Search found 168 matches

by Maciek
10 Nov 2014, 00:01
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: Heroes IV: Problem with using "guard"
Replies: 19
Views: 10275

I just managed to observe that for coloured AI armies on ships. They don't want to stand still. Ship or not and whatever the reason, you can force the naughty monster to stand still by putting it on a stone (or any other small, impassable object). You can then bomb out the stone when the monster get...
by Maciek
03 Oct 2014, 20:47
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: H4 The Reckoning campaigns
Replies: 130
Views: 55109

If H4Util allows you to copy / paste scripts, that would definitely be helpful! It does. You get your scripts written in C-styled text, so you can copy/paste/type/modify them easily. By the way, you could put your triggerable scripts that do some randomizing/calculations on neutral heroes or armies...
by Maciek
05 Aug 2014, 21:51
Forum: Modcrafting Guild
Topic: Looking to (lightly) mod HOMM3 / 4
Replies: 10
Views: 11900

For heroes 3 modding, check out first and last post in this FAQ thread . Then have a look at Erm help . With that, you can make new artifacts and new combo artifacts, among many other things. You may need to invent some kind of freezing effect, as there isn't any in heroes 3 (except 2 direct damage ...
by Maciek
28 Apr 2014, 21:05
Forum: Campfire
Topic: Knock knock..
Replies: 25
Views: 15746

Still branch C: "maHvaD mev 'Iv vaj 'eq! ra' jatlhtaH net poQbej Daghaj pagh SoH SuD moj wa'!" Poor Officer thought hard, but didn't know a single word in Klingon. The awoken dwellers were coming closer with each thought and in the mess, the Dog forgot to return his missing bone before it...
by Maciek
23 Apr 2014, 23:31

" said a young man sitting in front of a strange device with many buttons, and then added: "Skelton, are you even awake?! Hellooo..." "...ooooew!?!" lodly complained the cat as the dog trotted over it towards the inside of the Mausoleum. As if awoken from some kind of trance...
by Maciek
18 Apr 2014, 21:57
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Dem Skeltons
Replies: 4
Views: 2576

Dem Skeltons

The screen comes from one map of Karmakeld's campaign.

And apparently, there's no link between town Skelton and officer Skelton. A funny coincidence.
by Maciek
08 Apr 2014, 21:32

(The Mausoleum dweller gives officer Skelton a strange look.)
"...Dunno, maybe it once was. I suppose you should know that, coz it's your bone, Officer."
by Maciek
06 Apr 2014, 20:28

"Meow?"
by Maciek
09 Mar 2014, 14:28
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Bug reports
Replies: 99
Views: 139177

Poison Attack and Vial of Poison ignore all Magic Resistance unless it's 100%. Are there any plans to change that?
Death Ward does lower the damage.
by Maciek
15 Feb 2014, 23:54
Topic: Map Editor problem need help!
Replies: 5
Views: 5026

Egypt? I thought that stuff was introduced in 3.55 To my knowledge, 3.55 is (or at least was) some ALPHA or BETA version - only suitable for testing. So perhaps you are using some 3.55 files along with 3.51 ones.
by Maciek
08 Feb 2014, 19:15
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Luck and Morale in Heroes 4
Replies: 5
Views: 8662

You could also check: Fire Aura, Spell Shackle, Life Drain, Retribution, Venom Spawn's Poison, Banish, Pain Mirror (after a spell or a hit - whose luck counts?), Fire Shield (whose luck counts?), Demon Fire (the Vial), Magic Mirror (whose luck counts?), Thunderbirds' Lightning.
by Maciek
20 Dec 2013, 21:51

Thanks, Karmakeld and Dalai. The analisys is there so that it can be checked. Perhaps the new version has some diferent values somewhere or perhaps I made a mistake somewhere. Corrected 3 obvious mistakes in my previous post (corrections in bold). I wrote 'Morale' instead of 'Luck' in section about ...
by Maciek
18 Dec 2013, 21:32

Ok, I see your point. Different numbers, definitely, but which outcome is more desirable? I suppose a)-9, b)-3. But I don't think it's important if it's easier to avoid bugs with the other numbers. I don't know in which case is it easier to avoid some bugs/loopholes, but I guess it's in the first c...
by Maciek
18 Dec 2013, 00:27

I don't quite understand your thought. What sense could it make to have -13 Luck or +19 Morale? What would the difference between -13 and -10 look like? a) You have -13 luck. Visit Rainbow and get a Leprechauns Ring and you have -9. If you have -10 instead of -13, you end at -6 instead. b) Your Cha...
by Maciek
17 Dec 2013, 20:30

range is limited to +10/-10. I suppose having some more than +10 or some less than -10 could make sense. I mean, you can lose up to 9 morale during battle for losing total hp of your army, there's some Vial that decreases morale by 10, there are +morale artifacts, +luck/morale buildings, Leadership...
by Maciek
16 Dec 2013, 22:16

the conclusions were: Conclusions (In general decreases will bug, increases won't) Before you first load a game on a given map, all +/- morale and luck scripts work okay. After you load the game, increase scripts will still work fine, but all decrease scripts will effectively give permament (!) max...
by Maciek
15 Dec 2013, 00:24
Topic: Aragorn the Lucky
Replies: 7
Views: 5556

Aragorn the Lucky

Quest gate at (154, 129) is supposed to decrease luck. But you can only decrease luck and morale until player first loads the game after starting the map. Else, the result is like in the picture. It's a bug in scripts and it's also present in Winds of War. Equilibris (at least until 3.51) didn't fix...
by Maciek
14 Dec 2013, 22:36
Topic: Aragorn the Lucky
Replies: 7
Views: 5556

Aragorn the Lucky

Right click this army on adventure map. What number does it show now? 258? Afaik, all decrease morale and decrease luck scripts bug out after you load the game, both with and without Equi. Now, Aragorn will probably have maximum luck in every fight until the end of the map. Unless it's some other bug.
by Maciek
14 Nov 2013, 19:35
Topic: Fast-moving Bandits
Replies: 16
Views: 8236

Fast-moving Bandits

"Upcoming version"? Does it mean some new version will be released soon? Do you have a list of changes?
by Maciek
12 Nov 2013, 21:18
Topic: Fast-moving Bandits
Replies: 16
Views: 8236

Fast-moving Bandits

The trick is that when you split a stack, you can use Endurance Potion again and it will affect the new stack (and nobody else). So, you could just keep splitting the Bandits, leaving just 1 in the old stack every time, and keep using Endurance Potions for as longas you have Bandits and Potions. Sou...

Go to advanced search