Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
21 Jan 2011, 16:50
Forum: Screenshots
Topic: Heroes VI Dreamwalker
Replies: 8
Views: 3685

Heroes VI Dreamwalker

I don't like how they went back to HII style of upgrades, were they are practically the same unit with a change of wardrobe and a bit more ornamental. Especially HIII's upgrades were most of the time a lot different than the original ones. And HII of course is excused because, after all, its the ins...
by hellegennes
20 Jan 2011, 18:36
Topic: Heroes VI Jaguar Warrior
Views: 3761

Heroes VI Jaguar Warrior

Ok, they can use something from the old series and stop making crappy copies. They could use a behemoth alright instead of mimicking one (especially the right one).
by hellegennes
12 Jan 2011, 17:36
Topic: Heroes VI Centaur
Replies: 20
Views: 7857

Heroes VI Centaur

As I can see, their special ability is to be left-handed.
by hellegennes
11 Jan 2011, 12:57
Topic: Heroes VI Centaur
Replies: 20
Views: 7857

Heroes VI Centaur

Horned zebra-woman; certainly. Centaur? Not.
by hellegennes
10 Jan 2011, 01:23
Topic: Michael
Replies: 7
Views: 3104

Michael

At last, an angel with more than two wings. Although I don't very much like the design.
by hellegennes
05 Jan 2011, 08:33
Topic: Heroes VI Orc
Replies: 30
Views: 13149

Heroes VI Orc

As far as I remember, a large proportion of Heroes' creatures are mythological in origin but I don't recall them to be disproportionate, in spite of being fictional.
by hellegennes
05 Jan 2011, 05:36
Topic: Heroes VI Goblin
Replies: 9
Views: 4015

Heroes VI Goblin

Why does the upgrade has missiles on its arm and the normal one has Peruvian flutes? :p
by hellegennes
01 Jan 2011, 14:28

Heroes VI Orc

I don't remember Perrault's wolf described differently than a common wolf. That fantastic abilities are attributed to him is another thing and does require the wolf to have feet twice the size of its head. You know, in art, even if everything is fictional, the concept of proportion is still retained...
by hellegennes
01 Jan 2011, 03:20

Heroes VI Orc

I am so-o-o REALLY curious of about what sort of a "proportionality" are you looking for in a fantasy creature in a fantasy world. Well, fantasy creatures existed since antiquity but proportions were generally retained. All these creatures -even humans- have incredibly small heads and big ...
by hellegennes
31 Dec 2010, 05:12

Heroes VI Orc

That's one of the most likeable units. Of course, it too suffers from the general lack of proportionality and too much detail.
by hellegennes
24 Dec 2010, 00:33
Forum: News
Topic: Xhane Q&A at CoG
Replies: 21
Views: 6309

Xhane Q&A at CoG

Resource management was crucial to Heroes in early to medium game, depending on the map. After a point it becomes redundant. This is realistic. This is what happened in older times when trying to build an empire. That resources become obsolete in large maps is not an issue. Low level units become ob...
by hellegennes
22 Dec 2010, 05:07
Topic: Stronghold Revealed
Replies: 48
Views: 15419

Stronghold Revealed

Harpies and sirens were first got mixed in antiquity (a few centuries after Homer). Of course neither description implied a winged Pre-colombian-American woman.
by hellegennes
18 Dec 2010, 15:59
Topic: Heroes VI Harpy
Replies: 11
Views: 3760

Heroes VI Harpy

Reminds me of WoW's harpy. Wait a minute... it is WoW's harpy! Well, with a different colour.
by hellegennes
18 Dec 2010, 14:12

Stronghold Revealed

Like I've said before, the H6 designers have taken too much out of Blizzard's games. You can see the obvious similarity to the WoW harpies: http://www.wowwiki.com/Harpy Why, it's almost exactly the same! Now, with regards to mythology, you can either have the picture of a harpy not being a bird-woma...
by hellegennes
17 Dec 2010, 17:18
Topic: Heroes VI Lamasu
Views: 3700

Heroes VI Lamasu

@Orfinn:

Different yes; completely? Not. They are all based on the same concept with small variations. Wings, lion body, human head.
by hellegennes
17 Dec 2010, 17:15

Stronghold Revealed

grendel99: But I will provide anyways, this was just done on a quick Google search, but as in the story of the harpy, one was said to be a mother to a human, and I can't imagine it doing that without some anatomical pieces. You are talking about mythology. Zeus splitting over his head with a hammer,...
by hellegennes
16 Dec 2010, 02:22

Stronghold Revealed

Harpies? Really? All I see is winged women with tall feet. Harpies look nothing like that, in the original concept.
by hellegennes
15 Dec 2010, 20:10

Stronghold Revealed

Probably all factions will be present, since there will be expansion packs.
by hellegennes
07 Dec 2010, 20:55
Topic: Heroes VI Sun Rider
Replies: 36
Views: 11072

Heroes VI Sun Rider

@vicheron:

That should have been somewhere in the text I usually don't read when I play a game again :p

@GreatEmerald:

Well, alternative spelling in British English (that seems kinda redundant). In Greek it's "grypas".
by hellegennes
07 Dec 2010, 15:08
Topic: Heroes VI Sun Rider
Replies: 36
Views: 11072

Heroes VI Sun Rider

Gryphon is an alternative spelling, stemming from Greek gryps/grypos (spelled wrong as gryphus in Latin). Griffin comes from French grifon.

Go to advanced search