Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
07 Dec 2010, 12:14
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes VI Sun Rider
Replies: 36
Views: 11040

Heroes VI Sun Rider

I don't disagree, I am just trying to reason why developers would thing it wouldn't be such a good idea since griffins are kinda iconic in M&M universe. IIRC, though, you are right, since Catherine Ironfist is seen riding one in H3. However she is a queen, isn't she? I am quite sure also that MM...
by hellegennes
07 Dec 2010, 09:19

Heroes VI Sun Rider

@vicheron:

Probably because it will reduce the griffin to a hoss and it will have no sense for it to be a unit on its own, much like there are no horses fighting (well, except for unicorns and the like but these never had riders).
by hellegennes
06 Dec 2010, 00:44

Heroes VI Sun Rider

Wow, their heads are half the size of their palms. I guess they don't do much thinking.
by hellegennes
03 Dec 2010, 05:29
Topic: Heroes VI Pit Lord
Replies: 13
Views: 5194

Heroes VI Pit Lord

Mine too.
by hellegennes
02 Dec 2010, 03:43
Topic: Heroes VI Celestial
Replies: 43
Views: 13123

Heroes VI Celestial

No, the concept belongs to Hesiod, 300 years before Socrates. And "Daimon" means "all-knowing". Later it came to mean supernatural.
by hellegennes
01 Dec 2010, 10:35

Heroes VI Celestial

No, Titans were never described as Gods. Gaia and Ouranos were neither Gods nor Titans themselves. They were demons. Demons were the first beings to exist and have nothing to do with evil in Greek mythology. Death, Victory, Chaos, Night, Eros (Love), Eris, Nemesis... they were all demons. The Gods w...
by hellegennes
01 Dec 2010, 10:22

Heroes VI Pit Lord

You cannot really compare static figures with animated graphics. Plus I don't bother to call it stealing; I've said "drew inspiration". And even if a comparison could hold true for Blizzard's games to Games Workshops' figures, it's completely out of the point; which is: why copy a style fr...
by hellegennes
01 Dec 2010, 04:27

Heroes VI Pit Lord

I am not talking about originality of concept, I am talking about the style being almost identical. Just have a look at these two teaser trailers (H6 and Wow) and you 'll see...
by hellegennes
01 Dec 2010, 03:08

Heroes VI Celestial

Titans weren't gods in mythology. They were the children of Gaia (Earth) and Uranus (sky) and they had god-like powers but were more resemblant of elementals than anything else. Gremlins aren't sabotaging airplanes because there are non in HoMM, The basilisk story is also a bit confusing. That's bec...
by hellegennes
01 Dec 2010, 02:43

Heroes VI Pit Lord

Well, both this and the demon from the teaser, look like Balrog. And all three look like Diablo. It is clear to me that H6 developers drew inspiration from Blizzard games. Look at the howl of the demon in the teaser. Look at how it matches the howl of the Infernal in WOW's intro. It's exactly the sa...
by hellegennes
30 Nov 2010, 04:24

Heroes VI Celestial

A) why does the upgrade has the same sword?

Didn't they have better swords for better ranks?

B) I guess angels don't really need much brain

but they do need boobs bigger than their heads.
by hellegennes
29 Nov 2010, 04:01
Topic: Heroes VI Glory
Replies: 25
Views: 6432

Heroes VI Glory

You are right. Though they can explain their existence with events that they place to occur on these different settings/realms. These can be just events or whole maps. But I understand the complications and implications of introducing non-generic units.
by hellegennes
28 Nov 2010, 21:22

Heroes VI Glory

Here's your explanation: they retired after the events of Heroes VI, which come before those of H5.
by hellegennes
27 Nov 2010, 21:09

Heroes VI Glory

While I totally respect your view, Milla, I'm quite sure that the original Heroes fascination had a lot to do with the fact that NWC mostly took creatures from Tolkienesque fantasy and mythology. More like ancient Greek mythology (25% in H3) + other mythological beasts. Take H3 Tower, for example. G...
by hellegennes
27 Nov 2010, 16:55
Topic: Namtaru
Views: 4823

Namtaru

Yes, they've said the game has bosses as an addition.

Perhaps to guard specific quest areas. Looks like W3 to me...
by hellegennes
27 Nov 2010, 16:53

Heroes VI Glory

This neon-glow creature doesn't feel like a haven unit to me. More like a bar-woman in a pub fetish night. Oh, here it goes! Let us have the Pub faction, pleeeease!
by hellegennes
26 Nov 2010, 13:49
Topic: Namtaru
Views: 4823

Namtaru

This faction starts to feel less like Heroes' necro and more like Warcraft's scourge. Were the designers confused as to which game are they designing for? And, seriously, what is the bloody matter with all the spikes? It looks kitsch and overused as a practice.
by hellegennes
24 Nov 2010, 19:41
Topic: Heroes VI Fate Spinner
Replies: 17
Views: 8402

Heroes VI Fate Spinner

And what is the matter with the spikes? Where did the roundedness go?
by hellegennes
23 Nov 2010, 04:47
Topic: Heroes VI Ghost
Replies: 15
Views: 4722

Heroes VI Ghost

Perhaps the clothes died too.
by hellegennes
23 Nov 2010, 04:34
Topic: Heroes VI Priestess
Replies: 15
Views: 4826

Heroes VI Priestess

At least this unit has the right proportions.

Go to advanced search