Search found 843 matches

by hellegennes
13 Jul 2015, 19:18
Forum: News
Topic: Video: Discover Sylvan
Replies: 44
Views: 14680

Video: Discover Sylvan

Constructive criticism is criticism which helps the person to which it is directed to improve. Criticism in general is commenting on something while at the same time explaining the reason of your discontent. The phrase "this is awful" is nothing but a statement. Now, for those of you that ...
by hellegennes
13 Jul 2015, 15:17

It doesn't get on my nerves because it's not even criticism. You just complain about things, I don't remember reading any constructive comment of yours. You are not making the series better by making statements, like "the writing is awful". This is not criticism.
by hellegennes
13 Jul 2015, 06:56

If you think this video is patronizing, then surely you haven't read any of the other games' manuals. If you won't play the game, then it makes zero sense to come here and whine about every new bit of info published, unless of course you have nothing better to do with your life than whining about a ...
by hellegennes
12 Jul 2015, 18:13

Well, the game is not meant to be produced for you, as if 50 people have any reason to work for you and you only, so making tutorial videos for new players is quite normal. In fact, that's what manuals were for. Today of course it is easier for new players to just watch videos rather than spending t...
by hellegennes
12 Jul 2015, 14:28

That is the problem with you, Erwinner. You assume or demand a game that is made for you specifically. The company and the developers on the other hand, might want to bring new people to the series. Ubisoft does not owe you a game.
by hellegennes
28 Jun 2015, 20:45
Topic: H7: Armies of the Silva Part 1 & 2
Replies: 24
Views: 11519

H7: Armies of the Silva Part 1 & 2

Yes, they did.
by hellegennes
25 Jun 2015, 22:07
Topic: H7: Armies of the Silva Part 1 & 2
Replies: 24
Views: 11519

H7: Armies of the Silva Part 1 & 2

@mr.hackcrag:

What on earth are you talking about? Including the druid, there are 3 elves in a lineup of 8 creatures. H1, H2 and H3 all had two elves in lineups of 6 or 7 (H3) creatures. Is one more elf all that annoying in a larger lineup?
by hellegennes
18 Jun 2015, 23:18
Topic: H7: New tales incoming
Replies: 51
Views: 18974

H7: New tales incoming

What I am saying is that H2 would definetely be more popular if the industry timing was right. That happened with H3 (the rising popularity, availability and affordability of the Internet helped treendously). If we are talking about sales, that would be H5.
by hellegennes
18 Jun 2015, 21:46

@mr.hackcrag: The number of participants in this or any other forum is neither big enough nor statistically represantive for such a research to be meaningful. You're basing your argument on a personal impression. @Erwinner: So, when it serves your argument, Ubisoft is a reputable source for you. Nev...
by hellegennes
17 Jun 2015, 14:33

What does "most popular" mean? You're certainly nor referring to sales. Then, how is it a fact that H3 was the most popular? Is there a research that confirms it? But most importantly, why was H3 the most popular, if that's the case? Is it not by happenstance? Don't tell me it's the game's...
by hellegennes
15 Jun 2015, 20:21

@Karmakeld:

Btw. why does Denmark have to do with this, Erwinner? Beside Denmark is not a state but a Country and could you atleast be precise about what's rotten in DK? ;-)

Ahem... Hamlet? Have you ever heard of Shakespeare?
by hellegennes
14 Jun 2015, 16:29

There's a 100% chance that saying something along the lines of "I wish they would stop publishing stupid stories and work on the gameplay" will do absolutely nothing to improve anything at all. Some people confuse constructive criticism with nothing but negative statements. First of all, s...
by hellegennes
12 Jun 2015, 20:47

The cost of writing these tales is ridiculously small, even compared to the budget of animating a single creature. Hence the remark is irrelevant, anyway.

Also, if fans really viewed the story aspect as secondary, they wouldn't whine on a daily basis about Ubisoft abandoning the old universe.
by hellegennes
09 Jun 2015, 22:38

Erwinner, you wish writers would take the time to program, design or draw things?
by hellegennes
30 May 2015, 20:50
Topic: Marzhin and Penin Twitching in May
Replies: 27
Views: 11917

Marzhin and Penin Twitching in May

Profound musical education and refinement cannot equal dull, unimaginative music. But anyway...

H3 added almost nothing new. It was a rehash of H2. The other stuff you mention have absolutely nothing to do with the game itself. It's a community thing.
by hellegennes
29 May 2015, 10:14

@Salamandre: Well, I like beethoven. He is not on my list of favourite composers of his time, but I like him. However I hate the 9th symphony for the reasons I explained. I don't care that it's considered a masterpiece and symbolize everything beethoven is, it's just not a work of art (in my opinion...
by hellegennes
24 May 2015, 22:34

I am a die-hard fan; I have been since 1995. My opinion is hugely different though. I also like H3 less than the other games of the series. I have explained the reasons numerous times. And in my own opinion, the comparison to Beethoven's 9th is wrong. Many old fans see H3 as the greatest of the seri...
by hellegennes
09 Apr 2015, 20:01
Topic: Voting for Vampires!
Replies: 139
Views: 42633

Voting for Vampires!

What are you talking about? Heroes and H2 had THE same creatures, They didn't copy-paste them because the end result would be out of place, but they did repaint them almost the same way. If they were using 3D models, they would possibly reuse some of them, as they appear alike. Take the wolf for exa...
by hellegennes
09 Apr 2015, 15:50

Voting for Vampires!

Nothing is irrelevant. The art direction affects everything regarding graphical representation (notice how H6 and H7 have the same art direction); the colour pallete, the number of colours (which changed between those two games), how cute or serious the art will look like, and much more. Size change...
by hellegennes
09 Apr 2015, 14:40

Voting for Vampires!

nah not really, nothing stopped them from pasting the creature sprites of Heroes 1 into Heroes 2, sitting back and calling it a day, making only the Wizard and Necro creatures lo Something DID stop them from copy-pasting creatures. Basically, three things stopped them when talking about H2: art dire...

Go to advanced search