 12:02

That's an interesting though Pitsu. In HoMM 1-3 you could easily have 20+ settlements on a XL map. Also, the abilities of heroes where not so stricly tied to the creatures (with the exception of Necromancers). This meant you could and actually had to use the creatures and heroes from other factions ...
by sezerp
07 Oct 2008, 14:28
Topic: Wishlist For Future Heroes Games: Skill System
Replies: 38
Views: 9543

Might heroes have attack and defense values that help their creatures every single turn on both attack and defense without requiring any action on the part of the heroe. The knowledge and spell power of a magic heroe don't help their creatures at all. A magic heroe can only help his creatures with ...
by sezerp
26 Sep 2008, 14:18
Topic: True beginner seeks instruction
Replies: 30
Views: 9192

So that's how it feels when you play H5 without seeing previous games ;) Some thoughts from me: 'Superhero' strategy is good, but you cannot completely ignore your other heroes. Your best hero will not always be there to defend your castles. So make sure that your secondary hero(es) visits that +100...
by sezerp
26 Sep 2008, 13:56
Topic: HOMIII Complete (not Wake of the Gods) vs. TOTE
Replies: 23
Views: 8496

There are quite a few very nice new features in ToTE which were non-existent in H3. To name a few: - alternative upgrades - class specific skills - skill trees - caravans OTOH there are some features I miss in H5: - maps feel smaller than in H3 and do not have that many towns - there's only one hero...
by sezerp
08 Feb 2008, 16:12
Topic: Heroes VI Wishlist And Engine Poll
Replies: 75
Views: 20280

- I 'd like to see 4 levels of creatures. That doesn't mean I want 4 creatures only per faction. I just believe it makes more sense that way. We have weak units, medium, strong and super. The way it is now there units of different levels that don't differ that much in power. I couldn't disagree mor...
by sezerp
18 Oct 2007, 09:10
Topic: Necromancy and Avenger in TotE: how good they are ?
Replies: 1
Views: 1153

Necromancy and Avenger in TotE: how good they are ?

With all the alternative upgrades it is quite clear to me, that those 2 skills are going to be affected, and I'd really love to hear what the impact really is. (and I will no be able to find out myself until polish release of ToE somewhere in November :( ) What I guess is: - Avenger skill becomes ha...
by sezerp
27 Apr 2007, 06:43
Topic: Which version do you play (the most)?
Replies: 13
Views: 4041

Many games don't have the add-on installed over the original game, though I agree I don't like this. For some imcomprehensible reason developers tend to choose that path nowadays. Examples: Warcraft II, Heroes II-IV, Medievel: Total War all had add-ons integrated with the original game. OTOH Warcra...
by sezerp
11 Apr 2007, 06:55
Topic: Strategy question: Gold or Experience
Replies: 40
Views: 8476

Why should you have the advantage on the battlefield? You may have a higher level hero but you have a smaller army; I have a lower level hero but a larger army. I should equally win battles without losses. In fact, I should have more Druids, Unicorns and Treants because I'll reach them earlier than...
by sezerp
10 Apr 2007, 07:59
Topic: Strategy question: Gold or Experience
Replies: 40
Views: 8476

Suppose two players play, me and you. You take experience, I take gold. We meet in a final battle where you, courtesy of the experience, are level 21. However, because I took gold, I reached the (say) Emerald Dragon dwelling a week before you did, thus having an extra two Emerald Dragons on the bat...
by sezerp
26 Feb 2007, 09:14
Topic: Hof C2M5 - Laszlo attacks?
Replies: 4
Views: 2647

Perhaps Ubival has changed it in patch 2.1 ? If enough people complained about difficulty.. In my game (HoF 2.0, normal diff.) Laszlo went all they way to my town. He would also chase Duncan (who had no army), if given a chance. I was really caught with my pants down - Duncan was somewhere in the ar...
by sezerp
20 Feb 2007, 08:06
Topic: About bone dragons & wights
Replies: 32
Views: 8361

I agree with JJ on this. Necro is not weak. Wraiths may be expensive, but once you get them, you can keep them alive with Raise Dead and Eternal Servitude, so you don't loose that many. And if you get your other valuable units from Necromancy, then you CAN afford bying them, can't you ? That's the p...
by sezerp
20 Feb 2007, 07:54
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30681

While I wouldn't mind HVI to be 'H5 deluxe' in terms of graphic engine, I would definitely like to see some new features. The only question for me is what new features. IMHO some of the Sauron's ideas go to far towards HoMM :Total War. Hell, my own 'loyalty' idea is perhaps going too far. (though I ...
by sezerp
16 Feb 2007, 13:22
Topic: H_HoF -> Original campaign
Replies: 7
Views: 2457

Why couldn't Nival integrate the addon within the original game? Like it was done before in previous Heroes games? It probably has something to do with "going the easy way". What are you talking about? In H3 era, after installing Armagedon's Blade, you needed to run it by itself (true, yo...
by sezerp
16 Feb 2007, 08:13
Topic: HoMM6 gameplay discusion
Replies: 95
Views: 30681

---MISC.--- To give capital morew meaning then the wussy +2000 gold bonus. Capitals are always special cities, in both history and fiction. Why would you care to lose your capital if it is the same as all other cities? Capitals are meant to be places from where the ruling lords get their powers. I ...

Go to advanced search