Search found 168 matches

by Maciek
29 Jan 2012, 17:42
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: All Blind
Replies: 2
Views: 1452

All Blind

Hmm... Is there a large stack of Archangels hidden somewhere using sacrifice on Phoenixes?
by Maciek
29 Jan 2012, 11:24
Forum: News
Topic: Quiz: Round #3
Replies: 33
Views: 10062

Looks like growth of neutral armies is something like 10%/week, limited to their growth rate(1/week for Blacks). I'm quite surprised by the latter. In my solution, I attack the Dragons on day 1. After a test and some calculations, I think I will give you 1 year.
by Maciek
28 Jan 2012, 10:06
Topic: Quiz: Round #2
Replies: 25
Views: 9809

You can hit "End Turn" and attack on next day. You'll have full mana. When I try that with a coloured Dragon, it attacks me on its turn. I can either set it to static or neutral to avoid it. Now, what if I set it neutral but not set it static? Perhaps I didn't make it very clear: static c...
by Maciek
27 Jan 2012, 21:36
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroic 1.6 math
Replies: 4
Views: 2391

Heroic 1.6 maths

Oh, I remember you posted about this in comments to Maltz's walkthroughs some time ago. Isabel was limited to a fairly low level, so it must've been pretty hard to build her just right. I also remember what I did to that garrison when I played that map: for a start, I calculated how much in-game tim...
by Maciek
27 Jan 2012, 20:01
Topic: Quiz: Round #1
Replies: 32
Views: 9828

ThunderTitan wrote:Screw the dragons, with enough money for a hero the hut can just give you 30 levels...
You're quite close to another solution. Also, this kind of attitute should be of some help in question 5.
by Maciek
27 Jan 2012, 19:41
Topic: Quiz: Round #2
Replies: 25
Views: 9809

You can see that I tested it a little differently from what I've seen in Dalai's save. My barbarians started at level 2 instead of visiting a learning stone, which gave them 1 more mana(so they could cast a level 5 spell 2 times). At the end I also tried combinations with any 4-th skill allowed. I a...
by Maciek
27 Jan 2012, 12:43

Duzeom_ wrote:Quest hut - which gives you 100 Black Dragons :D
:applause: That's one of the objects I had in mind. 100 Black Dragons are a good reward too.
by Maciek
23 Jan 2012, 23:52

Now 3100 gold does make a lot more sense Actually, I took the cost of hiring a hero and added the cost of a Vampire(1100, and I remembered that Vampires were quite expensive for creatures), just in case somebody wanted to try with creature generators. Still, the exact value was intended for confusi...
by Maciek
23 Jan 2012, 11:18

Quiz: Round #1

Weird, I buy heroes in external taverns for 2000 gold and Water Elementals from Water Portals for 350 gold each and Genies from Altar of Wishes for 550 gold each. On the other hand, I need to fight 24 and not 12 WE to capture their dweeling. Is there something wrong with my game version?:) The Genie...
by Maciek
22 Jan 2012, 23:16

Quiz: Round #1

Hi guys! Nice answers! I'm still expecting 3-5 different answers though.:) From what I see, I think Spin and Dalai have the best chance of guessing those.:) @Dalai: You have enough gold to buy a whooping 3 Elementals. Also, the snowy area is 1 tile wider than the Water Portal, so your hero with Medu...
by Maciek
21 Jan 2012, 12:24
Topic: Send Us Battle Pictures!
Replies: 6
Views: 3496

Send Us Battle Pictures!

Speaking of which, did you receive that Heroes 4 quiz that I sent you?
by Maciek
22 Jun 2010, 10:33
Forum: Articles
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiation
Replies: 12
Views: 6713

Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiation

The biggest army of this mission (and possibly of all h5 campaigns) is guarding a large empty area in the north-east. When I got there just after clearing the rest of this map, there were some 30 000 thanes! Definitely doable with dark and resurrection and if they are in 3 stacks. Otherwise, well......
by Maciek
24 Jan 2010, 18:49
Topic: Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A
Replies: 92
Views: 52534

Tribes of the East ￾→ Flying to the Rescue ￾→ A

this should work for just about any kujin build(what skills do u have btw?): 1. do NOT field centaurs and put goblins far from cyclopses and anything that is likety to get seduced 2. keep goblins alive 3. keep defiling magic on enemy 4. don't try to get into the castle with your units 5. destroy dem...
by Maciek
14 Jan 2010, 21:44

well, on easy all neutral stacks, including reinformances you pick on the way and those 4 stacks are much smaller and grow slower than on heroic difficulty that this walkthrough is based at
by Maciek
07 Jan 2010, 16:34
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One
Replies: 90
Views: 42853

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → One

The thing about teal is that they don't always attack you periodically. For one, they attacked me once only(week 6, day 5), but my battles with gotai from here: http://www.speedyshare.com/files/20003817/pack_of_replays.zip should give you an idea of how to use last stand and 10 vywerns to (hopefully...
by Maciek
26 Dec 2009, 13:23

If you absolutely can't win with Kujin on 3.1, where u can't stop heroes, well, have a look at the first quarter: there's a tavern to hire heroes, hopefully a high level hero left by you to mentor them out and give them armageddon/word of light/puppet master/arcane crystal/summon hive or something(t...
by Maciek
12 Dec 2009, 22:57
Topic: Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Summ
Replies: 28
Views: 16363

Tribes of the East → Flying to the Rescue → Summ

Okay, so when you beat Hangvul, nothing extraordinary(like a cut-scene) happens. You just immediately get the screen saying that you've lost.

Ps. Destructive with magnetics and last stand works great!
Edited on Sat, Dec 12 2009, 17:59 by Maciek
by Maciek
27 Nov 2009, 21:00
Topic: Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter
Replies: 61
Views: 39248

Tribes of the East → To Honor our Fathers → Hunting the Hunter

Yeah, quite funny... don't forget to mentor Quroq with Gotai. Then also Gotai will be his own mentor's mentor. Wonder what will Khengi(a major character! he's helping Gotai since the beggining!) do after Alaric kills him? Be raised by some necro as an undead goblin and steal Alaric's head? I guess y...
by Maciek
27 Nov 2009, 20:47
Topic: Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiation
Replies: 12
Views: 6713

Hammers of Fate → Freyda's Dilemma → Negotiation

About "no trick to the final battle" - remember about your marksmen close range shot, teleport, haste, some damage buffs and (mass) slow. You actually don't need anything else, not even an ammocart. Note: If you beat those magma dragons between the garrisons, the game freezes upon approach...
by Maciek
14 Nov 2009, 18:55
Topic: Will of Asha Campaign Done
Replies: 34
Views: 16577

Tribes of the East → Will of Asha → Beasts and B

A thing to keep in mind if u want to relay on avatar and phoenix to do the damage while capturing yellow stronghold: Blood rage cuts down damage they receive by half, which is quite a lot. Avatar slowly replenishes their rage with spells(like +10 per attack). Damage u can do drains it just as slowly...

Go to advanced search