Search found 168 matches

by Maciek
09 Oct 2015, 19:31
Forum: Heroes I-IV
Topic: Megom Chronicles Project
Replies: 189
Views: 86469

Re: Megom Chronicles Project

Here you go. I've learned that from Taro. 1. Back up equi.h4r from Data and get these programs: TextEdit: http://www.heroworld.net/dl.php?dl=77 mh4_096: http://depositfiles.com/files/70aaxhioe I heard those are the latest versions of these programs. 2. Using mh4, open equi.h4r, select all and extrac...
by Maciek
07 Oct 2015, 23:29

He's now known as '$(rush_points)', not 'hack' or 'Crag Hack'. Please, respect his choice. I'm playing on Champion, of course. I don't see the problem with PoIs on Champion, but I can't speak for other difficulties. Sure, they can be abused in some maps (for example map 1 of Megom 1), because there'...
by Maciek
06 Oct 2015, 18:57

Got through the Nagas on second try. Knowing what is where made all the difference (since level 2 spells didn't). This time, I didn't waste Poison Vials on Dwarfs, because I picked Sorcery and had some Halflings for more damage before having to melee. Also didn't waste good Potions on Mages defendin...
by Maciek
03 Oct 2015, 11:19

I'm past map 3, 4 and half of 5. In 3., I decided to stick with my first choice of sidekicks (Sorceress+Necromancer). After conquering Gloath on day 3, Behart was casting 'Mire' on Hovhannes for 2 days while gathering experience in the vicinity together with his Sorceress sidekick. On day 5, they we...
by Maciek
29 Sep 2015, 20:04
Topic: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - completed!
Replies: 12
Views: 7482

Re: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - am playing it

You never mentioned any Demons. If you have hundreds of level 7 creatures, including Devils, you could probably have thousands of Demons. Maybe even over 10 thousand. Such a stack could take some beating and hit hard even with retals only. Also, undeads (if you have any) are immune to Fear.
by Maciek
27 Sep 2015, 09:25

I'm past map 2 and started map 3. I think I've noticed 1 bug in map 2: the mushroom hut near Dark Moss told me that I didn't capture at least 3 Troll Caves even when I had 6. Not like I needed or wanted any more Trolls. The one I recruited from the first Cave and used in 2 unimportant battles was qu...
by Maciek
27 Sep 2015, 09:22
Topic: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - completed!
Replies: 12
Views: 7482

Re: Hans C's Eternal Love campaign - am playing it

How about Quicksand (if you have it)? If you can, Teleport away when Titans get close. If you also have Air Shield and Summon Earth Elemental or some other big stacks, you should survive until Titans are out of shots. Other suggestion: try diplomizing the Titans. Use the following army: n+1 Titans, ...
by Maciek
12 Jul 2015, 11:41
Topic: Dancing Crusader problem
Replies: 4
Views: 3619

I've never played that map either, but I do have a few suggestions: 1) Press 'v' during game. Perhaps thare's a hidden teleporter, tunnel or enemy somewhere that you have missed. 2) The readme also lists contact information to 1 tester, DaDruid. Perhaps he's still reachable? 3) And of course, you co...
by Maciek
27 Jun 2015, 10:12

Darn, that empty town noticed that I tried to take it. Looks like I can't eliminate the enemies. But I might still try to assasinate their heroes. Wondering how to develop each hero. Combat is not availible, but there's a lot of Scouting altars around. Level limit of 12 seems quite high at this poin...
by Maciek
26 Jun 2015, 22:23

Okay, I'm past map 1. Tried it with both stationary and mobile guards. I liked it better with mobile guards (despite the daily message reminding me the I shouldn't be doing that), because the Air Elementals seemed more eager to move around rather than stand for a few days right next to the exact spo...
by Maciek
26 Jun 2015, 12:12
Topic: Call to H-IV mapmakers - AI enchancing scripts
Replies: 231
Views: 104051

All I know about h4util comes either from its documentation (h4util.doc) or from using it. In addition to h4util, you may want to get some text editor that's fit for editing scripts. Such as Notepad++ or Vim. Now, let's teach you how to use h4util and your fancy text editor to modify scripts in your...
by Maciek
01 Jun 2015, 21:48

I've played MC:ToS some time ago. Version 1.0 once and version 1.11 once. Both times in WoW, since the campaign wasn't designed for Equilibris. Here are some comments: my subjective scores, in no particular order (the scales start at 0): balance: 1/2 (carryover heroes' strength gets out of hand at t...
by Maciek
09 May 2015, 11:04
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35235

@ iLiVeInAbOx05 : A more efficient way is: calculate the number of elves you want to take if(elves_to_take >= 4096) { shouldn't happen; some script to handle an overflow error } else { if(elves_to_take >= 2048) { take 2048 elves elves_to_take = elves_to_take - 2048 } if(elves_to_take >= 1024) { take...
by Maciek
08 May 2015, 23:25
Topic: Why HIV is better or equal to HIII
Replies: 77
Views: 35235

What Salamandre says about commanders/creatures acting as heroes is not just a theoretical possibility, it's a technique he and Jim Vogan actually use in some of their maps. Some (most?) of Jim's maps actually feel more like H4 than H3. I view H4 campaign editor as a good compromise between power (E...
by Maciek
28 Apr 2015, 19:33
Forum: Equilibris
Topic: Minimalistic map - most important objects
Replies: 13
Views: 11394

Imo, 5 types of interactable objects are more than enough to make a minimalistic map. In fact, one could use just a bunch of armies (1 type of objects) with some scripts on them (I suppose scripts on armies don't count as separate objects). My criterion for putting things on the list is "import...
by Maciek
19 Feb 2015, 11:03
Forum: Mapmaking Guild
Topic: HOMM 5 map conversion
Replies: 7
Views: 6282

Hi, try unpacking your map with winrar/winzip/7zip/tar or something similar, then rename Maps/Multiplayer to Maps/SingleMissions and repack. As far as I remember, that's all you need to do to convert your map from multiplayer to singleplayer. Oh, and remember to make backup copies of your map. I've ...
by Maciek
31 Jan 2015, 23:55
Topic: Heroes IV Questions: General
Replies: 4
Views: 6045

Ad. A, B, C, Ressurection, Necromancy, Diplomacy, Charm: Total bonus from each hero is calculated (skills+artifacts+class). Only the best bonus counts. Ad. Summoning and resource/gold: All those bonuses stack. Lord Commander > Field Marshall. Attack bonus from both classes is comparable and higher M...
by Maciek
22 Nov 2014, 22:29
Topic: Post: Talk about your Draconic experiences!
Replies: 5
Views: 4632

Try visiting the tower on 7th day of any week. You will need your millions of gold. I remember starting Draconic 2 years ago, but not finishing it. So, I don't know if I finished Draconic 2 or not. The idea of getting updated quests from the Council Tower was a good one, but their quests were too op...
by Maciek
21 Nov 2014, 19:59
Topic: Post: Talk about your Draconic experiences!
Replies: 5
Views: 4632

I remember playing Draconic years ago. There's a tower-like quest hut in the bottom right corner where you can buy experience and even levels if you visit it on 7th day of the week. I remember getting a lot of high level heroes with its help and remember getting enough gold to train all the heroes I...
by Maciek
11 Nov 2014, 19:19
Topic: Bad Luck with H4 skills allocation makes me long for H7
Replies: 7
Views: 4881

Not being offered Wisdom by level 25 in h3 is possible, but only if mapmaker banned the skill. "Initial shrine"? You mean "initial Witch hut", no? I'm not sure if I played this map, but looking in editor reveals some Order Magic Altars and a Witch Hut with Order Magic near first ...

Go to advanced search